Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Quarterbacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
We requested Garoppolo's precense at the senion bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316679/article/jaguars-endorsed-jimmy-garoppolo-for-final-roster-spot

Posted about it in the mock draft thread already. Can't help but thinking they've been anything other than pleased by what they've seen of him so far. I think there's a very good chance he will be wearing a Jags uniform next season along with Jaylen Watkins.

Y we no request Mathews??? Sad
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
We requested Garoppolo's precense at the senion bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316679/article/jaguars-endorsed-jimmy-garoppolo-for-final-roster-spot

Posted about it in the mock draft thread already. Can't help but thinking they've been anything other than pleased by what they've seen of him so far. I think there's a very good chance he will be wearing a Jags uniform next season along with Jaylen Watkins.

He is on the very short list of QBs i like, im pretty much putting all my eggs and even some of the next dozen in the Teddy basket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal QB rankings for this draft

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Blake Bortles
3. Derek Carr
4. Brett Smith
5. Jimmy Garrapolo
6. Johnny Manziel
7. David Fales
8. Zach Mettenburger
9. AJ McCarron
10. Jeff Matthews

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 21m
Shad Khan: "Everybody knows we're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two." #jaguars

We draftin lots of QBs. woooo. Twisted Evil
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Quote:
Shad Khan: "Everybody knows we're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two." #jaguars

Teddy in the first, Winston in the 7th. Laughing

In al seriousness, I think Teddy + Fales or McCarron is a real possibility.

Also, y u have twitter but not part of FF's jaguars fam on der?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope we bring at least 1(duh), but getting 2 wouldnt be so bad, but im not so sure keeping 3 QBs on the roster would be good. I'd assume we'd have a vet on the roster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 60% chance right now we take Teddy I think. I don't see Houston taking him over Clowney, the owner sounds in love with him, and I think there's a better chance the Rams trade to a team that drafts up for Manziel than Teddy, if they trade back. I just hope the line plays better consistently next year and Teddy measures in at around 6'2'' 220lbs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Quote:

I wasnt invited

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Quote:

I could see it happening. Or at least, Teddy+ someone from the mid or later rounds. This is a QB class with some substantial depth after all, could be like the Cyprien+Evans thing where they grab 'their guy' early, and can't pass up value on a 'backup QB' they really like who slips a bit. Especially if they have any concerns about Teddy's durability coming out.

Also lol, i don't think i've actually tweeted anything in approximately 2 years. Not active at all with it. Just use it as a news feed basically. Laughing

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
hope we bring at least 1(duh), but getting 2 wouldnt be so bad, but im not so sure keeping 3 QBs on the roster would be good. I'd assume we'd have a vet on the roster

I think it could really vary depending which QBs we're talking about. If it's someone like Teddy who we'd expect to start for example, that may impact the number of QBs we carry on the roster, as opposed to drafting a more 'developmental' guy who they don't want to have to throw into the fire too soon.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD4MVP5455 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Quote:

I wasnt invited
I've asked multiple times in tatwot

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
jfinley88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it all with Garrapolo or Carr personally.

1. Bridgewater
2. Bortles
3. Mettenberger
4. Manziel

then we're getting into QB2 talks.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
I don't see it all with Garrapolo or Carr personally.

1. Bridgewater
2. Bortles
3. Mettenberger
4. Manziel

then we're getting into QB2 talks.

I'm in the same boat as jfin for the most part with that. Not much of a fan of Carr, and i'm not really on board this Jimmy G hype train either. Has that remarkable 'quick release', but outside of that he's just not very impressive to me as a prospect.

Can't say i'm a huge fan of Mettenberger either though.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Probably 60% chance right now we take Teddy I think. I don't see Houston taking him over Clowney, the owner sounds in love with him, and I think there's a better chance the Rams trade to a team that drafts up for Manziel than Teddy, if they trade back. I just hope the line plays better consistently next year and Teddy measures in at around 6'2'' 220lbs.

i hope he comes in at 6'1 and 205,gives us a better chance he falls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please go over with me why Bortle's is overrated? I just got done watching Uconn and Baylor. I see accuracy, poise, elusiveness and great throws on the run.

His stats are inflated because of their screen game which they throw alot of. But he also makes some deep throws, you don't see alot of intermediate stuff from their offense but when they do I've seen him throw his guys open.

I know the statistics aren't great in some areas and I'm basically useless when it comes too evaluating footwork. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say this guy looks like a top 10 pick too me and second too only Teddy in this draft.

Now sometimes when I like a guy I have blinders on. So basically the purpose of this post is that I want you guys to help me by pointing out the things you don't like about him. So I can go back, watch the tape and re-evaluate, with the intention of having a better informed opinion after doing so. Also cat gifs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Can someone please go over with me why Bortle's is overrated? I just got done watching Uconn and Baylor. I see accuracy, poise, elusiveness and great throws on the run.

His stats are inflated because of their screen game which they throw alot of. But he also makes some deep throws, you don't see alot of intermediate stuff from their offense but when they do I've seen him throw his guys open.

I know the statistics aren't great in some areas and I'm basically useless when it comes too evaluating footwork. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say this guy looks like a top 10 pick too me and second too only Teddy in this draft.

Now sometimes when I like a guy I have blinders on. So basically the purpose of this post is that I want you guys to help me by pointing out the things you don't like about him. So I can go back, watch the tape and re-evaluate, with the intention of having a better informed opinion after doing so. Also cat gifs.

I think one of the big issues with him is inconsistency. Hell, it was not really until late in the year that anyone really 'noticed' him and called him a potential high round pick. It makes you wonder exactly what that is. He also has some mechanical issues and deep ball accuracy concerns right now. I am sure there are other more technical deficiencies but in the grand scheme of things, I think he is Jake Locker-ish which means I sense very high potential, but also a pretty low floor. Not really sure that warrants top 10 status.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: