Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT: BAL Ravens @ DET Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's more mad?
Matt Elam... he hates old people.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Dez Bryant... he wants all the attention.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Calvin Johnson... Because he'll need a cain soon.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Jimmy Smith... Because he hasn't reached nickname status yet.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Packers fans... if we lose.
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

OOOH KILL EM JTUCK

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else a bit annoyed when they ran the montage of 'questionable calls' we've benefitted from? I understand that there are aggrieved fans on the other side of the other calls, but the fact that they had put together a clips package ready to roll the second we got away with PI was more than a little annoying, especially when they rushed through it providing no context so as to make a casual fan think that every important game we've ever won was on the backs of a bad call. Webb certainly got away with PI last night on that play in the end zone, but there are a lot of reasonable people and neutral fans who would agree that the Super Bowl play was a good no-call and that even if there was no PI on the Pitta play last week against MIN, illegal contact may have occurred earlier in the play (the part of the play that was not shown in their quick re-hash last night)... as for the 2 point conversion against PIT, that's not even debatable IMO... I don't see a real argument for PI occurring on that play.

They might all be debatable on their own but to put something like that together to not-so-subtly discredit the accomplishments of this team felt a bit disrespectful, and I'm not generally a fan of taking that sort of stance - I've just never seen them paint such a broad picture of a franchise in that way as being built off of questionable decisions as if we're the first team to ever have seen a call go our way.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Anyone else a bit annoyed when they ran the montage of 'questionable calls' we've benefitted from? I understand that there are aggrieved fans on the other side of the other calls, but the fact that they had put together a clips package ready to roll the second we got away with PI was more than a little annoying, especially when they rushed through it providing no context so as to make a casual fan think that every important game we've ever won was on the backs of a bad call. Webb certainly got away with PI last night on that play in the end zone, but there are a lot of reasonable people and neutral fans who would agree that the Super Bowl play was a good no-call and that even if there was no PI on the Pitta play last week against MIN, illegal contact may have occurred earlier in the play (the part of the play that was not shown in their quick re-hash last night)... as for the 2 point conversion against PIT, that's not even debatable IMO... I don't see a real argument for PI occurring on that play.

They might all be debatable on their own but to put something like that together to not-so-subtly discredit the accomplishments of this team felt a bit disrespectful, and I'm not generally a fan of taking that sort of stance - I've never seen them paint such a broad picture of a franchise in that way as being built off of questionable decisions as if we're the first team to ever have seen a call go our way.

I thought it was pretty lame (especially when they don't show bogus calls we've had against us in the past).

But, the media always needs to paint a story and when you're the defending champs, you're typically in the middle of it somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone mildly concerned over flaccos knee? I fear we get reports soon that he woke up and his knee was swollen over 2x normal size or something crazy. I know he said he was fine and obviously didn't tear anything but a sprain is possible. Let's just hope he doesn't miss any games!!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some serious saltiness going on in the NFL Gen thread right now.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker's wikipedia page got an update last night:

BlaqOptic wrote:
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

OOOH KILL EM JTUCK

The expression on the far right. Oh me, oh my. Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
Anyone mildly concerned over flaccos knee? I fear we get reports soon that he woke up and his knee was swollen over 2x normal size or something crazy. I know he said he was fine and obviously didn't tear anything but a sprain is possible. Let's just hope he doesn't miss any games!!

A little but luckily it doesnt appear that anything is severely torn. At worst, I think we may see him hobbled a little (similar to Peyton's ankle) to the point where he's taped up and a pain shot before the game if necessary, but based on his abilities after coming back in, I don't think it keeps him out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay guys, if Flacco goes down, we still got TMobile to lead us to the promise land! Cool

BlaqOptic wrote:
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
mddeckie wrote:

A little but luckily it doesnt appear that anything is severely torn. At worst, I think we may see him hobbled a little (similar to Peyton's ankle) to the point where he's taped up and a pain shot before the game if necessary, but based on his abilities after coming back in, I don't think it keeps him out.

I think the fact that he went back in the game is enough for me to feel comfortable. If there were any real issue I think that Steve Bisciotti would be down on the sideline personally wheeling Joe around in a wheelchair.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

They might all be debatable on their own but to put something like that together to not-so-subtly discredit the accomplishments of this team felt a bit disrespectful, and I'm not generally a fan of taking that sort of stance - I've just never seen them paint such a broad picture of a franchise in that way as being built off of questionable decisions as if we're the first team to ever have seen a call go our way.

That 2 point conversion isn't debatable. He didn't really make contact with him or the ball, which is where the turning to the ball/faceguarding comes into play, rather the WR just dropped it.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
mddeckie wrote:

I think the fact that he went back in the game is enough for me to feel comfortable. If there were any real issue I think that Steve Bisciotti would be down on the sideline personally wheeling Joe around in a wheelchair.

That in itself wasn't something that comforted me last night. I still remember Philip Rivers playing the AFCCG 5 years ago and then learning afterwards that he had torn his ACL during the game. Flacco could have easily wrecked his knee and not realized the full extent of the damage until after the game.

However, the word today has been encouraging:

Quote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 48m
Ravens QB Joe Flacco left knee injury not considered serious. No MRI scheduled at this time for reigning Super Bowl MVP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

That 2 point conversion isn't debatable. He didn't really make contact with him or the ball, which is where the turning to the ball/faceguarding comes into play, rather the WR just dropped it.

Beyond that, Calvin was a good yard or so out of bounds anyways.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I think they were talking about the 2 pt conversion against Pittsburgh Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I think they were talking about the 2 pt conversion against Pittsburgh Wink

OH...

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: