Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go David Yankey here. OG that had 1-2 potential.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
I'd go David Yankey here. OG that had 1-2 potential.
You know there's a draft talk thread right? Laughing Wink

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=548093&start=315

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We squandered this draft.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:

Boohoo. People say this every year. While I may not agree with some of the decisions, we're not experts and the Hawks have shown (for the most part) that they know what they're doing. There's a reason we're sitting at home on our couches and not in an NFL front office.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

Boohoo. People say this every year. While I may not agree with some of the decisions, we're not experts and the Hawks have shown (for the most part) that they know what they're doing. There's a reason we're sitting at home on our couches and not in an NFL front office.

This is silly logic. NFL GM's make mistakes all the time.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

This is silly logic. NFL GM's make mistakes all the time.

I didn't say they don't. I'm saying they've done far better than most GM's in the draft in recent years and every year people complain. Why not loosen up and at least trust them a little bit? Have they not earned that from us? Sure, they still miss on guys like Carp, Moffitt, etc, but damn.....the same crap every year even after we win the Super Bowl for the first time and there's still meltdowns just around the corner. I don't know anything about Staten, but in the mid-late rounds, I trust that they've done their homework while having far more information available to them than I have here on my laptop. There are players still on the board I'd love to have, but I'm alright with what they've done and am willing to wait till I see some action on the field before I become overly critical. They've earned at least that much IMO.
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - so I have this new theory. New in my brain anyway... I may be the last dude to come to this conclusion, but here goes:

Pete and John have determined that the likelihood of a player to ultimately become a valuable part of a successful team (not necessarily likelihood to throw on a gold jacket in 20 years... but likelihood of playing in that starter-to-pro-bowler range) does not fall as quickly as the "trade value" chart would lead you to believe.

The logic would go something like this...

Our first round pick - #32 is worth 590 points by that nifty chart. That would equate to roughly three 3rd round picks (around 200 pts each)... or six 4th round picks (around 100). I think they strongly believe that they're more likely to get a winner out of those three thirds or six fourths than with the single first.

That said - I get the vibe that they just ignore the "blue chip" guys and start looking at the 3rd round talent and beyond in the pre-draft research period. During the draft, they listen patiently for trade-back opportunities in order to stockpile picks in that sweet spot, where they feel they can find the gems. Where we get frustrated as fans... is when we can't find a trade partner and we grab a third to fifth round guy with our 2nd. Seems there's opportunity to get more value than we do - but when I hear Cable gush about Britt, for example, it really feels as if they couldn't care less about a guy's projected draft-round... they just want their guy. They'll trade back until they feel it's no longer safe to wait.

In Britt's case... assuming they found no trade partners, they'd have had to wait through the entire 3rd round and well into the 4th and they must have felt OLinemen were going to start falling off the board - which turned out to be true.

Feels like we pissed away some value there, but I'll wait until about 2017 to determine for sure how this draft went, heh.

That said...

What in God's name are we going to do at Guard? Carp and Sweezy again? Maybe we just don't want to ever pay Wilson and the plan is to crush him under the weight of his OL's tremendous fail? OLine, so far, is a spot where Pete, John and Tom haven't exactly proven their talent evaluation just yet... please tell me I'm just missing some genius somewhere that's going to fill those two G spots...

Go Hawks.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Ok - so I have this new theory. New in my brain anyway... I may be the last dude to come to this conclusion, but here goes:

Pete and John have determined that the likelihood of a player to ultimately become a valuable part of a successful team (not necessarily likelihood to throw on a gold jacket in 20 years... but likelihood of playing in that starter-to-pro-bowler range) does not fall as quickly as the "trade value" chart would lead you to believe.

Our first round pick - #32 is worth 590 points by that nifty chart. That would equate to roughly three 3rd round picks (around 200 pts each)... or six 4th round picks (around 100). I think they strongly believe that they're more likely to get a winner out of those three thirds or six fourths than with the single first.

That said - I get the vibe that they just ignore the "blue chip" guys and start looking at the 3rd round talent and beyond in the pre-draft research period. During the draft, they listen patiently for trade-back opportunities in order to stockpile picks in that sweet spot, where they feel they can find the gems. Where we get frustrated as fans... is when we can't find a trade partner and we grab a third to fifth round guy with our 2nd. Seems there's opportunity to get more value than we do - but when I hear Cable gush about Britt, for example, it really feels as if they couldn't care less about a guy's projected draft-round... they just want their guy. They'll trade back until they feel it's no longer safe to wait.

In Britt's case... assuming they found no trade partners, they'd have had to wait through the entire 3rd round and well into the 4th and they must have felt OLinemen were going to start falling off the board - which turned out to be true.

Feels like we pissed away some value there, but I'll wait until about 2017 to determine for sure how this draft went, heh.

That said...

What in God's name are we going to do at Guard? Carp and Sweezy again? Maybe we just don't want to ever pay Wilson and the plan is to crush him under the weight of his OL's tremendous fail? OLine, so far, is a spot where Pete, John and Tom haven't exactly proven their talent evaluation just yet... please tell me I'm just missing some genius somewhere that's going to fill those two G spots...

Go Hawks.

Bailey and Bowie would BEAST at the Guard Positions IMO. Depending on how Britt does though, Bowie may be the RT. Bailey has been a favorite of mine for years, lol. Not going to stop clamoring for him any time soon.
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

That said...

Go Hawks.

Bailey and Bowie would BEAST at the Guard Positions IMO. Depending on how Britt does though, Bowie may be the RT. Bailey has been a favorite of mine for years, lol. Not going to stop clamoring for him any time soon.

I had both of them as tackles in my head. Are they versatile enough to play both? We need backups as well - particularly for Old Glass Ankles on the left side.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

That said...

Go Hawks.

I had both of them as tackles in my head. Are they versatile enough to play both? We need backups as well - particularly for Old Glass Ankles on the left side.

Bailey's build, strength and movement make me feel like he could do extremely well at guard. He can get to the 2nd and 3rd levels and lay people out. He can also play tackle which, with the lack of players at the position for us, might push him there this year again. While I think he could be an above average NFL tackle, I also feel he could be a GREAT Guard, especially for our offense relying on the running game as much as we do. Beast Mode would follow him often because he's going to clear a path when he gets going. Bowie is more of a projection. Not as confident in him at Guard, but he showed me enough last year that I believe he has some versatility. Did well in the running game and if we can get a pass protecting RT with athletic ability to keep the edges secure for Wilson, Bailey/Unger/Bowie could work wonders for Lynch and give plenty of space for Wilson to see clearly down the field.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:

Completely disagree. We may not have found an elite impact starter, but we found some serious role players. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott starts at LG and Britt at RT to start the year. They both look good on tape. KPL has the most potential and could actually be that great starter from this class. PRich is going to be a dynamic weapon and Norwood will be solid insurance depth.

I'm excited to see who can make this team.
efilerupeltsen

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how we just won a SUPERBOWL with a team BUILT by THIS front office through the DRAFT...

And we still find ways to whine about their decision making.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

efilerupeltsen wrote:
I love how we just won a SUPERBOWL with a team BUILT by THIS front office through the DRAFT...

The season starts all over again next year.
silus

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

efilerupeltsen wrote:

A Superbowl doesn't earn you credibi...wait. Nevermind.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to do an "Osprey" if they do repeat- as NFCW champs, let alone SB, but I still think they did VERY little to improve the team THIS year. And no, winning the SB doesn't confer much credibility if you're Seattle. I doubt even repeating will do that, but who cares? It just makes it that much sweeter to wipe the smug looks off the doubters/haters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: