Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Hardy open to hometown discount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
http://teespring.com/nospoon

wish it said KILT IT

Is that legit??? Of it is, I am getting one. Or 2...

needs a minimum of 20 orders or they won't make it. last time i checked i was #6 with a week left

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
http://teespring.com/nospoon

wish it said KILT IT

Is that legit??? Of it is, I am getting one. Or 2...

needs a minimum of 20 orders or they won't make it. last time i checked i was #6 with a week left

I honestly don't see him staying, maybe we can tag and trade him, but unless he actually takes a hometown discount I don't see him being a Panther. Unless Gettleman can work his magic Wink
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardy is as good as gone. He will follow the money where ever it may lead him.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hardy is scheduled to become a free agent in March and said it would be a "big honor" if the cap-strapped Panthers use their franchise tag on him (as has been speculated). I asked what would happen if he plays under the tag, then hits on his 2013 goal of a 50-sack season. What kind of contract would he command?

"Just throw together Megatron, Tom Brady, Drew Brees," he said. "Just throw them all together and put that money down for me."

Even though I am a niner fan, l live NC so I really don't want to see a player like this leave. I was a big fan of Hardy when Carolina drafted him and always thought if he got the chance, he would take off and that he has done.
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Hardy is scheduled to become a free agent in March and said it would be a "big honor" if the cap-strapped Panthers use their franchise tag on him (as has been speculated). I asked what would happen if he plays under the tag, then hits on his 2013 goal of a 50-sack season. What kind of contract would he command?

"Just throw together Megatron, Tom Brady, Drew Brees," he said. "Just throw them all together and put that money down for me."

Even though I am a niner fan, l live NC so I really don't want to see a player like this leave. I was a big fan of Hardy when Carolina drafted him and always thought if he got the chance, he would take off and that he has done.

We are going to have to be very creative in order to sign him. We'll see what happens with our RB situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need the Kraken, but we don't need to break the bank for him. Gettleman said it best. We are Cap Challenged.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
shaX 07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313373/article/greg-hardy-49ers-scheme-perfect-for-colin-kaepernick

"Hardy is scheduled to become a free agent in March and said it would be a "big honor" if the cap-strapped Panthers use their franchise tag on him (as has been speculated). I asked what would happen if he plays under the tag, then hits on his 2013 goal of a 50-sack season. What kind of contract would he command?

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean Hardy expects to be paid close to what Megatron, Brady and Brees are getting? Or am I missing some sort of joke here?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313373/article/greg-hardy-49ers-scheme-perfect-for-colin-kaepernick

"Hardy is scheduled to become a free agent in March and said it would be a "big honor" if the cap-strapped Panthers use their franchise tag on him (as has been speculated). I asked what would happen if he plays under the tag, then hits on his 2013 goal of a 50-sack season. What kind of contract would he command?

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean Hardy expects to be paid close to what Megatron, Brady and Brees are getting? Or am I missing some sort of joke here?

No. He says he wants their combined salaries IF he hits his goal of 50 sacks in a season next year. He's joking.

CK on the sig
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

We are going to have to be very creative in order to sign him. We'll see what happens with our RB situation.

I hate that the RBBC has tied down tons of money for you guys.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are 12 mil under the cap and have room to sign him it's just going forward with the contracts coming up if it makes financial sense. We can always goto the bank of CJ and Smitty for more cap space.

Thanks CK
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
We are 12 mil under the cap and have room to sign him it's just going forward with the contracts coming up if it makes financial sense. We can always goto the bank of CJ and Smitty for more cap space.

Yeah, but keep in mind we have Cam/Kuechly coming up. I would much rather have either of them than Hardy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: