Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
If D Thomas is sitting there in the 4th round with the Eagles on the clock you can book it he's gone. He has a place in the NFL and he's bigger than McCluster and Austin in terms of height. 5'10 180lbs 4.3 speed is not too bad. He will light up the combine. Wouldn't even surprise me to see DAT go in the 3rd. He's special. Anyways, I'd like us to go OL and DT in either order 1st and 2nd. We really need a penetrating force up the middle. There on out, wouldn't mind getting a WR in the 4th and more LB/CB/OL depth to develop in later rounds
There's no way that boy is 180 right now Laughing Maybe by the combine he'll have thrown on some muscle

He's 174. Not that far off. If Trindon Holliday can be smaller and survive hits, so can Thomas (who has a full football background).

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
If D Thomas is sitting there in the 4th round with the Eagles on the clock you can book it he's gone. He has a place in the NFL and he's bigger than McCluster and Austin in terms of height. 5'10 180lbs 4.3 speed is not too bad. He will light up the combine. Wouldn't even surprise me to see DAT go in the 3rd. He's special. Anyways, I'd like us to go OL and DT in either order 1st and 2nd. We really need a penetrating force up the middle. There on out, wouldn't mind getting a WR in the 4th and more LB/CB/OL depth to develop in later rounds
There's no way that boy is 180 right now Laughing Maybe by the combine he'll have thrown on some muscle

He's 174. Not that far off. If Trindon Holliday can be smaller and survive hits, so can Thomas (who has a full football background).
I didn't say he wouldn't survive. I said he wasn't 180.

Trindon is a pretty crappy example, he's done nothing in the NFL other than being a dynamic returner. If only he was solid at fielding punts.

Desean Jackson is a better comparison size-wise.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to South Carolina and one guy out of here that I think Russ would love is Bruce Ellington. He is 5 9 196 pounds and is a great slot guy. With Doug and Tate iffy for next year he would be nice in the mid rounds

WINTER IS COMING
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Just got done watching tape of Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro. I'm not nearly as impressed as some people are on this site and I don't really see a scenario where we'd take him (though I've certainly been wrong before).

He poses as an interesting mismatch threat as more of a "move" TE with his size, fluidity, and speed, but I don't see that playmaking ability that guys like Jordan Reed had coming out.

Agreed. Im hoping Amaro is the first TE off the board though, because I want Ebron to fall to us. He's someone I think they FO would consider taking.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really am a fan of the tight end Ebron. Would love to have him or Lee from USC with our first round pick.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
Really am a fan of the tight end Ebron. Would love to have him or Lee from USC with our first round pick.

Really doubt Lee would be the pick even if he's available.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:

if we keep Tate I doubt he'd be the pick but if Tate is gone it wouldn't surprise me.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
SoS wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:

if we keep Tate I doubt he'd be the pick but if Tate is gone it wouldn't surprise me.

Even then I don't see it. Harvin could fill the role that Tate currently holds.

I actually wrote an article on the team's needs the other night for anyone who cares about my extended insight on this matter.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been doing a lot of homework on this WR class under the assumption we're going to be targeting a big, #1 type WR early in this draft. I didn't do much scouting on Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans because, quite frankly, they have virtually no shot of falling down to our pick. I didn't watch a lot of Marqise Lee, because I'm of the opinion this team will be looking for a big-bodied receiver (Pete signs BMW, interested in VJax, interested in Brandon Marshall, gets Sidney Rice, drafts Kris Durham, brings in Stephen Williams).

Anyways, here are my rankings and notes. These rankings are eliminating the 3 players I previously mentioned.

1. Allen Robinson // Penn State // Junior // 6'3" 210lbs

Analysis: I'll admit, prior to this marathon of game tape I went over for everyone, I didn't think Allen Robinson was anything special. Boy was I wrong; it's truly a mystery to me now how he's flying under the radar so much. Robinson comes with great size for the position and has surprisingly good wiggle and quick feet in the open field. His body control in the air and ability to high-point the football are among the best in this class. He'll struggle at times to make the contested catch, but there are many other instances where he'll wow you. He plays with a fiery swagger I really like and actually runs NFL routes at Penn State. He has easily been Penn State's #1 offensive weapon since he earned the starting spot. His only real negatives are that he doesn't have great straight line speed and he won't use his size to shield defenders on most occasions.

I'm officially on the bandwagon. I see him consistently mocked in the 2nd round, sometimes sneaking into the 1st, but there's no way this kid breaks the top 32 picks come April. I'm afraid as we go through the draft process Robinson will rise to top 20 status, but I'm really hoping that's not the case.

2. Davante Adams // Fresno State // RS Sophomore // 6'2" 216lbs

Analysis: Outside of his thick NFL build, the first thing you'll notice when watching Davante Adams is strong hands and unbelievable eye coordination. Some might say Adams benefits a lot from playing with Derek Carr, but I think it's absolutely the opposite. Adams has the ability to make ridiculous catches under contention. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is immediately looking to go North/South and has deceptive quickness to get from 0-60 in a hurry, though his top speed is mediocre at best. Adams is a warrior who's not afraid to go over the middle and sacrifice his body to make the catch. Perhaps the best blocker of the WRs I'll list here, which is a nice bonus. I am a big Adams fan and it took a lot for me to rank Robinson ahead of him, but he is the last guy on this list that will have to be taken with our 1st round pick. His vertical is reportedly 42-43", which is why he's the only receiver shorter than 6'3" on this list. His lower body explosion is insane and he reminds me of Anquan Boldin in his prime. And I haven't even mentioned the fact he runs very clean routes.

3. Jordan Matthews // Vanderbilt // Senior // 6'3" 205lbs
4. Brandon Coleman // Rutgers // RS Junior // 6'6" 220lbs
5. Kelvin Benjamin // Florida State // RS Sophomore // 6'5" 234lbs
6. Cody Hoffman // Brigham Young // Senior // 6'4" 210lbs

I'll have my analysis for these next 4 tomorrow, it's getting pretty late (almost 4 AM). For now know the only guy who even entertains 1st round consideration is Jordan Matthews, and really he's probably more like a mid-2nd type of player. Keep in mind I'm not grading guys like Brandin Cooks and Odell Beckham Jr (at least not yet). I intend on taking a closer look at Paul Richardson and Donte Moncrief amongst others in the coming days, so this list is far from complete.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Evans tests poorly at the combine, he could fall into the twenties. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pete trade up to snag him if he fell.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
So I've been doing a lot of homework on this WR class under the assumption we're going to be targeting a big, #1 type WR early in this draft. I didn't do much scouting on Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans because, quite frankly, they have virtually no shot of falling down to our pick. I didn't watch a lot of Marqise Lee, because I'm of the opinion this team will be looking for a big-bodied receiver (Pete signs BMW, interested in VJax, interested in Brandon Marshall, gets Sidney Rice, drafts Kris Durham, brings in Stephen Williams).

Anyways, here are my rankings and notes. These rankings are eliminating the 3 players I previously mentioned.

1. Allen Robinson // Penn State // Junior // 6'3" 210lbs

Analysis: I'll admit, prior to this marathon of game tape I went over for everyone, I didn't think Allen Robinson was anything special. Boy was I wrong; it's truly a mystery to me now how he's flying under the radar so much. Robinson comes with great size for the position and has surprisingly good wiggle and quick feet in the open field. His body control in the air and ability to high-point the football are among the best in this class. He'll struggle at times to make the contested catch, but there are many other instances where he'll wow you. He plays with a fiery swagger I really like and actually runs NFL routes at Penn State. He has easily been Penn State's #1 offensive weapon since he earned the starting spot. His only real negatives are that he doesn't have great straight line speed and he won't use his size to shield defenders on most occasions.

I'm officially on the bandwagon. I see him consistently mocked in the 2nd round, sometimes sneaking into the 1st, but there's no way this kid breaks the top 32 picks come April. I'm afraid as we go through the draft process Robinson will rise to top 20 status, but I'm really hoping that's not the case.

2. Davante Adams // Fresno State // RS Sophomore // 6'2" 216lbs

Analysis: Outside of his thick NFL build, the first thing you'll notice when watching Davante Adams is strong hands and unbelievable eye coordination. Some might say Adams benefits a lot from playing with Derek Carr, but I think it's absolutely the opposite. Adams has the ability to make ridiculous catches under contention. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is immediately looking to go North/South and has deceptive quickness to get from 0-60 in a hurry, though his top speed is mediocre at best. Adams is a warrior who's not afraid to go over the middle and sacrifice his body to make the catch. Perhaps the best blocker of the WRs I'll list here, which is a nice bonus. I am a big Adams fan and it took a lot for me to rank Robinson ahead of him, but he is the last guy on this list that will have to be taken with our 1st round pick. His vertical is reportedly 42-43", which is why he's the only receiver shorter than 6'3" on this list. His lower body explosion is insane and he reminds me of Anquan Boldin in his prime. And I haven't even mentioned the fact he runs very clean routes.

3. Jordan Matthews // Vanderbilt // Senior // 6'3" 205lbs
4. Brandon Coleman // Rutgers // RS Junior // 6'6" 220lbs
5. Kelvin Benjamin // Florida State // RS Sophomore // 6'5" 234lbs
6. Cody Hoffman // Brigham Young // Senior // 6'4" 210lbs

I'll have my analysis for these next 4 tomorrow, it's getting pretty late (almost 4 AM). For now know the only guy who even entertains 1st round consideration is Jordan Matthews, and really he's probably more like a mid-2nd type of player. Keep in mind I'm not grading guys like Brandin Cooks and Odell Beckham Jr (at least not yet). I intend on taking a closer look at Paul Richardson and Donte Moncrief amongst others in the coming days, so this list is far from complete.

Im pretty confident Kelvin Benjamin has the highest ceiling of any of the players listed before him. With his wing span and ability to high point the ball, he's going to be a problem. I could conceivably see a switch to TE, in which case, he'll be a matchup nightmare in the vein of Jimmy Graham.
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Im pretty confident Kelvin Benjamin has the highest ceiling of any of the players listed before him. With his wing span and ability to high point the ball, he's going to be a problem. I could conceivably see a switch to TE, in which case, he'll be a matchup nightmare in the vein of Jimmy Graham.

Yea, I just don't see it. He has all of the measurables and athleticism you could want in a prospect, but he doesn't display strong hands on a consistent basis and he plays really lazy on more occasions than I'd like. Want to take a chance on a lazy player with poor fundamentals but phenomenal measurables? Be my guest. But I'm not going to do so in the first 2 rounds.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

Yea, I just don't see it. He has all of the measurables and athleticism you could want in a prospect, but he doesn't display strong hands on a consistent basis and he plays really lazy on more occasions than I'd like. Want to take a chance on a lazy player with poor fundamentals but phenomenal measurables? Be my guest. But I'm not going to do so in the first 2 rounds.

Yes, I would. And I'm confident Pete would as well, given that's been consistent with he and JS's drafting philosophy since they've been here(Bruce Irvin, Christine Michael). Perceived laziness and developing fundamentals are some of the last reasons not to take someone with this kind of physical talent. What I find less likely is our FO targeting WR's wit mediocre measurables and upside, because they were highly skilled as prospects.

And what do you mean he doesn't consistently display strong hands? That's probably one of his strongest attributes. He consistently brings down contested balls, catches away from his frame, and shows an advanced understanding of how to use his body to shield defensive backs from properly contesting balls. Additionally, he'll go up and over in a way very few players are capable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2T3FAEkCk

1:14, 2:10, 2:38, 3:19, 3:46, 3:54.

Matthew, Adams, and Robinson are merely run of the mill. Solid players, but limited upside and not very much different, at least in regard to skill set, than what we already have.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ever remember hearing Bruce Irvin was lazy.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I don't ever remember hearing Bruce Irvin was lazy.

This is news to me as well. Not to mention Michael was a reported gym rat at A&M.

And I can point out instances in which he doesn't show strong hands or a desire to work hard to help his team. Watch his games against Florida and Boston College and you'll see plenty.

And I wouldn't say any of the 3 players you mentioned are "run of the mill". Davante Adams could easily develop into a prime Anquan Boldin, just for examples sake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: