Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lards

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin wrote:
I'm not going to do an "Osprey" if they do repeat- as NFCW champs, let alone SB, but I still think they did VERY little to improve the team THIS year. And no, winning the SB doesn't confer much credibility if you're Seattle. I doubt even repeating will do that, but who cares? It just makes it that much sweeter to wipe the smug looks off the doubters/haters

The FO is setting up this team for sustained success which is great. With such a young team, there is no need to overpay free agents like Denver or New orleans who dont have much time with their veteran QB's. Its not like they havent tried, they tried signing Melton and Allen but we dont have the cap room like other teams. We extended Carroll and 2 of the best players in the league, for me that is a success. Pete and John have a much better idea then us, im sure they have a few young guys in their mind who will step up this season.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin wrote:
I'm not going to do an "Osprey" if they do repeat- as NFCW champs, let alone SB, but I still think they did VERY little to improve the team THIS year. And no, winning the SB doesn't confer much credibility if you're Seattle. I doubt even repeating will do that, but who cares? It just makes it that much sweeter to wipe the smug looks off the doubters/haters

I disagree. Britt should be able to step in immediately and be an upgrade to Breno. He also gives us strong leverage in negotiations with Okung.

Richardson should be a nice situational explosive weapon we didn't have last year and Cassius Marsh looks like he's going to be a very good rotational DLineman. KPL is setting us up for the loss of Wright and Smith and I actually have a feeling Kiero Small is going to be an impact starter for us at FB.

Not to mention we otherwise should be getting better this year with the addition of Percy Harvin and Christine Michael to the offense.
imani

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be on the lookout for the UDFA Horace (can't remember his last name) out of UTEP we just signed a day or two ago. Ridiculous measurables and athleticism at linebacker.

I'm calling him as my Doug Baldwin dark horse for the year.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I disagree. Britt should be able to step in immediately and be an upgrade to Breno. He also gives us strong leverage in negotiations with Okung.

Richardson should be a nice situational explosive weapon we didn't have last year and Cassius Marsh looks like he's going to be a very good rotational DLineman. KPL is setting us up for the loss of Wright and Smith and I actually have a feeling Kiero Small is going to be an impact starter for us at FB.

Not to mention we otherwise should be getting better this year with the addition of Percy Harvin and Christine Michael to the offense.

From what I've seen & heard, Britt's not even expected to jump over Bowie @ RT THIS year, let alone take over if Okung goes down again. Marsh is only one of many situational linemen, not an immediate impact player. I feel much the same as you about Small, but not this year. That leaves Richardson, who may well make some big plays. So did Lockette his first year, but it doesn't make him the plug-n-play stud that would have made a difference NOW.
I got no quarrel with setting up for the future, but REALLY trying to repeat by plugging in 5 or 6 guys that weren't even active, let alone "starters", last year just doesn't seem like a recipe for success. I'll grant JS/PC's ability to find gems in the late rounds, but NONE have really contributed much the first 2 years, except Baldwin, & I'll be floored if any of this year's crop do either. All I'm saying is we coulda had 1st round talent in the 2nd & maybe even 3rd & didn't take it when we had the opportunity. Guess that says JS/PC are satisfied that they "next men up" are more than adequate for the job. I'm just saying I ain't so sure....
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is pass rusher not an immediate impact player?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin wrote:
Quote:

From what I've seen & heard, Britt's not even expected to jump over Bowie @ RT THIS year, let alone take over if Okung goes down again. Marsh is only one of many situational linemen, not an immediate impact player. I feel much the same as you about Small, but not this year. That leaves Richardson, who may well make some big plays. So did Lockette his first year, but it doesn't make him the plug-n-play stud that would have made a difference NOW.
I got no quarrel with setting up for the future, but REALLY trying to repeat by plugging in 5 or 6 guys that weren't even active, let alone "starters", last year just doesn't seem like a recipe for success. I'll grant JS/PC's ability to find gems in the late rounds, but NONE have really contributed much the first 2 years, except Baldwin, & I'll be floored if any of this year's crop do either. All I'm saying is we coulda had 1st round talent in the 2nd & maybe even 3rd & didn't take it when we had the opportunity. Guess that says JS/PC are satisfied that they "next men up" are more than adequate for the job. I'm just saying I ain't so sure....

You can't seriously compare what Lockette did his first year here to what Richardson is likely to do with us this year. Richardson is a MUCH more polished product at the position.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was comparing Richardson & Lockette only based on limited opportunities anticipated. Of course Richardson is much more polished. He's been a football player his whole life. Lockette was a track guy who'd been playing "at" football for what 2 years? Guess we'll see how many big plays Richardson makes. Lockette made 3, right? Bar's not set all that high.
Kinda the same thing with Marsh. "Impact" depends on opportunity & his snaps will be pretty limited based on those ahead of him on the depth chart. Would it have been different if they'd picked a DE in the 1st round? I dunno. Based on past couple years practice, I suspect not. I don't care. I just want them to do well in the defense of the title. If that happens, I'll be a happy camper. If not, I won't crow about it. I actually hope I'm wrong.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
C-Hawkin wrote:

Cable said that Britt played LT has a Sr, but actually looked much better at RT earlier in his career. I think he will have to play great to overtake Bowie, but is expected to start there. I don't think he will add any leverage to the Okung contract. If we have Britt at LT and Bowie at RT, we're screwed.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: