Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

going out in style.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
The stage is set for us to win the final game at the metrodome.

The odds are in our favor it seems. And so with that, I fully expect us to lose.

what makes the odds in our favor?

Its a home game, and we typically do very well at home.

Plus, like it IS the last home game of the season, and more importantly, the last at the Metrodome. I'd say thats a pretty big favor on our part.

down but not out. I still believe!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Plus, like it IS the last home game of the season, and more importantly, the last at the Metrodome. I'd say thats a pretty big favor on our part.

statistically, that means nothing.

the Vikings lost their last game of the season and last home game at the Met Stadium, right?

i soooo want to play poker with you, because you don't understand how odds are computed.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Swaps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several fond memories of the 'Dome. (I'll be at the game on Sunday)

Firstly and absolute foremost.

"Batting 3rd, Center Fielder #34, Kirrrbyyyyyy Puckeeettttttttt."

He was my childhood hero.

My favorite football memory; From '99 to '04 I worked for a tv station here in southern MN. We had 2 press passes for every home game. I was able to go to a few games on the sidelines. You have no idea how loud the Metrodome actually is, unless you're on the field. Good God, you gain a new respect for the troubles of hearing calls and audibles when you're in a noisy stadium. Anyway, one of my favorite Vikings memories was after one of the games I went to, we did all the post-game interviews and got all the B-roll shot and we were in the elevator to get out to the back parking lot. Well, in strolls Randy Moss and Korey Stringerl. Moss is joking around with us, but I will never forget how HUGE Stringer was. (And ugly as hell too!)

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentimental thoughts posted now - about the last game at a Dome that was spoken of with such ill will when the pols were arguing over the new stadium issue? Contradiction, or memory lapse? Wink
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Sentimental thoughts posted now - about the last game at a Dome that was spoken of with such ill will when the pols were arguing over the new stadium issue? Contradiction, or memory lapse? Wink

Nothing wrong with remembering the past and realizing that the future will be so much better with a new stadium. As Vikings fans, we should be fortunate and grateful that this team was not relocated to Los Angeles. We should also be thankful for the memories that the Dome did provide and that is truly the intention of this conversation.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
We should also be thankful for the memories that the Dome did provide and that is truly the intention of this conversation.

thank you.

one of the better parts of sportsmanship, and citizenry for that matter, is being respectful of the past and what it provided, even if we didn't enjoy it when it was in the present.

that's preferable to the screeches of axes being ground.

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuWVArJbBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQksDqxG36s
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuWVArJbBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQksDqxG36s

Jack Morris' performance in Game 7 was the grittiest and gutsiest pitching performance I think I've ever seen. There was just something about the way he was pitching that day where it seemed like he would have pitched 15 shutout innings. Jack Morris was always a pretty good pitcher, but on that day, he was great.

If the 1991 World Series had been played by the Yankees and Dodgers, they'd be calling it the greatest World Series of all time. Five of the seven games were decided by a single run, four games were decided in the final at-bat and three of the games went into extra innings. People don't give the '91 Series its proper due.

Also, the Kent Hrbek/Ron Gant play at 1st base was awesome Very Happy
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
We should also be thankful for the memories that the Dome did provide and that is truly the intention of this conversation.

thank you.

one of the better parts of sportsmanship, and citizenry for that matter, is being respectful of the past and what it provided, even if we didn't enjoy it when it was in the present.

that's preferable to the screeches of axes being ground.

I agree; I will remember fondly my memories of outdoor games at the Ole Met and, in a few years, at Gophield. Very Happy
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Longwell: “Coming over here as a Packer for so many years, it was always deafening when we were trying field goals. When I attempted my first field goal in the preseason with the Vikings, it was silent. That was the weirdest feeling for me. It was surreal. I got goose bumps.”

“The fans were really a big part of things. Brett always had a hard time communicating and it seemed like our offense was half a step slow more times than not because it was so loud the linemen and the receivers had to look for the ball being snapped because they couldn’t always hear the snap count. We struggled and would lose here year after year after year.”

http://min.scout.com/2/1360597.html

Webmaster wrote:
Krauser

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Metrodome memory is the "Moss toss" play against Denver. I missed the moment of the lateral, looked up at the clock while Moss was being tackled to see if there was time left to get one more play off before the half.

Worst was seeing Favre break the all-time TD record in 2007, Dome went half-wild thanks to all the Packers fans.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During my junior year of college, I did a presentation on why the Vikings need a new stadium. It was for Spanish 205.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it ironic that "Style" is used in the title of a thread discussing the end of the Metrodome.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Pete Bercich summed it up well on Rosen's show last night. For anyone in the building (players, coaches, media, fans), it was a great stadium once you got to your seat. But once you had to move around, it was not good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: