Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Hardy open to hometown discount
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Greg Hardy open to hometown discount Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/19/greg-hardy-open-to-hometown-discount-to-stay-with-panthers/

This is great news. I wonder what he thinks a discount is though, he already turned down 8mil/yr.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardy still said he would like to earn close to what he believes he deserves and considering this is the same guy that guaranteed 50 sacks (albeit I know he wasn't being completely serious), it is hard to predict just how much he thinks he is worth.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Hardy still said he would like to earn close to what he believes he deserves and considering this is the same guy that guaranteed 50 sacks (albeit I know he wasn't being completely serious), it is hard to predict just how much he thinks he is worth.

Agreed. The positive that we can take from this is that he truly loves playing here. I would love to sign him long term and get our DL to be a force for years to come.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with Charles Johnson being out those 2 weeks, was a good eye test to really see how much he was worth. I thought he played well in those games, but don't think he's worth Charles Johnson money.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I think with Charles Johnson being out those 2 weeks, was a good eye test to really see how much he was worth. I thought he played well in those games, but don't think he's worth Charles Johnson money.

There's an article on NFL.com that projects him to be closer to what Paul Krueger got: 5 years $40 million. I think he will earn more, but that would be a great deal for us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I know for sure is that he won't be getting a contract that is worth more than he is. I think Gettleman will either give him a fair deal on both sides or he will walk.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Cj > hardy. but I would love to keep that dline intact. I'd def take him for kruger money and I hope the discount is more than a couple bucks. We def need them all to show up on sunday and I'm confident gettlemen won't overpay for anyone and maybe some offseason cuts will open up some more cap room.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
IMO Cj > hardy. but I would love to keep that dline intact. I'd def take him for kruger money and I hope the discount is more than a couple bucks. We def need them all to show up on sunday and I'm confident gettlemen won't overpay for anyone and maybe some offseason cuts will open up some more cap room.

Agree. Gettleman will continue to trim the fat on the roster. I expect Stewart to be gone and Gross to resign cheap or retire.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Agree. Gettleman will continue to trim the fat on the roster. I expect Stewart to be gone and Gross to resign cheap or retire.

I honestly don't see how. Is there some magical way to avoid his massive dead money hit? If any of the backs go, i'd think it would be Williams. He would at least be manageable as a June 1st cut.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the season Hardy is having (esp. today), some team is going to come big at him... I fear the worst. Crying or Very sad
faccda01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
With the season Hardy is having (esp. today), some team is going to come big at him... I fear the worst. Crying or Very sad

We can still be that team. It will take some Gettlemagic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

We can still be that team. It will take some Gettlemagic.

True, but the bottom line is that he is going to get a nice paycheck and he deserves it, based on his play the past two seasons. Not only is he a threat on the edge, but he can slide inside and still get to the QB while playing the run.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardy, Cam, and Kuechly all need to be kept.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two seasons with 10+ sacks and is a force on this DL. I just looked up the top paid DE in the league and he is definitely going to command at least 9-10 million per year, possibly more. Gettleman is going to have to work his magic to make this happen.
Punisher1380

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg hardy deserves every bit of 8-10... Look at how the defense has played, if we can keep everyone in tact and work alittle on the secondary... We will be the defense everyone talks about for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: