Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: Seattle Seahawks vs Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good defensive game, with all due respect to the 9ers, I think the cards are the 2nd best team in this division.

Next week will be interesting, I doubt were 5th seed and #1 should still be the expectation
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the 49ers win, you guys have something to play for? Good. Good. Hopefully we can beat your starting line-up.(maybe batter Wilson again Wink)

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
LANiner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Good defensive game, with all due respect to the 9ers I think the cards are the 2nd best team in this division.

Next week will be interesting, I doubt were 5th seed and #1 should still be the expectation

None taken I do believe the cards have the second best defense in the nfc west with the niners having the best defense Very Happy

IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Good defensive game, with all due respect to the 9ers, I think the cards are the 2nd best team in this division.

I still think the niners are a better team than us but not by too much. Carson just needs to be more consistent. As for next year though, look out for the Cardinals considering we'll get an OT in the first and our first round pick Cooper back.
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't put that game on the defense they played light's out and the offense didn't get it done.

However it's becoming a bit of a pattern where you need them to make one stop late they struggle in those situations. It happened yesterday and against the 49ers and nearly against the rams earlier in the year.

Last year off the top of my head it was the same against the lions, the bears (before they won in OT) and against the falcons in the playoffs. It's not a great sign.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
You can't put that game on the defense they played light's out and the offense didn't get it done.

However it's becoming a bit of a pattern where you need them to make one stop late they struggle in those situations. It happened yesterday and against the 49ers and nearly against the rams earlier in the year.

Last year off the top of my head it was the same against the lions, the bears (before they won in OT) and against the falcons in the playoffs. It's not a great sign.

Still can't say it about the defense. Maxwell was in good position, and got his hand on the ball...twice. Floyd just made a great play.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So disappointed in this offense today, worst effort since the cleveland browns game in 2011 when T. Jack and Lynch were out. Absolutely embarrassing. 4 Ints with at least 2 being in the endzone? We should have gotten blown out with the way we played offense.

We can cool off on the superbowl expectations and HFA bravado at this point, IMO, we have a legit issue with moving the football. Some people never thought it was a forgone conclusion that we could go on a playoff run, some did, but either way EVERYONE should understand that this race is a lot closer than you can even imagine. There are better defenses waiting for us in the playoffs and they just got a good blueprint on how to give us a lot of trouble. I cannot believe how stubborn Bevell was on offense with his playcalling, how inconsistent Wilson was in both his accuracy and decision making, and how often our receivers had trouble tracking the ball/bringing in the catch. We beat ourselves yesterday and didn't take the cardinals seriously. They wanted it more.

This is not the end of the world, not by a long shot, but this needs to be the LAST time we look that fudging awful on offense in our execution if we want play longer than the first week of January. This team needs to stop running it's mouth. I don't wanna hear about who the DPOY is, or how we approach each week 0-0 (complete bullcrap, this is how you play in a perceived win or go home situation?), or how the calls didn't go our favor. Stop telling us about all the problems you're going to fix....and just fix them. Stop hinting at a Harvin return and just activate him when he's ready. Stop talking about the penalty issue and while continuously putting up 10/100+ flag outings. For all the talk about staying focused and not buying into the hype, I feel that's all his team has done all year long. We've tried to look passed opponents all season long and have almost been severely hurt by multiple times. Just because we have a great homefield advantage doesn't mean we don't still have to show up and play football. Get it together.

We deserve all the inevitable flak from NFL Gen, division rivals, espn, mass media, etc. this week.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
So disappointed in this offense today, worst effort since the cleveland browns game in 2011 when T. Jack and Lynch were out. Absolutely embarrassing. 4 Ints with at least 2 being in the endzone? We should have gotten blown out with the way we played offense.

We can cool off on the superbowl expectations and HFA bravado at this point, IMO, we have a legit issue with moving the football. Some people never thought it was a forgone conclusion that we could go on a playoff run, some did, but either way EVERYONE should understand that this race is a lot closer than you can even imagine. There are better defenses waiting for us in the playoffs and they just got a good blueprint on how to give us a lot of trouble. I cannot believe how stubborn Bevell was on offense with his playcalling, how inconsistent Wilson was in both his accuracy and decision making, and how often our receivers had trouble tracking the ball/bringing in the catch. We beat ourselves yesterday and didn't take the cardinals seriously. They wanted it more.

This is not the end of the world, not by a long shot, but this needs to be the LAST time we look that fudging awful on offense in our execution if we want play longer than the first week of January. This team needs to stop running it's mouth. I don't wanna hear about who the DPOY is, or how we approach each week 0-0 (complete bullcrap, this is how you play in a perceived win or go home situation?), or how the calls didn't go our favor. Stop telling us about all the problems you're going to fix....and just fix them. Stop hinting at a Harvin return and just activate him when he's ready. Stop talking about the penalty issue and while continuously putting up 10/100+ flag outings. For all the talk about staying focused and not buying into the hype, I feel that's all his team has done all year long. We've tried to look passed opponents all season long and have almost been severely hurt by multiple times. Just because we have a great homefield advantage doesn't mean we don't still have to show up and play football. Get it together.

We deserve all the inevitable flak from NFL Gen, division rivals, espn, mass media, etc. this week.
+1. Well said.

It's all on the team. No excuses.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was strange how we were so bland on offense yesterday. Surprised we didn't see more trick plays,or a bubble screen to Tate to try and get a big play. It was pretty much run or play action all game.

I think Carpenter might me worse then McQuistan, and I didn't think it was humanly possible for this sentence to be written with no humour intended. Sweezy is ten times the player Carp is, and even though most fans hate him, we missed him a lot yesterday.

I read a book a week, so...
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

And I'm just sick how the coaching staff thinks the Oline can handle D lines like the cards for the whole game. The plays that keep those d's honest seem to never be run screens, wheel routes, hots, and check downs to get 5+ yard chunks to keep chains moving. Instead the coaches keep calling the vanilla plays for the Oline to do every thing to pick up the blitz and make running lanes without helping them out to by keeping d's honest and on their heels watching for the quick out route.
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
RandomCampBody wrote:

Still can't say it about the defense. Maxwell was in good position, and got his hand on the ball...twice. Floyd just made a great play.

I've been concerned about Seattle's two-minute defense, but I agree with Meeker on this. Maxwell's defense was solid, but I also think the defense did above and beyond what a defense is required to do to secure a win. They were put in tough situations all day, and taxed to the limit, but they still did more than enough.

Besides the general struggles on offense, there mishaps and penalities (not so little) that occasionally plague this team. The Seahawks have had these problems on special teams, with blocked punts and kicks. (I want to say they've had the most of any team in the league). No blocked punts/kicks today, but I count Hauschka's miss of a chippy as one of these mishaps. (Once that happened, I thought it a bad omen, an indication that it wasn't going to be there day.) Then there were the fumbles on the kick returns.

imani said,

Quote:

It was one of Wilson's worst games I've seen--and I say that because, while he may have had worse games statistically, I feel like most of the poor play falls back on him. (I need to watch the all22 footage, though.) I

At the same time, the receivers dropped some balls (but, again, I can't tell if it was because of bad throws)--particularly on the deep throws--receptions that these receivers have been making consistently all year.

I disagree with the notion that the Seahawks didn't take the Cardinals seriously, though. For one thing, Wilson doesn't seem to that type of QB and I didn't notice anything to make me think that was his mindset. He kinda had accuracy problems last week as well against the Giants. I'm wondering if the cold is affecting him? Or something else. (Or maybe he wasn't as focused as he should be.)

With regard to the receivers, strangely, their performance yesterday highlights how good the receivers have been all year--better than I think most people appreciate (at least people who don't watch all their games). Let me give two examples. That sideline pass to Doug Baldwin (where Wilson could have ran for the first down, but passed instead). This is one of those incredible plays by Wilson and the other receivers consistently made all year. But it's not like this an easy play to make--by both players. Then there was the deep, over-the-shoulder throw to Jermaine Kearse. The pass was perfect and Kearse got his hands on it, but the defender was there and Kearse failed to catch the ball. (There was also a deep throw to a leaping Baldwin, with the defender making a good play.) That fact that we expect Seattle to make these plays speaks to how good Wilson and the receivers have been all year (and last year), because these are not easy plays to make. And I feel like not making these plays doesn't necessarily mean they were taking the Cardinals lightly.

I know people had a problem with the play calling. I didn't have too big of a problem with it, except I sort of felt they could have used shorter throws/routes. (I feel like they run play aggressive down field plays.) They had one good drive when they mixed in a few short passes ( including a receiver screen). I think these short throws could counter the pass rush and also get the Wilson and the receivers into a nice rhythm.
(On a positive note, I thought the defense did a good job of picking up the blitz, at least on several occasions.)

What do people think about the lack of running the ball?

edit:

On a side note, I never thought the Cardinals would win passing the ball as much as they did, mainly because I thought that was playing the Seahawks strength and Palmer would probably turn the ball over. The Cardinal defense played well, but the offense really lost this game. (Seattle special teams also gave the offense good field positions on at least two occasions, too.)

The thing that I kept wondering is if Arrians would run the ball. They had a few runs that were good, and I kept feeling like they should try to stick with, especially when Palmer started throwing picks. Now, later in the game, they started to run the ball, but it seemed like they had on 1 or 2 running plays, and Seattle effectively stopped the run. I've heard people say that Arrians deserves coach of the year, but with Ellington and Mendenhall--and Palmer's ball security issue--he should have prioritized the running game more (by running the ball more, designing more run plays, and passing off the run). If that reduced Palmer's INTs, that would be worth the move by itself.
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
It was strange how we were so bland on offense yesterday. Surprised we didn't see more trick plays,or a bubble screen to Tate to try and get a big play. It was pretty much run or play action all game.

I think Carpenter might me worse then McQuistan, and I didn't think it was humanly possible for this sentence to be written with no humour intended. Sweezy is ten times the player Carp is, and even though most fans hate him, we missed him a lot yesterday.

I was hoping RW would do lots of pump fakes to get the Dline jumping for blocks to delay the rush. Then once the Dline stops falling for it then get some recievers there.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another example of the ineptitude of Bevell. Wilson had a poor game but Bevel called nothing to assist him in getting it going. Maybe some of it falls on Wilson for not audibling too. But we get in these funks where we can't move the ball and rather than dink and dunking we keep trying to take big shots

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Another example of the ineptitude of Bevell. Wilson had a poor game but Bevel called nothing to assist him in getting it going. Maybe some of it falls on Wilson for not audibling too. But we get in these funks where we can't move the ball and rather than dink and dunking we keep trying to take big shots

Does anyone know if any reporter asked questions regarding what Bevell and Wilson saw in the defense that made them call the (down field vs. dink-and-dunk) pass plays? I didn't look at the all-22 footage, and I probably wouldn't know the best plays call based on the defense--so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

To be fair, you don't think Wilson and the receivers failed to complete passes that they have consistently done in the past?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I saw us throw a slant or hitch all day. With their LB's focused on our TE's and blitzing theirs no reason Baldwin/Tate shouldn't have had a catch or two over the middle

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: