Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gruden to Oakland rumors from La Canfora CBS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nocalraiderfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Gruden to Oakland rumors from La Canfora CBS Reply with quote

Didn't know if I should put the actual link, or the website I found it on, but here's both.

https://raider-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=326&sid=75f16e86d2ebcb938f6126fbdf8ab78c

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24384241/jon-gruden-remains-intrigued-by-the-oakland-raiders
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN is paying him a lot right now. University of Texas is looking at him as well. Gonna take a lot to lure hike away.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For conversation sake, how would people feel if we did infact get Gruden?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
For conversation sake, how would people feel if we did infact get Gruden?

It'd be a shot of life into the arm of the franchise. Excite the fan base.

It would depend on his staff.

Most will use the "he inherited Tony Dungy's team and ran it into the ground. can't develop a QB, etc." argument.

However, Tampa post Superbowl was strapped for draft picks because of the Gruden trade. Was coming up against salary cap woes (the reason Parcell's didn't take the job), littered w/ injuries and aging players. Also Gruden and McKay's relationship wouldn't allow him to field the roster he wanted.

I like Gruden, but I'd need to have some faith in him and McKenzie working together for the same goal. That would be paramount to his success. Davis can't just hire him because he likes him w/out regard for the relationship he and the GM will transpire.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything to get him off TV. I'm sick of hearing about how great every single player in the NFL is.

PM sig requests.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10180139/oakland-raiders-owner-mark-davis-commit-extensions-assistant-coaches

This from Schefter over on ESPN. Says that DA went to Mark to try and get extensions for some of the assistant coaches and that Mark told him he wasn't ready to commit to those coaches. Might be he just wants to see how the season plays out but could be very telling where DA's future is concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucky has a great offensive mind he'd love Reece

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Ill admit that I became a Raider fan shortly after we started to suck, so I never really paid attention to Chucky. What can people tell me about him?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gannon also said that Gruden told him he would like go to the Raiders.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Ill admit that I became a Raider fan shortly after we started to suck, so I never really paid attention to Chucky. What can people tell me about him?
maybe our best oc the last 3 decades turned mostly nobodies into back to back playoff teams

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

He excels at both Xs and Os and the game plan. There were games that nothing worked for the Raiders in first half and at halftime the Raiders would make adjustments and they would win the game.
He would run a new play and a few weeks later you will see other NFL team running the same play.
He's just a great coach
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

He excels at both Xs and Os and the game plan. There were games that nothing worked for the Raiders in first half and at halftime the Raiders would make adjustments and they would win the game.
He would run a new play and a few weeks later you will see other NFL team running the same play.
He's just a great coach

+1

He took a bunch of cast-offs and guys who were past their prime and rejuvenated their careers. Offensively, he is a very good coach. I am not 100% sure about his personnel move savvy though. A lot of people point out his terrible drafting, but here in Oak I highly doubt he had much say because, IIRC, that is one of the reasons he and Al didn't see eye to eye.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
bitty wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

He's just a great coach

+1

He took a bunch of cast-offs and guys who were past their prime and rejuvenated their careers. Offensively, he is a very good coach. I am not 100% sure about his personnel move savvy though. A lot of people point out his terrible drafting, but here in Oak I highly doubt he had much say because, IIRC, that is one of the reasons he and Al didn't see eye to eye.

To add to this, he didn't have much say w/ Rich McKay in Tampa either as it related to personnel.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
bitty wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

He's just a great coach

+1

To add to this, he didn't have much say w/ Rich McKay in Tampa either as it related to personnel.

I wasn't sure about that, but it doesn't surprise me. I am not ready to toss Allen out the door, but I would be all for Gruden. Much like the Woodson signing, bringing Gruden back would energize the fans- to a higher degree though.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hesitant on bringing Gruden back. He's been out of the league for 5 years I think and I think that the game has changed. Hopefully he wouldn't be like Art Shell but personally I'd like to see another up and comer come in and grow with the team. I'd like to have a coach here for 10+ years.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: