Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: BAL Ravens vs NE Patriots - Less Suck Mo' Tuck
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who scores more points this Sunday?
Justin Tucker
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
The Patriots
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12969
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
PoWww wrote:
Is Arthur Jones a RFA or UFA this off season? He's really developed into a great player.

He should come join his little brother.


He's an unrestricted free-agent and it would be great if it happens. Hopefully he gets Ed to join him to play LB.

How the frack did you beat me to posting? I swear, your internet connection... or your hands... are on steroids! I call performance enhancement!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LRaven


Joined: 08 Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
If actually missing out on the playoffs sparks a sense of urgency in the Ravens coaching staff, and Harbs finally decides to go out and get the very best coordinators he can, then it might be worth it in the long run.

Because when you look at what some coordinators have done in this league with less talent than the Ravens have, it amazes me that Harbs and Ozzie and Steve have been happy to settle for such mediocrity for so long.

Who do you suggest we get? The only person I can think of for offense off the top of my head is like... Mike Martz or something (and even then I don't see his offense working with our offensive line in shambles).

On defense, I can't think of anyone willing to become a DC, although there's always Jim Schwartz. He did well in Tennessee didn't he? Plus he's a Baltimore native.


Last edited by LRaven on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
r_sayle


Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 359
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRaven wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
If actually missing out on the playoffs sparks a sense of urgency in the Ravens coaching staff, and Harbs finally decides to go out and get the very best coordinators he can, then it might be worth it in the long run.

Because when you look at what some coordinators have done in this league with less talent than the Ravens have, it amazes me that Harbs and Ozzie and Steve have been happy to settle for such mediocrity for so long.

Who do you suggest we get? The only person I can think of for offense off the top of my head is like... Mike Martz or something (and even then I don't see his offense working with our offensive line in shambles). On defense, I can't think of anyone willing to become a DC, although there's always Jim Schwartz.


I might be the only one but I'd have Rex back
_________________
stay calm and trust Ozzie!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LRaven


Joined: 08 Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have him back, but I don't see him as anything less than an HC. I also don't see him getting fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20058
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:
LRaven wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
If actually missing out on the playoffs sparks a sense of urgency in the Ravens coaching staff, and Harbs finally decides to go out and get the very best coordinators he can, then it might be worth it in the long run.

Because when you look at what some coordinators have done in this league with less talent than the Ravens have, it amazes me that Harbs and Ozzie and Steve have been happy to settle for such mediocrity for so long.

Who do you suggest we get? The only person I can think of for offense off the top of my head is like... Mike Martz or something (and even then I don't see his offense working with our offensive line in shambles). On defense, I can't think of anyone willing to become a DC, although there's always Jim Schwartz.


I might be the only one but I'd have Rex back


I second this.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39443
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
PoWww wrote:
Is Arthur Jones a RFA or UFA this off season? He's really developed into a great player.

He should come join his little brother.


He's an unrestricted free-agent and it would be great if it happens. Hopefully he gets Ed to join him to play LB.


Ed?


Did i say Ed? i meant Jon...

diamondbull424 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
PoWww wrote:
Is Arthur Jones a RFA or UFA this off season? He's really developed into a great player.

He should come join his little brother.


He's an unrestricted free-agent and it would be great if it happens. Hopefully he gets Ed to join him to play LB.

How the frack did you beat me to posting? I swear, your internet connection... or your hands... are on steroids! I call performance enhancement!


I'm from Seattle originally. [not really]
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25150
Location: 321
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want some renowned offensive coordinator forcing some system. I want someone who realizes Joe is a beast and stays the hell out of his way.

And Im still fine with Peas. I don't know how anyone finds a way to hang a loss on him when the offense scored 7 points and the defense held them off until the final minutes of the game.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LRaven


Joined: 08 Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I don't want some renowned offensive coordinator forcing some system. I want someone who realizes Joe is a beast and stays the hell out of his way.

While getting rid of Caldwell?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7171
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This got paged. Seems appropriate to bring it back up now.

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
I called that Tucker miss FWIW...

I knew he would miss.

We still have a chance at this game. We just need Pees to stop this zone coverage crap that allowed them to freaking get all these points in the first place.

Pees and Caldwell need to be fired. They both have sucked horribly this game... and this game isn't any different than what they've been doing all season long.


With as bad as the offense has looked all season I have a hard time seeing Caldwell be brought back. The blocking/running game being so inept hurts everything but part of that is probably on him anyways. I'm not really sure who or what type of coach they should bring in at this point. Anybody that can implement a working offensive scheme is good with me no matter what type of system it is.

If Caldwell gets the boot like I expect that probably means Pees sticks around. Of course Baltimore's "window" for winning isn't really closing so maybe they wouldn't be adverse to bringing in changes on both offense and defense in one offseason. Pees will probably get by on having a good statistical defense though like Mattison did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12969
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRaven wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
If actually missing out on the playoffs sparks a sense of urgency in the Ravens coaching staff, and Harbs finally decides to go out and get the very best coordinators he can, then it might be worth it in the long run.

Because when you look at what some coordinators have done in this league with less talent than the Ravens have, it amazes me that Harbs and Ozzie and Steve have been happy to settle for such mediocrity for so long.

Who do you suggest we get? The only person I can think of for offense off the top of my head is like... Mike Martz or something (and even then I don't see his offense working with our offensive line in shambles).

On defense, I can't think of anyone willing to become a DC, although there's always Jim Schwartz. He did well in Tennessee didn't he? Plus he's a Baltimore native.

We'll have to wait until Black Monday to see who will become available.

But in terms of DC, we've got a few quality candidates in both Clarence Brooks and Ted Monachino... And since Harbaugh never seems to like to hire outside coaches to be his coordinators... and instead promote from within, I'd have to believe those two would be the direction he'd go into if we were to replace Pees.

Offensively, I'm not sure. I'd suggest delving into one of the more talented offensive coaching staff and stealing an up and comer option. A guy like Ben McAdoo from the Packers. He's coached some nice positional units so far and has ample experience in multiple roles within that Packers offense and McCarthy's system.

He could bomb, but when Matt Flynn goes from looking like crap elsewhere to going to the Packers and really getting back to playing well, there's obviously something there. I'm sure a strong part of that is McCarthy, but maybe his positional coaches also offer some of that magic and could transplant that to Baltimore offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25150
Location: 321
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRaven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I don't want some renowned offensive coordinator forcing some system. I want someone who realizes Joe is a beast and stays the hell out of his way.

While getting rid of Caldwell?


I'd rather just keep Caldwell and he quit handcuffing Flacco. Every single week. Same thing. An entire game of boring, safe, repetitive BS. Then at some point it becomes urgent that we move the ball. They let Joe do his damn thing. And surprise surprise. We move the ball with ease.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20058
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
LRaven wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I don't want some renowned offensive coordinator forcing some system. I want someone who realizes Joe is a beast and stays the hell out of his way.

While getting rid of Caldwell?


I'd rather just keep Caldwell and he quit handcuffing Flacco. Every single week. Same thing. An entire game of boring, safe, repetitive BS. Then at some point it becomes urgent that we move the ball. They let Joe do his damn thing. And surprise surprise. We move the ball with ease.


You do realize it was the same thing with Cameron, right? It's not going to just stop. The system is the system, it's not going to change. The only change that will come will be from Caldwell's firing, not from Harbaugh giving him a "pep talk" to stop handcuffing Flacco.

And actually, in regards to this game, it was the ANTI-handcuffing of Flacco that hurt our offense. We were running the ball quite well, and when we threw it, Flacco cost us the game on nearly every throw, yet Caldwell repeatedly kept giving Flacco the go ahead to throw it and it just kept costing us.

Either way, I hope Peas and Caldwell are gone. Bring in 2 fresh, young coordinators who know how to use talent and be innovative. We don't need systems from the 1970's, we don't need generic overload blitzing, we need creativity and innovation and youth.

EDIT: While we're at it, we should probably get someone who can teach our pass rushers how to utilize a swim/rip move...
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FakingInjuries


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 484
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker scored 1 point.

Patriots scored 41.


Good game Baltimore Laughing




Quote:
I meant no disrespect to @raylewis at all for that 2nd TD dance! I've asked him before if I could do it and he said "Yeah! Kill that thang"



https://twitter.com/LG_Blount/status/414950211178725376
_________________


Last edited by FakingInjuries on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6474
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FakingInjuries wrote:
Tucker scored 1 point.

Patriots scored 41.


Good game Baltimore Laughing


Happy Holidays, brother.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25150
Location: 321
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City probably rests their starters and there is almost not shot San Diego loses. So we have to win and the Jets have to beat Miami.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group