Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: BAL Ravens vs NE Patriots - Less Suck Mo' Tuck
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who scores more points this Sunday?
Justin Tucker
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
The Patriots
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Week 16 GDT: BAL Ravens vs NE Patriots - Less Suck Mo' Tuck Reply with quote

vs

You Got Brady? We Got Tuck! - Week 16
Baltimore Ravens (8-6) vs New England Patriots (9-5)
Date: Sunday, December 22nd, 2013, 4:25pm EST
Channel: CBS

*Just an awesome collection of Justin Tucker gifs before the actual GDT*

GDT Christmas Edition:

We wish you a Ravens Christmas;
We wish you a Ravens Christmas and a Torrey Touchdown.

Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
Good tidings for Christmas and a Torrey Touchdown.

Oh, bring us a Ravens victory;
Oh, bring us a Ravens victory;
Oh, bring us a Ravens victory; and a San Diego loss

We won't go until we we're in there;
We won't go until we we're in there;
We won't go until we we're in there; so make sure we get in

We wish you a Ravens Christmas and hopefully a few of these hits:

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids

Last edited by RavensTillIDie on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be your typical Ravens beat down of a Tom Brady-led Patriots team that we've seen of late. Patriots don't scare me in any phase of the game and at the end of the day, as usual, I trust Flacco more against that defense than I do Brady against ours.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fighting Joe Flacco's 28 - Patriots 14

And we will collect the #2 seed week 17.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
nevermore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never felt this comfortable before a game against the Patriots. Which probably means the Ravens get blown out.

That being said:

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel nervous. Our defense has trouble getting off the field late in games which if we let them hang around, could get dicey.

I think it, once again, will come down to some clutch 4th quarter play.

23-20 Ravens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wall of text pre-game analysis of this game...

Corners
Yeah, I'm nervous as well. Webb has been up and down this season in coverage... so you never know what type of game you're going to get from him vs the Pats.

Graham is up and down based on drives. Some drives he'll look pretty good in coverage... and then others, he gives up huge gains. Calvin should've had like another 35 yds in completions towards Graham last week, but dropped two big passes instead.

And while Smith might be a lockdown cover guy against the top WR options. His weakness in both college and in the NFL has always been focus/respect... he tends to play down to the level of his competition... and thus could be more susceptible to allowing some big plays in this game because of it.

Secondary
And another thing, our secondary communication was better than it's ever been this season last week against the Lions, however, I think a big part of that might have been Matthew Stafford seeming to take a long time at the LOS. Tom Brady and that quick pace/strike New England no-huddle offense will reduce the communication time considerably and could catch our secondary off guard.

That and the run defense has been somewhat leaky as of late and that could play a part in the gameplan against us. Lots of short attacking plays.

This is also the first game in Ravens franchise history without Ed Reed roaming the deep backfield to scare the wits out of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick from attacking him and his playmaking ability. We all know how much they loved and respected him. So with Elam back there instead, we're likely to see more deep ball attacks.

Edge Threats
Which by extension means Suggs and Dumervil will have to have big games this week. Suggs seemed to have a reduced snap count against the Lions last week, resting on what seemed like 35% of the plays or so. Could he be playing hurt? Were they resting him for this pivotal matchup? What was up with that exactly?

DT play
By extension, Ngata just had by far his most dominant game of the season from both an impact and snap count perspective... can he stay healthy and make impact plays against the Patriots? He'll need to be a force because Tom Brady tends to most by effected by pressure up the middle. If we get in his face, he's proven to struggle with his accuracy and that could give Webb and Graham both opportunities to make plays on poorly thrown balls, both corners tend to get caught watching the QB on occasion and that has led to some big completions and also some big time interceptions. The difference could be razor thin against this Pats team... and if we can force any big time turnovers, it would go a long ways in allowing us to win the field position battle. Also worth mentioning will be Arthur Jones inside. He'll likely be competing against his brother for most impact. His tandem with Ngata will have to be a big one.

Pass Protection
The Jones/Monroe battle will also be big. Monroe did well with staying in front of a similarly long, slower burst pass rusher in Ansah... but Ansah is certainly not as prolific a pass rushing threat as Chandler Jones... nor is his base quite as powerful. New England's DTs have also been productive in getting to the QB. They might be no-name options... but so are both Shipley/Gradkowski. Which no-namers play better will be important. Has Gradkowski turned a slight corner? And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Oher vs Ninkovich. Nink does a great job of getting under pad level... and Oher isn't consistent with his pad level... I could totally see Nink having a 2-3 sack performance against Oher.

Passing matchups
Talib has put forth a lot of nice efforts against prime receivers also... but tbqh... I don't think he matches up with Torrey Smith's deep speed. That should at least draw McCourty's attention, which should give Pitta plenty of 1on1 looks vs some less than agile LBers.

I also like Rice in getting some separation on underneath routes... he may have slowed, but he's still faster and more agile than Brandon Spikes and Donta Hightower. If Rice allows those guys to cover him in the open field... then simply put, he IS done.

I think the biggest difference maker here however will be the Jacoby/Brown tandem. Dennard best matches up with Brown... which could put Jones in the slot on many occasions. And I don't think any of those NE receivers matchup well with Jones there. Put Brown in the slot and Dennard on Jacoby and I like his matchup there as well. That will have to be a consistent source of our targets IMO. There's plenty of potential for big plays and chain moving if we can exploit their nickel corner. Can they continue to step up though?

Conclusion- Dean Pees or Darth Pees?
Lastly, I think our chances most depend on what Dean Pees we get. If we get the Pees that looks to be aggressive and man-press these small NE receivers and allow our pass rush time to get up-field... then I like our chances in this game much more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kinda like the Steelers. On paper we should blow them out. But these teams know each other like the back of their hand. Close game. Gotta go with the more clutch team at home.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
This is kinda like the Steelers. On paper we should blow them out. But these teams know each other like the back of their hand. Close game. Gotta go with the more clutch team at home.

Yup. It's probably a good thing that we're playing them on the short week as opposed to some team we're less than familiar with, like if the Patriots and Lions games were reversed on the schedule, for example.

We know their tendencies enough that its going to just be more about getting the rookies (Elam and Brown) update on the Patriots. And then getting our new defensive starters updated in Smith and Canty.

But most of our guys should know what the Patriots like to do by now... Though the opposite is also true. They know us.

That said our defense and offensive scheme has enough differences and their team has enough new faces that it will still be a big enough difference from the past matchups. But I highly doubt this game will be anything but highly competitive.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
The Fighting Joe Flacco's 28 - Patriots 14

And we will collect the #2 seed week 17.

Dolphins fan here. Please beat the Patriots. Please.
You guys need even more help for that 2 seed than we do though lol which is kind of amazing to me
M.10.E

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling good that this game is at home.

Also, go Viks and Bills!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a longer post in the Pats thread, but basically I think the keys on each side of the ball are: Marlon Brown and tackling on WR screens.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggs needs to show up for this game me thinks. Secondary will do their part, but if we can't pressure Brady, we aren't gonna get Matt Stafford-esque throws that are lulzy and into coverage for easy interceptions.

I'm still waiting for Suggs to start playing like he's capable of.

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like i came back just in time for this match-up, wanted to drop this here:

Quote:
Tom Brady was asked if he sent Suggs an Xmas card. "Probably not this year. Maybe one of these years we’ll get together for dinner”

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/413389920326004736
Tom Brady Tribute
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Looks like i came back just in time for this match-up, wanted to drop this here:

Quote:
Tom Brady was asked if he sent Suggs an Xmas card. "Probably not this year. Maybe one of these years we’ll get together for dinner”

You know you're always welcome to post in here as long as you have JLaw as your avi and sig Wink

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Quote:

You know you're always welcome to post in here as long as you have JLaw as your avi and sig Wink

Speaking of her... Catching Fire was phenomenal. Definitely much better than Hunger Games. Though tbf... J-Law shined in both. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: