Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gruden to Oakland rumors from La Canfora CBS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

interesting....

i dont hate o'brien but id like him as a oc more than a hc at least initially

With O'Brien's resume why on earth would the Raiders disrespect him by offering the OC job when there is a line out the door to hire him as a HC?
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Here is something for you to read Bagga:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/26/bill-obrien-penn-state-nfl/

I love O'brien as well. Think he could be the hard-nosed team developer the Raiders franchise needs. But it sounds like there are some external (family related) items that would be detractors.

Didn't know any of this about O'brien prior to reading this.

I have read this article as I am intently following the O'Brien story line. I was very concerned about O'Brien's older son's neurological disorder that will be a factor in his job search but after doing a little research I am confident that finding a quality Children's hospital in the bay will not be an issue and could possible give the Raiders a small advantage.

Penn State Hershey's Children's Hospital (ranked #35)
Hershey, PA (90 minutes from College Station)

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford (ranked #33)
Palo Alto, CA

USCF Benioff Children's Hospital (ranked #22)
San Francisco, CA
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one concern I have is this: none of the New England assistants have been successful head coaches in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I love O'brien as well. Think he could be the hard-nosed team developer the Raiders franchise needs. But it sounds like there are some external (family related) items that would be detractors.

I have read this article as I am intently following the O'Brien story line. I was very concerned about O'Brien's older son's neurological disorder that will be a factor in his job search but after doing a little research I am confident that finding a quality Children's hospital in the bay will not be an issue and could possible give the Raiders a small advantage.

Palo Alto, CA

San Francisco, CA

People would do whatever it takes to take care of their kids.
David Beckman stop playing soccer for Manchester U and moved to LA because it had the best hospital for his son.
He went from being captain of the one of the best teams in the world to playing for LA just for his kid.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palo Alto, CA

San Francisco, CA

David Beckman stop playing soccer for Manchester U and moved to LA because it had the best hospital for his son.
He went from being captain of the one of the best teams in the world to playing for LA just for his kid.

The $250 million dollars he collected I'm sure didn't factor in at all. Laughing
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
We need a young COACH. I think from college or something. I'm tired of bringing coordinators in to coach, when all they know is one side of the ball, and don't know how to lead.

If we get an actual coach and let him grow with the team I think we'll be in ok shape for the future.

There's good and bad in that choice. He'll know college ball but likely not Pro Football. Like the draft, you have to roll the dice.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palo Alto, CA

San Francisco, CA

Confused Beckham was sold by Man Utd to Real Madrid. He was never captain either. I know his son has epilepsy but I have never heard that's why he left Madrid.
#clueless
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

interesting....

With O'Brien's resume why on earth would the Raiders disrespect him by offering the OC job when there is a line out the door to hire him as a HC?
I know I'd just like to see him move up the nfl ladder IMO it's easier to gain the respect of the team as oc then take over hc. I'd also prefer an experienced nfl hc

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palo Alto, CA

San Francisco, CA

Confused Beckham was sold by Man Utd to Real Madrid. He was never captain either. I know his son has epilepsy but I have never heard that's why he left Madrid.

Did bitty just literally make something completely up? He didn't move from United to L.A and he was never captain. He was finished as a top level footballer and moved to L.A to expand his empire. His son was 5 when he moved to L.A, so if thats why he moved why wait?

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palo Alto, CA

San Francisco, CA

Did bitty just literally make something completely up? He didn't move from United to L.A and he was never captain. He was finished as a top level footballer and moved to L.A to expand his empire. His son was 5 when he moved to L.A, so if thats why he moved why wait?

Looks like it Shocked
#clueless
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

interesting....

I know I'd just like to see him move up the nfl ladder IMO it's easier to gain the respect of the team as oc then take over hc. I'd also prefer an experienced nfl hc

I agree with this, although I doubt O'Brien takes a coordinator job. I want a young, fresh coach, but at the same time I want one with some coaching experience at the NFL level- OC, DC, whatever. Just some experience with the game, the players, the schemes, and the overall environment.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

interesting....

I agree with this, although I doubt O'Brien takes a coordinator job. I want a young, fresh coach, but at the same time I want one with some coaching experience at the NFL level- OC, DC, whatever. Just some experience with the game, the players, the schemes, and the overall environment.

Wasn't O'Brien already OC? He wants to move up not backwards. He was OC for the Pats for a year then took over a storied program considered hopeless and with far lesser talent (due to sanctions) and made the team overachieve and beat several teams with better talent. A combined 15-9 when they were expected to be in the 3-4 win range in year 1. He is exactly what this team needs. He will go somewhere more palatable but O'Brien would be a perfect fit.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrell Bevell and Jay Gruden will both be serious candidates for the Raiders job, if its open. Especially if the Raiders wanna draft a QB in round one or two. Both coaches have done a great job developing young QBs in Russell Wilson and Andy Dalton. Both of these guys will be head coaches within the next 2 years.

If Raiders were to go the veteran route, obliviously Jon Gruden would be the most popular choice. Lovie Smith would be great too.

Other than that I'm sure names like Winston Moss will pop up again.
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palo Alto, CA

San Francisco, CA

A couple of months ago, Victoria Beckham revealed that her son Romeo has epilepsy in an attempt to get the paparazzi to stop popping their flashbulbs at the boy. Now Beckham, best known as "Posh Spice" of the Spice Girls, and her husband, David, best known for being very, very good at kicking a soccer ball, have moved to Los Angeles, where dad will play for the Los Angeles Galaxy and Romeo can get the best medical care for his seizure disorder. A source quoted in a LondonNet report said, "The main reason for the move is Romeo. They are desperate to find a way to control his epilepsy and have been doing their research. The best place to get the medical attention he needs is Los Angeles --
http://specialchildren.about.com/b/2007/01/22/special-needs-entertainment-news-22.htm
Beckham's actual deal with the Galaxy was a 5-year contract worth US$32.5 million in total or $6.5 million per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Beckham

Ok I was off he was captain of the England team.

In international football, Beckham made his England debut on 1 September 1996, at the age of 21. He was captain for six years[10][11] during which he played 58 times. He has 115 career appearances to date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Beckham
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stop talking about an overrated retired soccer player now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: