Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: BAL Ravens vs NE Patriots - Less Suck Mo' Tuck
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who scores more points this Sunday?
Justin Tucker
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
The Patriots
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Message
Pats#1


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 5235
Location: Plymouth, MA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wasn't your day today guys...that's for sure. Flacco's knee was obviously bothering him, but his decision making looked very bad as well. His 2 INTs could have easily been 4 if McCourty could catch the ball.

Just one of those unfortunate games where nothing seems to go right. Referees were god awful on both sides today, just a pathetic showing from them.

This banged up Pats team is lucky, I don't think they could have handled a healthy Ravens team firing on all cylinders with the state of the team atm.

I would honestly like to wish you luck getting into the playoffs...however you are the absolute LAST team I'd want to see in the post season, sorry Laughing

As for the uproar about trolling by Pats fans....I really have only seen ONE guy doing it in this thread, and he isn't even liked by his own forum, so I wouldn't go and round him up with all of this sites Pats fans, because just like us, the Ravens fanbase on this site has a few bad apples, and I know for a fact a certain supporter of multiple teams who is crying about trolling would be doing the exact same thing is the situation was reversed.

Good game guys...hope Flacco's knee heals quickly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmorecareful


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 566
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have never had a winning streak of longer than 4 games with Harbaugh as coach. This was a bad loss but it's funny because they didn't really play much better than us Lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 23511
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
We have never had a winning streak of longer than 4 games with Harbaugh as coach. This was a bad loss but it's funny because they didn't really play much better than us Lol.


This was also the worst loss in Ravens history (I think the next one up was week 1 of this year!). Congrats, John! Breaking records!
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29548
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
We have never had a winning streak of longer than 4 games with Harbaugh as coach. This was a bad loss but it's funny because they didn't really play much better than us Lol.


This was also the worst loss in Ravens history (I think the next one up was week 1 of this year!). Congrats, John! Breaking records!


Yeah... no, the bolded isn't close to being accurate. And if the decisive margin in making it 'worst loss ever' was run up in garbage time with our backup QB in, then I have a hard time getting too worked up about that particular factoid.
_________________


Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 23511
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
We have never had a winning streak of longer than 4 games with Harbaugh as coach. This was a bad loss but it's funny because they didn't really play much better than us Lol.


This was also the worst loss in Ravens history (I think the next one up was week 1 of this year!). Congrats, John! Breaking records!


Yeah that (the bolded) isn't accurate. And I'm not going to get too worked up over it being 'our worst loss ever' if it was aided by 2 garbage time touchdowns with the backup QB in. But derp derp derp we lost so let's make this as much about Harbaugh sucking as possible.


Wait, I thought it was? Or perhaps I'm just remembering correctly. It's either the worst loss of the Harbaugh era or the worst loss in Ravens history. Meh, either way.

I'm not worked up about last night either. We stunk, end of story. Didn't really surprise me, we come out flat 90% of our games anyways, so we were bound to have a game where we came out flat, and a better team just dominated us.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29548
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
We have never had a winning streak of longer than 4 games with Harbaugh as coach. This was a bad loss but it's funny because they didn't really play much better than us Lol.


This was also the worst loss in Ravens history (I think the next one up was week 1 of this year!). Congrats, John! Breaking records!


Yeah that (the bolded) isn't accurate. And I'm not going to get too worked up over it being 'our worst loss ever' if it was aided by 2 garbage time touchdowns with the backup QB in. But derp derp derp we lost so let's make this as much about Harbaugh sucking as possible.


Wait, I thought it was? Or perhaps I'm just remembering correctly. It's either the worst loss of the Harbaugh era or the worst loss in Ravens history. Meh, either way.


I was saying the bolded part, about the 'next one up' in terms of worst losses ever being the 22 point margin in Week 1. We've had worst losses than that before. LIS, it's a bad loss either way but the 'worst loss ever' part of it isn't really too bothersome... it was a 20 point game until Tyrod went in for a lulzy final 2 minutes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nucky


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Physically Flacco looked fine to me... But it didn't even look like he practiced this week. He didn't look prepared at all. I'm not surprised to see a bad game from Flacco. I don't think anyone is. Heck 6 years into his career I still don't know how good he is. He reminds me so much of Jason Terry in basketball. He's very streaky but has propensity to disappear if he can't get his rhythm.

The defense has kept us in games all season. Unfortunately this means Dan Peas will stay even if we miss the playoffs. I'd give my right arm to have Rex Ryan back.

I was so irate after that Tyrod fumble that I turned the TV off. Did he do anything after that ?
_________________
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29548
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
I was so irate after that Tyrod fumble that I turned the TV off. Did he do anything after that ?


Yeah, he threw a pick-six on the last drive.

And agreed for the most part on your comments on Flacco... that was the worst I think he's looked all season long. Just left so many points and opportunities on the field when a conversion here or there could have really changed the complexion of the game with the defense slowing Brady down but not necessarily dominating him - the underthrown deep ball to Torrey on our 1st drive after we had forced a 3 and out to start, the simple bad throw for the first INT that helped dig us into a big deficit, slipping and falling on 3rd down, failing to see both Torrey and Pitta open short for 1st downs and chucking it deep to a well-covered Jacoby on the 1st failed 4th down conversation, even the failed 4th down conversion near the goalline where he just didn't look ready and took way too long checking to the run and then ran under center to let them know we were running it (though it could be many different people deserving blame for that)... it was a team loss yesterday but more than anyone else we lived (and mostly died) with Flacco yesterday - you're just not going to beat Brady and Belichick when your QB isn't taking advantage of the opportunities that come his way. Way too many rally-killing mistakes for a guy who you normally trust to dial in for those big situations - don't know whether it was his knee knocking his rhythm off or simple nerves and lack of execution but regardless of what it was, that was a game where bad Flacco basically gave us no chance.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 23511
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching before they put Tyrod in, was he just bad or what?
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7414
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if we'll see an emphasis on getting a real backup QB now instead of bringing in the Curtis Painter's of the world to "compete" with Taylor in training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40072
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the video of the Ravens and John Harbaugh after the game:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Harbs-Locker-Room-Message-After-Loss-vs-Pats/871a926b-3c38-4eaf-9d4e-5d4230cf3689?mobile-id=792882&media-type=V
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nucky


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Here's the video of the Ravens and John Harbaugh after the game:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Harbs-Locker-Room-Message-After-Loss-vs-Pats/871a926b-3c38-4eaf-9d4e-5d4230cf3689?mobile-id=792882&media-type=V


Look at last week's post game address and look at this one. Not expecting it to be the same but this game sucked the life force out of John. Wow.
_________________
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 2220
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I wonder if we'll see an emphasis on getting a real backup QB now instead of bringing in the Curtis Painter's of the world to "compete" with Taylor in training camp.


I've said it for some time now, but I really struggle to see how having a backup QB who is so utterly different in every aspect of his game to your starter is going to work out. You're saying to your O-line, RBs and receivers, 'yeah okay, we've spent all year coaching you to play with this big-armed, pocket passing QB, now you're gonna have to adjust to the small, nippy, college option running QB'. Not gonna work.

Regarding Flacco, my opinion of him hasn't changed. He has all the ability in the world, and can make plays that few others can. Sometimes he looks like a seriously elite QB. Then, there are the other times. Times like yesterday. This sort of inconsistency is just who Joe Flacco is, in my opinion.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 23511
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what Mancunian said, Tyrod could be a good, serviceable backup QB in a system like Seattle, Washington, Philadelphia, etc., teams that utilize his strengths (moving around, read option).

This offense does not do that, and thus Tyrod's shortcomings get really accentuated in our offense since he's not a great pocket passer and we can't develop one scheme for our starting QB and another for our backup, who will receive .1% of the total snaps over the course of the season.

It's almost the same thing that happened in Seattle, they had to choose between Matt Flynn, Brady Quinn and Tarvaris Jackson and they chose Tarvaris because he's similar to Russell Wilson and he works in that offense.

So in short, we definitely need a backup QB, and not Curtis Painter, but someone like Kyle Orton, or a vested veteran who's been around and can help Joe, but also step in when needed and run the same offense and be a game manager for us.

As for the video - Wow. That was about as low as I've seen this team.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7634
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game. Don't want to see you guys again. Ever again. Including this post season.

And SnA stop hating on John Harbaugh Laughing
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group