Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Oaklands draft so far, would've loved to have either one of the two o linemen that just went
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we just traded down again. Tampa is a really good fit for A.S.J.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We traded down for Paul Richardson with ASJ, XSF, Lee, Tuitt, Matthews, Kouandjio and Hageman on the board?

Eh, I guess. Feel about the same as I felt about Harper.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
We traded down for Paul Richardson with ASJ, XSF, Lee, Tuitt, Matthews, Kouandjio and Hageman on the board?

I feel better about this than Harper. At least Richardson looks fluid, tracks the ball well on deep routes, and is fast

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

I feel better about this than Harper. At least Richardson looks fluid, tracks the ball well on deep routes, and is fast

All traits our receiving corps already possessed. Why not go after a WR with a bigger frame that doesn't have a redundant skill set?

The more I think about this pick, the more of a joke it becomes. Especially after we didn't come out of last years draft with a lot of dynamic talent.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

All traits our receiving corps already possessed. Why not go after a WR with a bigger frame that doesn't have a redundant skill set?

The more I think about this pick, the more of a joke it becomes. Especially after we didn't come out of last years draft with a lot of dynamic talent.
And again, I think it's an indication we don't think we can keep Baldwin long term. That's not a joke, that's just reality.

Richardson also is a much more natural deep threat than any WR we've had since Galloway

ram29jackson wrote:
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

And again, I think it's an indication we don't think we can keep Baldwin long term. That's not a joke, that's just reality.

Richardson also is a much more natural deep threat than any WR we've had since Galloway

Do you believe Richardson would have been gone before the 3rd or 4th rounds? Because I don't, nor do I believe that he makes us better going forward, particularly in light of more talented prospects fitting more immediate areas of need.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Do you believe Richardson would have been gone before the 3rd or 4th rounds? Because I don't, nor do I believe that he makes us better going forward, particularly in light of more talented prospects fitting more immediate areas of need.
Uh, yes. I am quite confident he would've been gone by our 4th round pick.

We don't have any immediate areas of need other than WR and OL. Even then, that's assuming the guys in our system wont step up

ram29jackson wrote:
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

We don't have any immediate areas of need other than WR and OL. Even then, that's assuming the guys in our system wont step up

Hageman would have been huge for us. XSF and Cyrus K. as well, imo. Much more appropriate than a 2nd or 3rd receiver in the 2nd round.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

Hageman would have been huge for us. XSF and Cyrus K. as well, imo. Much more appropriate than a 2nd or 3rd receiver in the 2nd round.
We obviously differ on our evaluations. I would've loved XFS. Cyrus is too stiff and slow to play on our team. Hageman is lazy. I HATE lazy DL guys. With our coverage abilities hustle is HUGE on DL

ram29jackson wrote:
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:

You make two fair points that I agree with. As much as we may want it to be so, Percy Harvin is not a natural deep threat. With the attention that Percy draws underneath, Richardson (much like Jermaine Kearse) will probably get a lot of favourable looks down the field.

We also have Sidney Rice back so that probably played a factor in going for Richardson over a bigger receiver.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRich has the chance to become a special player for us. Our offense is going to be very interesting to watch with all of this speed on the field, especially once Michael starts getting more carries.

Richardson can be a better version of Hilton, but of course durability may become a question.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the pick of Paul Richardson I immediately began to wonder if Doug Baldwin's just asking for too much money, they're going to attempt to trade him, or let him play out the final year of his rookie deal for cheap and let him walk next off-season. I still think if a bigger receiver is there and is BPA on their board that they'll pull the trigger. I went to look at what guys were available still and decided to check the TE's as well and a name I had heard a couple times in the last couple of weeks caught my eye when I looked at his numbers...

Blake Annen, TE, Cincinatti - Anyone watched him themselves during a game rather than youtube clips and such? I see that at 6'4" 247lbs he ran a 4.41 40 which is rather impressive. Wondering where people have him rated because with that kind of speed, I'd think someone might be willing to pull the trigger if he even has shown just flashes.

Anyway, from what I see, guys we may draft at receiver still include Martavis Bryant, Brandon Coleman, Shaq Evans and Jeff Janis (that come to mind that is). At this stage, I'd LOVE to add Bryant to this team and with (3) 4th round picks, it would give us another big body who could fill the Sidney Rice role when he gets an injury again, lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOS; I had mentioned Howard Jones, LB/DE, Shepherd a while ago and am curious what you think about him possibly switching positions to backup Kam. I have a hard time being able to tell if Jones would be able to make that switch. At 6'3" 235lbs, he's the same size as Kam basically and ran a 4.54 40 IIRC. If drafting him worked out, it would be a nice addition and allow us to still field a huge backup if Kam ever goes down to injury (God Forbid). How likely do you feel this could be? I like Shead, but feel his size and speed combo is a tweener for our safety positions and if he is able, he'd be best as depth at corner & last resort at safety for us which would still be a solid "last resort".

Trying to find a guy who may be a 5th-7th round talent at their position that could possibly be more valuable if switched to safety. Only problem is that I'm not going to pretend that I know what to look for when evaluating a player for a position they're unfamiliar with. Kevin Pierre-Louis, Telvin Smith, Brandon Watts, Marquis Flowers, Nate Askew, etc. If you know of anyone else, lemme know. With safety being such an important aspect of this team, finding a couple more diamonds in the rough in the mid to late rounds would be a great insurance policy without tying up money bringing in solid veterans to 'ride the pine'. Finding those gems is easier said than done, but a position switch might be a great way to find it where other teams may not be considering.
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
PRich has the chance to become a special player for us. Our offense is going to be very interesting to watch with all of this speed on the field, especially once Michael starts getting more carries.

Richardson can be a better version of Hilton, but of course durability may become a question.

His 75 yarder against Arizona is insane. Shaq Richardson had the angle on him after the catch and he put on the burners like Harvin. It's unreal.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers killing the draft? Huh, Kiper?

They've gone full out derp with most of their picks. They could've had top 10 talent with all their picks but instead take a bunch of random depth? Carlos Hyde? Are you kidding me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: