Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

why cut barlow?!?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNorona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

You guys can't seriously blame Barlow for the year he had last season...no one could have ran behind that line!!! You guys are blowing this way out of proportion!! Give KB some time...hes got talent
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should give him one more year. If he fails, we should take Reggie Bush if he comes out.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

MNorona wrote:
You guys can't seriously blame Barlow for the year he had last season...no one could have ran behind that line!!! You guys are blowing this way out of proportion!! Give KB some time...hes got talent

Kinda like the QB situation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Brightside wrote:
I think we should give him one more year. If he fails, we should take Reggie Bush if he comes out.

I would love if the niners took Bush next year. But I also agree they need to give Barlow another year
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
MNorona wrote:

Kinda like the QB situation.

Yea But Barlow has shown promise before. Rat has not shown nothing in my eyes
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

Barlow has shown no more or less than Rattay, other than they both need an offensive line and surrounding talent to be productive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think Rattay and Barlow should be cut. Barlow didn't seem to show much heart when the team needed it. He didn't lead and round up the troops. In most games, I felt like he gave up. Granted the line was terrible last year, but even Hicks produced better than Barlow in a few games AND ran harder.

Unfortunately, we gave a ton of money to Barlow so out of the two, Rattay will be the odd man out cuz we didn't devote as much money to him...
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olinono wrote:
In my opinion, I think Rattay and Barlow should be cut. Barlow didn't seem to show much heart when the team needed it. He didn't lead and round up the troops. In most games, I felt like he gave up. Granted the line was terrible last year, but even Hicks produced better than Barlow in a few games AND ran harder.

Unfortunately, we gave a ton of money to Barlow so out of the two, Rattay will be the odd man out cuz we didn't devote as much money to him...

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!

Barlow did nothing but complain this whole season about his o-line teamates and everything else he could shoot out his mouth, Hicks produced when given the chance, Barlow played good in the last game when it didnt matter, so I guess he goes by the Moss theory "play when I want to". tossing his contract will hurt but agreed it will hurt less after next season. Rattay is through, the guy has no shot at being a winner in this league.

One player that is starting to grow on me is Ciatrick Fason any chance us landing him with the #2.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hicks had one good game gents, and then he completely sucked. The offensive line is the culprit here, and we took the right step in addressing it. I'd love to see Rattay and Barlow back next year and see what happens. Might be right under our noses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:

Barlow has shown no more or less than Rattay, other than they both need an offensive line and surrounding talent to be productive.

I'm sorry but you are a complete idiot. Barlows first 3 starts ran for over 100 yds. For you to say Barlow hasn't showed more than Rat is complete insanity. Why do you think the niners signed him to such a big contract u fool Exclamation
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

I'm sorry but you are a complete idiot. Barlows first 3 starts ran for over 100 yds. For you to say Barlow hasn't showed more than Rat is complete insanity. Why do you think the niners signed him to such a big contract u fool Exclamation

Good to see you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling. Kudos! I must have missed when Barlow ran for over 100 yards in those 1st 3 starts, especially considering he ran for 76 yards in week 1 (vs. ATL), 114 in week 2(vs. NO), and 22 in week 3 (vs. SEA). If you're referring to last season, then he's in the same boat as Rattay my friend. They both played well in their spot duty in 2003, when surrounded by the much better offensive team, and the West Coast Offense. Exquisite knowledge sir!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:

Good to see you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling. Kudos! I must have missed when Barlow ran for over 100 yards in those 1st 3 starts, especially considering he ran for 76 yards in week 1 (vs. ATL), 114 in week 2(vs. NO), and 22 in week 3 (vs. SEA). If you're referring to last season, then he's in the same boat as Rattay my friend. They both played well in their spot duty in 2003, when surrounded by the much better offensive team, and the West Coast Offense. Exquisite knowledge sir!

Like I said U are a complete fool. I said his first 3 starts. Not his first 3 starts last year. When Hearst went out he ran for 100+,150+,150+. I don't know why I bother with you?
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

Like I said U are a complete fool. I said his first 3 starts. Not his first 3 starts last year. When Hearst went out he ran for 100+,150+,150+. I don't know why I bother with you?

Actually it was last year, as in 2003. Look here:

http://www.profootballreference.com/games/BarlKe00.htm#2003

But then again, look here:

http://www.profootballreference.com/games/RattTi00.htm#2003

As I said, they both played well in "spot duty" in 2003, when the offense was more talented, and the offensive line was much better. Why did they sign Barlow to such a big contract? That was the GM who has since been fired. He gave even more money to Hearst, Garcia, Stone, Owens, et al, and that worked out real well. I'd like to them both return with what sure seems to be a much improved offensive line (including coaching).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:

Actually it was last year, as in 2003. Look here:

http://www.profootballreference.com/games/BarlKe00.htm#2003

But then again, look here:

http://www.profootballreference.com/games/RattTi00.htm#2003

As I said, they both played well in "spot duty" in 2003, when the offense was more talented, and the offensive line was much better. Why did they sign Barlow to such a big contract? That was the GM who has since been fired. He gave even more money to Hearst, Garcia, Stone, Owens, et al, and that worked out real well. I'd like to them both return with what sure seems to be a much improved offensive line (including coaching).

I like Rat as a back-up. But nothing more than that. Barlow had a rough year but you can't blame the O-line for his dancing and not hitting the holes and you certainly can't blame the line for Rat 3 step drop than he stays in the pocket. Get the hell out of the pocket he always seems to get the ball stripped out of his hands cuz he is in the pocket for too long. If noboys open scramble outside so you can see whats going on around and not get the ball just swatted out of his hands. I agree we didn't have the greatest line.

I have been a seaon ticket holder for the niners for 10yrs since I was 15. The season ticket holders all hate Rat and boo his a$$. Most of them that I talk too which is a the loyal and the fans that are die hard fans want a new QB. When you have the first pick in the draft some times you have to take a gamble with a QB.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: why cut barlow?!?! Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

I like Rat as a back-up.

I like him as a starter...now that we got that out of the way...Wink

Quote:
Barlow had a rough year but you can't blame the O-line for his dancing and not hitting the holes and you certainly can't blame the line for Rat 3 step drop than he stays in the pocket.

Yes, but I think one of the reasons Barlow was dancing and not hitting holes was because he had no holes to hit, and was trying to do anything to make yardage. With Rattay, the offense we ran last year was not the WCO, which is a lot of 3 and 5 step drops. Dennis Erickson's offense was about stretching the field, and running plays deep. The line couldn't block long enough for the plays to develop. I think the line would have looked better in pass protection last season were we running the WCO, because then they wouldn't have had to protect for so long. I think the new (old) system coming back this year, along with Jennings, and new coaching will be a major improvement.

Quote:
Get the hell out of the pocket he always seems to get the ball stripped out of his hands cuz he is in the pocket for too long. If noboys open scramble outside so you can see whats going on around and not get the ball just swatted out of his hands.

He's not that type of QB...he is the type of QB who can play in the timing and rhythm of the West Coast Offense. I know this is beating a dead horse, but he knows that offense inside and out, because that's all he did for 4 years (including 3 starts and some playing time here and there) was study it to death. And furthermore, he would undoubtedly be much more comfortable running the offense this season because it's the offense he knows.

Quote:
I have been a seaon ticket holder for the niners for 10yrs since I was 15.

I am quite envious...I haven't lived in San Francisco in quite some time. It's rough up here in Seattle...too much Seahawks.

Quote:
The season ticket holders all hate Rat and boo his a$$. Most of them that I talk too which is a the loyal and the fans that are die hard fans want a new QB.

I have nothing to prove how much I love the 9ers other than my word, but I'm every bit the die-hard that anyone else is, and maybe then some, and I don't want a new QB. Sounds like I'm in the minority on that, but nonetheless.

Quote:
When you have the first pick in the draft some times you have to take a gamble with a QB.

But look what happens when you "gamble" with the QB position, especially at #1. If Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith were can't-miss prospects like Peyton Manning or Michael Vick, I'd be first in line wanting to take that QB at #1. But both Rodgers and Smith are absolutely not can't-miss prospects; they have very high boom or bust potential. If Rattay can't get the job done in 2005, with what appears to be improved coaching, personnel, and system, then I'm all for a change at QB. We can get similar or possibly better prospects in FA or the draft next season (see Matt Leinart, Chris Leak, Omar Jacobs, Drew Tate, etc.). And that player would have the luxury of coming into a better situation, with developing skill players, hopefully a good offensive line, et al. But to draft a QB #1 this year simply because you have the #1 pick is just forcing it down your own throat.

BTW, no hard feelings, at least from my side. I understand that people want a new QB...I just don't think it's the wisest move, and I stand by my position. I'm glad we're all passionate about wanting to the 49ers play championship football again, even if we have 28 different ways we think it should be done. (Insert pretend internet handshake here).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: