Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks (11-2) @ Giants (5-8): Final road game till the SB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finchy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Our offense has been real bad, yet we are 23-0 up.

Yup Wilson is over throwing guys the offensive line was terrible at the start of the game this defense is playing insane though lol.

Luckily we'll be at home during the playoffs.

I read a book a week, so...
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the offense was horrible. Early on we came up just short but were driving. Had to punt on times where we could've gone for it, but Pete knew the defense was playing well so he played it safe and got field position.

With TB losing, looks like we'll be locking up that #1 seed and NFC West next week.

Kempes

#JDI
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching Eli's press conference and he's sounding a lot like mr Mackey... Picks are bad... Mmmkay...
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense wasn't that great. Russell has been sailing his throws a little and I'm uncomfortable with the deep shots he takes to guys not named Tate. I think we could've got the running game going if we needed it.

The D was incredible today. No one out there had a bad game. I know Sherman and Maxwell each had two picks, and they played great football, but Lane was everywhere. We have such a knack for drafting DB's.

The pass rush was really good today too. Bennett was an animal

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the majority of people thinking we need to draft a top tier CB in next years draft I'm inclined to disagree. Maxwell and lane are both very underrated. Even if we lose Browner and WT3 in FA. I think these 2 guys step up and we are still the best secondary in the league. I'd rather Seattle draft an OL (big surprise I know) and a DT. This team is probably the best coached team in the NFL.

Great win. Now a month long home schedule.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
With the majority of people thinking we need to draft a top tier CB in next years draft I'm inclined to disagree. Maxwell and lane are both very underrated. Even if we lose Browner and WT3 in FA. I think these 2 guys step up and we are still the best secondary in the league. I'd rather Seattle draft an OL (big surprise I know) and a DT. This team is probably the best coached team in the NFL.

Great win. Now a month long home schedule.
Definitely not something you've heard on this board. I agree with you, I'd take a guy in the 4th/5th/6th just to continue to build our depth.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more win and we have the #1 seed and division. Awesome feeling. Great defensive performance. Imagine the offense clicking with the D playing like they did.

That would be a great show.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't get the freaking day off from work. First game I have missed in 3 years. At least I was able to watch bits and pieces of it at work. Saw Sherm's Ints and one of Maxwell's. Saw Beast Mode going Beast in the Receiving game. But didn't see much else.

Who looked good and who looked bad??

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Couldn't get the freaking day off from work. First game I have missed in 3 years. At least I was able to watch bits and pieces of it at work. Saw Sherm's Ints and one of Maxwell's. Saw Beast Mode going Beast in the Receiving game. But didn't see much else.

Like Tats said, no one really stood out as looking bad. Sweezy was his normal self though. Kam Chancellor was another guy that I thought really showed up today. All of the DBs had an exceptional game in all honesty. Michael Bennett was relentless today. He's probably the pickup that has put this defense over the top from last year.

Jon Beason was a man though. Not often do you see a guy consistently take down Marshawn Lynch in the open field and he did it a number of times. He is still very good for only fetching a 5th round pick in return.

Oh and Golden Tate could've had a much bigger game but let like 3 balls go off his hands.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blowouts are getting boring to watch, I can't lie.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Like Tats said, no one really stood out as looking bad. Sweezy was his normal self though. Kam Chancellor was another guy that I thought really showed up today. All of the DBs had an exceptional game in all honesty. Michael Bennett was relentless today. He's probably the pickup that has put this defense over the top from last year.

Jon Beason was a man though. Not often do you see a guy consistently take down Marshawn Lynch in the open field and he did it a number of times. He is still very good for only fetching a 5th round pick in return.

Oh and Golden Tate could've had a much bigger game but let like 3 balls go off his hands.

We really need to lock Bennett up soon. If we let him see the FA Market this year he might get expensive.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Blowouts are getting boring to watch, I can't lie.

Shutouts are ridiculously entertaining for me, love seeing the defense dominate

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense is now #1 in:

-Total Yards
-Interceptions
-Turnovers Forced
-Punt Return Yards Allowed

E.L.I.T.E.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense put on an absolute clinic today. That was beautiful. I think we could have put up some more points if Tate catches those passes he usually hauls in with ease. Thank goodness we play at home here on out. Offense is always on point at home.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense looked savage yesterday, but let's face it, the Giants O-line is dreadful. They have 5 guys who look like JR Sweezy out there. Eli is probably in legitimate fear for his life or at the least his post career brain scans.

Bennett was great, his Ravishing Rick Rude impersonation was a little too much for my brain to process, I might have CTE if I have to see that ever again.

The secondary, to a man, was in lockdown mode all day. Jeremy Lane was the standout for me, but a lot of that has to do with his special teams play. He was absolutely relentless.

Jon Ryan was more effective this week than last. I thought the punt that was returned for a whole 4 yards should've been brought back on a holding call as well. Dude was grabbing Kearse's jersey the last 5 yards he was closing in on the returner.

On the flip side, offense was very mediocre. O-line was weak early on. McQuistan and Sweezy were turnstiles...again. I thought the offense did make a least one nice adjustment when they started attacking the middle of the field in the pass game, that's about it though. Russell was above average but certainly not great yesterday. His INT throw was not only a bad throw but a bad decision. He doesn't make a ton of them, but he does do it once in a while. Maybe Eli rubbed off on him a little.

Overall, I thought this was a good game. Certainly I wish the offense would have been a bit more productive, but the D showed up big time and the offense did more than enough to make this game un-competitive. Special teams was really good as well.

Now this team gets to come home for at least a month, if not a little longer if they can handle their business throughout the playoffs.

In response to a question that was posed in another thread about which teams scare us in the playoffs. I would answer that they all do. This is the playoffs, every team that makes it has a chance to do damage and they all have strengths they can exploit. That said, I feel really good about this team when they're at home and they've proven that they are the best team in the NFC through their consistent effort and results. If they handle their business and get home field advantage they are going to be a scary team to face.

Sheldon Cooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: