Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tavon Austin has come on big time this year over the 2nd half of the season

One game composes a third of his production as a receiver. Outside of that, he's been Dexter McCluster/Ace Sanders, and may not be a top 5 receiver from this class.
i was never Austin's biggest fan, but the Rams OC is an idiot. He has no idea how to use him

How should he be used? Austin doesn't have a lot of experience playing outside, he lacks the top end speed and necessary strength to separate at the third level, he doesn't have strong hands, and doesn't possess the bulk/strength to consistently run routes across the middle of the field. He's an exciting player with great acceleration and elite quickness, but he's limited beyond that, and certainly wasn't worth his 1st round billing.
Idk about that at all man...

How often do you see him get over the top of the defense?
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I hope the team gives Alvin Bailey a chance to supplant Breno at the RT spot so we don't have to consider it a draft need.

How is it that every single year our philosophical differences about RT not being a 1st round need comes up?

Alvin Bailey could not beat out Michael Bowie for playing time at RT when Breno went down. And Bowie looked crappy at best. If anything Seattle would stick to Bowie as a backup RT and try Alvin inside at G.

I think both these guys deserve to be on the roster as depth but not in a fulltime starting position. Drafting a versatile OL in round 1or 2 would go far to help this team.

Zack Martin, David Yankey, James Hurst, Cyril Richardson.

Every year. SOS

Laughing Laughing

Probably because I'd prefer to utilize the resources we already have rather than use early round picks to do the same thing. I don't think Bailey was ever battling Bowie for the backup RT spot. It was pretty clear in the preseason that they wanted Bailey to be our security blanket at backup LT, whereas Bowie got almost all of his reps at RT. Now, the real question is, if Breno walks would the team entertain moving Bailey to starting RT to accommodate or simply add the position to their draft board? Being the offensive line enthusiast you claim to be, I think we can both agree that Bailey played excellent at LT in the preseason. It makes sense that with Okung's injury history the team would want someone in case of emergency, but I'd prefer to immediately make Bailey a starter. He played on the right side at Arkansas and clearly has the ability to play tackle, so I think it would be a pretty easy transition.

So...will the team do this? Sadly, probably not. But, that's why I said I "hope". If the team doesn't feel Bailey is the answer there, I'd be fine spending an early-ish pick on RT. I agree Bowie isn't the answer, but I think you're ignoring a really good player with a lot of potential on a team that has been known to get the most out of late round picks/UDFA's.

I'm actually in agreement with you on Bailey Playing well in preseason. Against 2s and 3s. But his arm length is short and his body type (height) makes me think he's more naturally an OG. Again I will admit that this FO has hit home runs in late rounds and UDFA. And I think both Bailey and Bowie need time to develop. Going from Breno to Bowie talent level was hard to watch. I will say that a tall WR like Jordan Matthews or Mike Evans would be my #1 choice this year.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If D Thomas is sitting there in the 4th round with the Eagles on the clock you can book it he's gone. He has a place in the NFL and he's bigger than McCluster and Austin in terms of height. 5'10 180lbs 4.3 speed is not too bad. He will light up the combine. Wouldn't even surprise me to see DAT go in the 3rd. He's special. Anyways, I'd like us to go OL and DT in either order 1st and 2nd. We really need a penetrating force up the middle. There on out, wouldn't mind getting a WR in the 4th and more LB/CB/OL depth to develop in later rounds

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"

Last edited by Ring Worm Sherm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tavon Austin has come on big time this year over the 2nd half of the season

One game composes a third of his production as a receiver. Outside of that, he's been Dexter McCluster/Ace Sanders, and may not be a top 5 receiver from this class.
i was never Austin's biggest fan, but the Rams OC is an idiot. He has no idea how to use him

How should he be used? Austin doesn't have a lot of experience playing outside, he lacks the top end speed and necessary strength to separate at the third level, he doesn't have strong hands, and doesn't possess the bulk/strength to consistently run routes across the middle of the field. He's an exciting player with great acceleration and elite quickness, but he's limited beyond that, and certainly wasn't worth his 1st round billing.
Idk about that at all man...

How often do you see him get over the top of the defense?

He's not asked to. He's a harvin type, get the ball in space closer to the LOS and go.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
If D Thomas is sitting there in the 4th round with the Eagles on the clock you can book it he's gone. He has a place in the NFL and he's bigger than McCluster and Austin in terms of height. 5'10 180lbs 4.3 speed is not too bad. He will light up the combine. Wouldn't even surprise me to see DAT go in the 3rd. He's special. Anyways, I'd like us to go OL and DT in either order 1st and 2nd. We really need a penetrating force up the middle. There on out, wouldn't mind getting a WR in the 4th and more LB/CB/OL depth to develop in later rounds
There's no way that boy is 180 right now Laughing Maybe by the combine he'll have thrown on some muscle

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think WR will end up being a big need after this season. Rice will probably be gone to sign earl. Tate is in the last year of his contract. Percy is not a sure thing at this point. Baldwin is in the last year of his rookie contract too i believe.

WINTER IS COMING
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I hope the team gives Alvin Bailey a chance to supplant Breno at the RT spot so we don't have to consider it a draft need.

How is it that every single year our philosophical differences about RT not being a 1st round need comes up?

Alvin Bailey could not beat out Michael Bowie for playing time at RT when Breno went down. And Bowie looked crappy at best. If anything Seattle would stick to Bowie as a backup RT and try Alvin inside at G.

I think both these guys deserve to be on the roster as depth but not in a fulltime starting position. Drafting a versatile OL in round 1or 2 would go far to help this team.

Zack Martin, David Yankey, James Hurst, Cyril Richardson.

Every year. SOS

Laughing Laughing

Probably because I'd prefer to utilize the resources we already have rather than use early round picks to do the same thing. I don't think Bailey was ever battling Bowie for the backup RT spot. It was pretty clear in the preseason that they wanted Bailey to be our security blanket at backup LT, whereas Bowie got almost all of his reps at RT. Now, the real question is, if Breno walks would the team entertain moving Bailey to starting RT to accommodate or simply add the position to their draft board? Being the offensive line enthusiast you claim to be, I think we can both agree that Bailey played excellent at LT in the preseason. It makes sense that with Okung's injury history the team would want someone in case of emergency, but I'd prefer to immediately make Bailey a starter. He played on the right side at Arkansas and clearly has the ability to play tackle, so I think it would be a pretty easy transition.

So...will the team do this? Sadly, probably not. But, that's why I said I "hope". If the team doesn't feel Bailey is the answer there, I'd be fine spending an early-ish pick on RT. I agree Bowie isn't the answer, but I think you're ignoring a really good player with a lot of potential on a team that has been known to get the most out of late round picks/UDFA's.

I'm actually in agreement with you on Bailey Playing well in preseason. Against 2s and 3s. But his arm length is short and his body type (height) makes me think he's more naturally an OG. Again I will admit that this FO has hit home runs in late rounds and UDFA. And I think both Bailey and Bowie need time to develop. Going from Breno to Bowie talent level was hard to watch. I will say that a tall WR like Jordan Matthews or Mike Evans would be my #1 choice this year.

I'll have to go back and look but I distinctly remember Bailey playing against 1's as well and still shining. With that said, I just don't think RT is an early round need. I'd like for the team to attempt to develop Bailey and Bowie and see what we have. I haven't looked at pending free agents, but if we could add a veteran for competition that'd be nice as well.

A big WR would be great. I'd also really, really like a guard because no one hates Sweezy more than I do. After that I think this team could also use a young interior pass rusher.

The great thing about the state of this team is that we should essentially be drafting BPA, just like we did with Christine Michael.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stacked as we are WR will be the only real need for this team and what I've been reading is it will be a pretty deep WR class. OG would be somewhat of a need considering McQ is done. Sweezy is back up material at best and Carp can't stay healthy more than 2 weeks. A versatility is key. If we go OL in 1-2 than that guy should be able to play all across the line.

Cyril Richardson is someone I've seen mocked to us time and time again. Being 350lbs is concerning but he is a mauler and would cost us a #1

Zack Martin is nothing flashy athletically but is technically sound and has the versatility that could play anywhere we would need.

James Hurst another guy I'd like to see us target. Has the mean streak cable loves but is mostly a Tackle prospect. Don't know much else about him.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to do more scouting on the offensive line, I generally spend the better part of this time looking at the skill positions. Definitely agree that OLine is something that will need to be improved this offseason.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we go o-line 2-5th, I really don't see it as a first round need unless there's a can't miss talent that drops. Grabbing Gabe Jackson after the 2nd would be ideal, as he can step in and start at RG immediately, has the versatility to play multiple positions, and the athleticism/upside combo the FO typically looks for.

Edit: And if we want to go RT, Seantrel Henderson and Morgan Moses are tremendous values at where their slotted.

This OL class is deep.
animaltested

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea of ASJ, Colt or Ebron joining th team. Bevell really like 2 te sets and the potential of a Wiilson plus one of them sounds amazing. The defense is fine, just needs more depth. Offensive line is decent. You can get good value on the 2nd or 3rd day.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Kasen is coming out ASJ is a different story though his production wasn't great but he would be one of the more talented TE's in this draft.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I doubt Kasen is coming out ASJ is a different story though his production wasn't great but he would be one of the more talented TE's in this draft.
I'd be completely shocked if ASJ didn't come out this year. He doesn't really stand to gain anything by going back to college

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they do something to improve the OL--through the draft or trades/free-agency. I feel like that's the biggest issue that could prevent them from winning it all--now and in the future. I think the Seahawks have been fortunate that Wilson didn't sustain a serious injury this season, and I feel like they rely too much on his scrambling--to insure his health and make the offense go. I'm going to be highly annoyed if he gets seriously hurt because of bad blocking.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done watching tape of Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro. I'm not nearly as impressed as some people are on this site and I don't really see a scenario where we'd take him (though I've certainly been wrong before).

He poses as an interesting mismatch threat as more of a "move" TE with his size, fluidity, and speed, but I don't see that playmaking ability that guys like Jordan Reed had coming out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: