Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Perception vs. Reality
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olinono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not the only person, but thanks for noticing. The fans in SF need to pull their heads out of their a$$e$ and start understanding the game a little bit, because if appeasing the fan base with free agency and the draft is what we're trying to do, we can just be the Redskins and never accomplish a damn thing. If we're trying to build a team that can contend for a a number of years through fiscal responsiblity and sound management, then we are off to a good start by improving our offensive line for years to come. We'll see how it goes from here.

Aren't we a little high on ourself? So are you the only SF fan that doesn't have their head in their [inappropriate/removed]? Indirectly, you are calling others that have opinions like yourself, stupid. I probably understand the game just as much as you. So why aren't my opinions valid?

All i am saying is that I don't trust Rattay. The reason why we had to play from behind is partly due to Rattay's bad play. He went away from the best receiver on the team, Eric Johnson, when teams started to notice him more. He didn't make the right decisions and did key on Johnson too much and held the ball and didn't look at his other options quick enough. Especially with a terrible line, he didn't make those deicisions quick enough. I just don't think he is that good of a QB to take us to a super bowl.

And you hear from inside sources that we will pick Ronnie Brown? What a terrible mistake... Why would they pick up a RB when they just paid Barlow tons of money? Since they devoted that money to him, I'm sure they are a little more lenient with him. Rattay, not making much money, is easily replacable.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olinono wrote:

Aren't we a little high on ourself? So are you the only SF fan that doesn't have their head in their ***? Indirectly, you are calling others that have opinions like yourself, stupid. I probably understand the game just as much as you. So why aren't my opinions valid?

I didn't say anyone specific. I was pointing to those who think that the problems stem for the QB position. I'm sure you know the game quite well...that's fine. If you re-read the sentence in question, you should be able to interpret what I said as, "If we're going to operate our free agency and draft selections around the idea of appeasing the fan base, we will never get anything accomplished." I wasn't talking about any particular person on this board...I'm talking about people in general who have the notion that a new QB is all we need and we're up and at 'em again. People who can't get excited about drafting or signing an O-lineman because it's not a glam player, even if it's a huge need position. There's plenty out there. I apologize for any miscommunication. I'm not high on myself at all...I'm quite self-loathing. But I feel strongly about this, and perhaps it was a misinterpretation or mispoken sentiment on my part.

Quote:
All i am saying is that I don't trust Rattay. The reason why we had to play from behind is partly due to Rattay's bad play. He went away from the best receiver on the team, Eric Johnson, when teams started to notice him more. He didn't make the right decisions and did key on Johnson too much and held the ball and didn't look at his other options quick enough. Especially with a terrible line, he didn't make those deicisions quick enough.

But the reason we were even close in some games was also because of Rattay's play. He went away from Johnson because teams started double covering him with a LB and deep S help down the middle (because EJ was our only consistent threat, as we had young, unproven receivers). Dennis Erickson's offense is not a quick pass, rhythm offense like the WCO; it's vertical, and the offensive line wasn't capable of protecting long enough, in addition to the personnel not being able to execute properly.

Quote:
I just don't think he is that good of a QB to take us to a super bowl.

I disagree.

Quote:
And you hear from inside sources that we will pick Ronnie Brown? What a terrible mistake... Why would they pick up a RB when they just paid Barlow tons of money? Since they devoted that money to him, I'm sure they are a little more lenient with him. Rattay, not making much money, is easily replacable.

Barlow can be cut before the $6 mil roster bonus he's due, and that'd be the end of that. Picking Brown would be no more a terrible mistake than Rodgers or Smith...Brown is a MUCH safer pick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CrackLaden"]
olinono wrote:
Barlow can be cut before the $6 mil roster bonus he's due, and that'd be the end of that. Picking Brown would be no more a terrible mistake than Rodgers or Smith...Brown is a MUCH safer pick.

Thank God your not the GM cuz that would come as Cap penatly to the next year if we were to cut Barlow. Dead money is what killed us in the first place. And right now Niners don't need a safe pick they need a home run type of a pick.

Rat doesn't have accuracy on his long ball or short. The niners recievers will bash him if still wasn't on the team. Every game the announcers will come back and show a replay of guy wide open and Rat some reason didn't see him. Crack a guess your easily impressed
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

Every game the announcers will come back and show a replay of guy wide open and Rat some reason didn't see him. Crack a guess your easily impressed

Not sure how you would even hear the announcers or see any TV replays since you've had season tickets for 10 years.

We don't need a home run pick. We need a player who can come in immediately and be productive.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Not sure how you would even hear the announcers or see any TV replays since you've had season tickets for 10 years. [quote]

Away games I watch on t.v your a complete dumb a$$
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for that joke...damn you internet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: