You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Quarterbacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IAJags

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
It is early in the draft process, but to think that bortles does not possess traits that could make him a top 15 pick is just silly. Look at all the teams in the top 15 who need qbs. Combine that with bortles' undeniable poise, toughness, size and ability to throw on the run.

Those alone make him worthy of top 15. He also is experienced in a pro style offense, and IMO has good accuracy/ball placement.

I like teddy more, but I don't think it is that unreasonable to see others preferring bortles.

I hope he goes in the top 5. To the Browns or some other team I don't like.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Did you just describe Johnny Football?

I didn't realize that Johnny Football performed better from the pocket this year than Andrew Luck did in his senior year from the POCKET Johnny Football threw for 73% with a 10.0 yards per play avg. and Andrew Luck threw for 71% and 8.7 yards per play. FACTS*
IAJags

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really glad our guys will get to see Carr up front and in person at the Senior Bowl. People seem to be bashing him to hell for his "pocket presence". But I am not completely sold that he has the "scared deer" issues that guys like Blaine and Tim Couch have. I think Carr might just need to experience better defenses and work on his mechanics when being pressured. I could be wrong but I think the Gabbert comparison's after the USC game are ridiculous. I didn't see Carr dropping to the ground or running out of a pocket 10 seconds too early.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
I am really glad our guys will get to see Carr up front and in person at the Senior Bowl. People seem to be bashing him to hell for his "pocket presence". But I am not completely sold that he has the "scared deer" issues that guys like Blaine and Tim Couch have. I think Carr might just need to experience better defenses and work on his mechanics when being pressured. I could be wrong but I think the Gabbert comparison's after the USC game are ridiculous. I didn't see Carr dropping to the ground or running out of a pocket 10 seconds too early.

I don't think it's 'Gabbert-level' pocket presence issues either, and Carr has a much shorter memory when it comes to that stuff. He does seem capable of regaining his composure a few snaps later if he starts getting good protection and a clean pocket again...whereas Blaine tends to get rattled more permanently and continues to invent pressure that might not even really be there as the game goes on.

But there are still some definite and not insignificant issues with Carr under pressure and the way his fundamentals break down. It's still pretty worrisome to me.

It certainly would be great to see the Jaguars staff getting a chance to work with Carr face to face a bit at the Senior Bowl though. Intentionally put him in some situations with janked out protections and see what happens. Wink

I kid.

Kinda... Laughing
Vino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather take Manziel over Carr right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:

Why do you hate the Jaguars?
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we are being real, the only qbs i'd want the jaguars to look at are:
teddy
mccarron [sadly a real option]
garoppolo

the latter, i don't feel is a real option.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
teddy
garoppolo

but

bortles

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Vino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Vino wrote:

Why do you hate the Jaguars?
Whatever. If we pass on him and he ends up tearing up NFL defenses (which he will) you and everyone else who didn't want him because of dumb character concerns and nitpicky mechanic issues will regret it.

I'll go so far to say I bet Manziel will have a more impressive rookie season than Bridgewater. Just because Bridgewater does everything a QB is supposed to do well, does not mean he will be a more impactful QB or playmaker. It just makes him a safer pick.

And lol at wanting McCarron over Manziel.

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
teddy
garoppolo

but

bortles
Bortles is overrated late first round pick material. Maybe I'll change my opinion slightly if he does exceptionally well against Baylor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bortles & McCarron > Manziel

Vino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, but I'm really not even going to respond to that seriously because it's silly. When Manziel has the best rookie season out of this QB class that's all the vindication I'll need. Hopefully it will be in a Jags jersey, but if not, I'll get to regret along with the rest of you that we yet again overlooked a great QB because of nitpicks.

Anyway, has anyone looked into Brett Smith? I had never heard of him before today but after looking at one game he had against New Mexico I like him a bit but as a second or third rounder. He seems like a poor man's Marcus Mariota with the same kind of skill set: great straight line speed and can make some people miss in the open field and good down the field arm strength and talent; I just call him a poor man's version because he has just a little less speed and a little less arm strength. But the same concerns I have about Mariota are the same with him, as far as his ability to read defenses go and the offensive system he plays in. In his case, I also have to lump the conference he plays in as a (minor) concern as well. The system he plays in calls for a lot of screen passes (either that or he's adjusting the plays to do that) so I didn't see too many down the field throws, but like I said, the ones I did see I liked. He has nice touch and ball placement.

Just based off that one game, and since it's only one game I'm still skeptical, but just going off of it I'd like him more than McCarron, Bortles, Garoppolo, Carr, Fales, etc.

I really hate these spread systems. Makes it so hard to be sure whether a QB is mentally ready to make the NFL jump.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, but I'm really not even going to respond to that seriously because it's silly.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Nope, but I'm really not even going to respond to that seriously because it's silly.

Laughing

I do like Bortles more than Manziel.

El Ramster on the sig
sadjag

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Laughing

I do like Bortles more than Manziel.
Me too FWIW, but I'd take a chance on Manziel before I grabbed a guy like Mcarron for this team, just because of upside.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bortles is a poor man's Andrew Luck without the clutch factor. I see him have a similar rookie season to EJ Manuel. But go ahead and believe the hype if you want to. Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: