Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders have received little production frm 2013 draft class
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reggiesucks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Raiders have received little production frm 2013 draft class Reply with quote

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_24761877/raiders-have-received-little-production-from-2013-draft?source=nav

I posted this for all you Reggie McKenzie apologist. 2 years and the results aren't looking good. He better get his act together quick and start hitting some homeruns on this next draft.

So far his biggest accomplishment is cutting payroll. I would say his Free Agents pickups have been slightly average (Grade C). His drafting has been below average. For a team with "No Talent" as most of you point out, it's hard to believe he can't draft someone that can make an impact. I've heard all the excuses so please spare me. This next draft will make or break him. He better hit HOMERUNS with his next 1st and 2nd round picks. A team with "No Talent" can't wait 2-3 years on a player to develop as some of you seem to think is ok with DJ.

RM is on the clock!!!
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought you were banned
Pozzi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That user name "SUCKS". So the team would be better if we would have kept all the overpaid underachievers so we can claw our way to another .500 season with no hope for improvement. I have no crystal ball in front of me showing what RM's doing is going to take us back to the playoffs and more but I do know the team was not going anywhere before RM came on.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only there was a way to predict, before the draft, whether or not a player would lose copious amounts of time due to injury, so the team wouldn't be left scrambling to fill the voids using the cheapest possible parts they could find because they have nearly half as much money as every other team in the league.

....wait...
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#FreeAgent
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Raiders have received little production frm 2013 draft c Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_24761877/raiders-have-received-little-production-from-2013-draft?source=nav

I posted this for all you Reggie McKenzie apologist. 2 years and the results aren't looking good. He better get his act together quick and start hitting some homeruns on this next draft.

So far his biggest accomplishment is cutting payroll. I would say his Free Agents pickups have been slightly average (Grade C). His drafting has been below average. For a team with "No Talent" as most of you point out, it's hard to believe he can't draft someone that can make an impact. I've heard all the excuses so please spare me. This next draft will make or break him. He better hit HOMERUNS with his next 1st and 2nd round picks. A team with "No Talent" can't wait 2-3 years on a player to develop as some of you seem to think is ok with DJ.

RM is on the clock!!!

I don't think this is quite accurate with production in general during Reggie's tenure. With regard to production (not just of 2013 draft class as that's a bit soon):

McGloin was a Reggie UDFA who is clearly more productive thus far than Pryor an Al Davis pick after 3 years.

Jennings is clearly more productive as a cheap FA than top 3 pick McFadden who has been a huge let down.

Streater is producing at almost a 1000 yard level, Holmes has produced the last couple games as a dirt cheap FA and Rivera is a nice complimentary TE option. Moore is the only guy who has produced slightly above average otherwise.

Watson, Pashos and McCants have played pretty well when given the chance and McCants and Watson in particular look like they may have decent futures in front of them. Have to give Al credit for Veldheer and Wiz who will be long term Raiders.

Sims and Walker have been very solid and McGee has been better than expected at DT, probably exceeding the production of Kelly and Seymour with their overall games at a fraction of the cost.

We have yet to see the best of Moore, but with Roach and Burnett we have the best LB core we've had since the likes of Romo and Biekert were playing.

Woodson has been good, Hayden flawed and Porter has shown flashes although none helped by the DL as of late, Our D pick ups have been dissapointing the last 2 years but Hayden and Adams still have time on their side.

Now I'm not going to start waving the Reggie banners just yet and I think you're correct in saying we haven't had a huge impact guy in the draft yet, but they are few and far between for most teams. I think this is the right way to build a team, set a solid foundation even if you have no superstars, then gradually accumulate talent from a sustainable financial position and hope to add one or two elite players to the solid core. It's a long term view and the best way to build prolonged success.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk, his first draft was pretty underwhelming, although. we did get Rod Streater out of it. Burris is a good role/ST player, but I'd say Reggie's biggest strengths so far has been finding undrafted guys/PS free agents like Ross, Adams, Holmes, Muir, McCants and getting production out of them. This draft is a wait and see, anyone trying to judge a class based off of one year is wrong, can you be disappointed at the lack of immediate production? Sure, but some of these guys like Murray we haven't even seen, and Kasa we knew was raw coming in. Rivera and Moore have had nice production for rookies, and Watson and Hayden both flashed very good potential at times. Then there's McGee who is doing better than anyone would've thought. I say give it time. The biggest issue for me with Raider Nation is it's lack of patience, which is understandable, but at times we're getting extremely high expectations and only giving players, coaches, etc. A very limited time to exceed them.

Again, full judgment of a draft class needs to wait until at least year 3, for all we know someone like Murray can bust out next year and turn into a top 10 RB.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dude this is epic!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dude this is epic!

Been waiting to use that one. Laughing

#FreeAgent
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one to praise everything Reggie has done, but good grief man. You're going to judge a GM after 2 years? Especially with the mess he inherited?

I do agree though that he needs to do a much better job landing impact players, but let the 2013 draft class have a few years to prove themselves. Who knows, Hayden and Watson can pan out and be some of the best at their positions. Will you complain then?
And yes, I am aware of inverse possibility as well.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from drafting Wilson, I liked this years draft. I think Hayden and Watson will prove to be good players should they stay healthy. Hayden looked like crap this year, but he did miss training camp and had been away from football for a while. I just hope he can keep his confidence up because he looked completely lost out there.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Aside from drafting Wilson, I liked this years draft. I think Hayden and Watson will prove to be good players should they stay healthy. Hayden looked like crap this year, but he did miss training camp and had been away from football for a while. I just hope he can keep his confidence up because he looked completely lost out there.

This. I did want Richardson with the 12th pick, but Hayden was in my top 5. Wouldn't say he looked like crap other than the Philly game, but then again the entire secondary was garbage that day. Patrick Peterson had an even worse rookie year at CB so I'm not worried that much. He'll get stronger and more physical.

Was not a fan of the Wilson pick at all. Would have been better to grab an OG (Jones was hurt all year so I get it) or a Safety. Still got McGloin out of it at least.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dude this is epic!

Been waiting to use that one. Laughing
I feel like this everytime I see a EricAllen21 thread. Laughing Brick wall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft classes are only bad, when you factor in how many players we have had to cut, and how much cap we have that is dead.

I hardly blame any GM for his top 2 picks being hurt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: