Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Seahawks Official 2014 Big Board and Draft Discussion Thread Reply with quote

I've been searching for Seattle-centric big boards going into the 2014 draft but haven't been able to find much, so in order to generate some discussion I thought it'd be a good idea to create one ourselves for those prospects we believe there's a realistic possibility the FO may target, or any we like or decide would be good fit in the Hawks system.

It's early(still a lot of tape to watch), and therefore a work in progress, but this is where I'm at thus far. Draft grades are in parenthesis:

Seattle Seahawks 2014 Big Board - 1/6/14 update

QB -

RB - De’Anthony Thomas(5-6)

FB -

WR - Kelvin Benjamin(2), Jordan Matthews(2), Brandon Coleman(3-4), Donte Moncrief(3-4), L’Damian Washington(4-5)

TE - Eric Ebron(1), Austin S. Jenkins(1-2), Arthur Lynch(2), Colt Lyerla(3-4), Marcel Jensen(3-4)

OT - Antonio Richardson(1-2), La’el Collins(2), Juwuan James(3), Morgan Moses(3), Seantrel Henderson(4)

OG - Cyril Richardson(1-2), Xavier Su’a-Filo(2), Gabe Jackson(3), Brandon Linder(5), Brandon Thomas(5-6)

C -

DE - Kony Ealy(1-2), Jackson Jeffcoat(2-3), Marcus Smith(2-3), Larry Webster(5-6), Lynden Trail(6-7)

DT - RaShede Hageman(1), Da’Quan Jones(2), Timmy Jernigan(2), Dominique Easley(3-4), George Uko(3-4), DeAndre Coleman(5-6)

ILB - A.J. Johnson(4), Lamin Barrow(4), DeDe Lattimore(6)

OLB/Leo - Vic Beasley(1), Kyle Van Noy(2), Christian Jones(2-3), Ronald Powell(4-5), Boseko Lokombo(6)

CB - Keith McGill(3), Stanley Jean-Baptiste(4-5), Jaylen Watkins(5), Antone Exum(5-6)

FS - Avery Patterson(5), Elisha Olabode(7)

SS - Hakeem Smith(5)

Favorite Prospects:

1. Eric Ebron
2. Vic Beasley
3. RaShede Hageman
4. Kelvin Benjamin
5. Kony Ealy
6. Austin S. Jenkins
7. Da’Quan Jones
8. Dominique Easley
9. Christian Jones
10. Stanley Jean-Baptiste

HM - Morgan Moses

Any thoughts, critiques, or additions are welcome.

Last edited by Wee-Bey on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 am; edited 3 times in total
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I haven't been able to keep up with my draft thread at all. What a shame.

Really hope this team finds a way to land Eric Ebron.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Deanthony Thomas falls to the 6th-7th round.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole right side of our OL could use improvement.

I figure Breno is gone after this year so I assume we'll find someone there.

I don't think we get a TE unless it's later, Willson has done well, and Miller hopefully restructures but I read somewhere that his contract gets cheaper now.

Kempes

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the team gives Alvin Bailey a chance to supplant Breno at the RT spot so we don't have to consider it a draft need.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
The whole right side of our OL could use improvement.

I figure Breno is gone after this year so I assume we'll find someone there.

I don't think we get a TE unless it's later, Willson has done well, and Miller hopefully restructures but I read somewhere that his contract gets cheaper now.

I'm convinced we're content enough with our depth that we wont go OL early unless a talent like Kouandjio falls. Perhaps if we come up with a third, but not in the 1st/2nd. Given Pete and John's history, we're more likely to wait until the later rounds for a Gabe Jackson, Seantrel Henderson, or Morgan Moses. On day one, I suspect they'll be looking for potential replacements for one, or two of: Miller, Bryant, Rice, Clemons.

Im thinking a versatile/athletic DE prospect(Ealy-Hageman-Beasley), or a versatile/athletic TE prospect(Ebron-ASJ) in the first. If we go DL/Leo in the 1st and the TE talent is dried up at the bottom of the second, I wouldn't be shocked at receiver(KB-Landry) and someone like Lyerla in the 4th-5th.

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
There's no way Deanthony Thomas falls to the 6th-7th round.

Oregon skill position players don't have a precedent of success, and his size is also a detriment. I don't think Tavon Austin has helped him out any either.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin has come on big time this year over the 2nd half of the season

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low 4.3, possibly high 4.2 speed doesn't fall to the 6th round.

He's a bonafide return threat and can catch a football.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I hope the team gives Alvin Bailey a chance to supplant Breno at the RT spot so we don't have to consider it a draft need.

How is it that every single year our philosophical differences about RT not being a 1st round need comes up?

Alvin Bailey could not beat out Michael Bowie for playing time at RT when Breno went down. And Bowie looked crappy at best. If anything Seattle would stick to Bowie as a backup RT and try Alvin inside at G.

I think both these guys deserve to be on the roster as depth but not in a fulltime starting position. Drafting a versatile OL in round 1or 2 would go far to help this team.

Zack Martin, David Yankey, James Hurst, Cyril Richardson.

Every year. SOS

Laughing Laughing
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

One game composes a third of his production as a receiver. Outside of that, he's been Dexter McCluster/Ace Sanders, and may not be a top 5 receiver from this class.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

One game composes a third of his production as a receiver. Outside of that, he's been Dexter McCluster/Ace Sanders, and may not be a top 5 receiver from this class.
i was never Austin's biggest fan, but the Rams OC is an idiot. He has no idea how to use him

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

i was never Austin's biggest fan, but the Rams OC is an idiot. He has no idea how to use him

How should he be used? Austin doesn't have a lot of experience playing outside, he lacks the top end speed and necessary strength to separate at the third level, he doesn't have strong hands, and doesn't possess the bulk/strength to consistently run routes across the middle of the field. He's an exciting player with great acceleration and elite quickness, but he's limited beyond that, and certainly wasn't worth his 1st round billing.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

How should he be used? Austin doesn't have a lot of experience playing outside, he lacks the top end speed and necessary strength to separate at the third level, he doesn't have strong hands, and doesn't possess the bulk/strength to consistently run routes across the middle of the field. He's an exciting player with great acceleration and elite quickness, but he's limited beyond that, and certainly wasn't worth his 1st round billing.
Idk about that at all man...

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing Tavon doesn't lack, it's speed.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:

How is it that every single year our philosophical differences about RT not being a 1st round need comes up?

Alvin Bailey could not beat out Michael Bowie for playing time at RT when Breno went down. And Bowie looked crappy at best. If anything Seattle would stick to Bowie as a backup RT and try Alvin inside at G.

I think both these guys deserve to be on the roster as depth but not in a fulltime starting position. Drafting a versatile OL in round 1or 2 would go far to help this team.

Zack Martin, David Yankey, James Hurst, Cyril Richardson.

Every year. SOS

Laughing Laughing

Probably because I'd prefer to utilize the resources we already have rather than use early round picks to do the same thing. I don't think Bailey was ever battling Bowie for the backup RT spot. It was pretty clear in the preseason that they wanted Bailey to be our security blanket at backup LT, whereas Bowie got almost all of his reps at RT. Now, the real question is, if Breno walks would the team entertain moving Bailey to starting RT to accommodate or simply add the position to their draft board? Being the offensive line enthusiast you claim to be, I think we can both agree that Bailey played excellent at LT in the preseason. It makes sense that with Okung's injury history the team would want someone in case of emergency, but I'd prefer to immediately make Bailey a starter. He played on the right side at Arkansas and clearly has the ability to play tackle, so I think it would be a pretty easy transition.

So...will the team do this? Sadly, probably not. But, that's why I said I "hope". If the team doesn't feel Bailey is the answer there, I'd be fine spending an early-ish pick on RT. I agree Bowie isn't the answer, but I think you're ignoring a really good player with a lot of potential on a team that has been known to get the most out of late round picks/UDFA's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: