You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Pre-Draft Rumors/Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: 2014 Pre-Draft Rumors/Discussion Thread Reply with quote



With the current prospects thread about to hit 100 pages and the draft around two weeks ago, I think it is time to create a thread focused on reports and discussion about what the Jets will do in the draft.


Here is the first rumor:

According to David Thomas, the Jets want to take a big play WR in the first round and Keith McGill in the second round. He also reports that the 49ers could try to trade up to 12-17 for Odell Beckham Jr. That would be unfortunate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5586
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 25 year old rookie CB? IDK anything about dood.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
A 25 year old rookie CB? IDK anything about dood.
Yep, not a fan. He's also very raw.

Maybe if he was 3-4 years younger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pvsports9


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 1536
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
A 25 year old rookie CB? IDK anything about dood.
Yep, not a fan. He's also very raw.

Maybe if he was 3-4 years younger.



I've never seen a corner avoid contact like him...it's almost impressive

I'd much rather go SJB if we're going big

or Dontae Johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
A 25 year old rookie CB? IDK anything about dood.
Yep, not a fan. He's also very raw.

Maybe if he was 3-4 years younger.



I've never seen a corner avoid contact like him...it's almost impressive

I'd much rather go SJB if we're going big

or Dontae Johnson

I like Johnson the best of three just for the pure fact that he's not 24-25 years old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10729
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised we're linked to McGill. Idzik is trying to mold us into the Seahawks. Said from day 1, I still think we will go after Telvin Smith to be our Kam Chancellor.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8923
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Idzik wanting SJB but not McGill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5586
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're set on McGill, might as well trade up for Watkins and try for McGill in round 3.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3842
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
If we're set on McGill, might as well trade up for Watkins and try for McGill in round 3.


I love the idea of snagging Watkins but I think he'll go top 5 and that most likely means two 1sts and a 2nd to get up that high, that's something I don't think I'm okay with doing. We'll see how I feel once the board shapes up but I like the idea of BPA throughout and hold onto our picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footballboss24


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 1354
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may require to trade up but i am seeing van noy falling in draft that guy is going to be a STUD i would love to trade up to end of second begining of third to get him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 3150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:
it may require to trade up but i am seeing van noy falling in draft that guy is going to be a STUD i would love to trade up to end of second begining of third to get him


no need to trade up for Van Noy, we already have starters at those positions, id rather not move up for a guy at a position we only need a developmental guy in.

Take WR in the 1st and then trade up in the 2nd for a CB or TE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footballboss24


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 1354
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:
it may require to trade up but i am seeing van noy falling in draft that guy is going to be a STUD i would love to trade up to end of second begining of third to get him


no need to trade up for Van Noy, we already have starters at those positions, id rather not move up for a guy at a position we only need a developmental guy in.

Take WR in the 1st and then trade up in the 2nd for a CB or TE.


noy would start over pace very quickly and i mean after we take a wr round 1 te round two
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:
it may require to trade up but i am seeing van noy falling in draft that guy is going to be a STUD i would love to trade up to end of second begining of third to get him


no need to trade up for Van Noy, we already have starters at those positions, id rather not move up for a guy at a position we only need a developmental guy in.

Take WR in the 1st and then trade up in the 2nd for a CB or TE.


noy would start over pace very quickly and i mean after we take a wr round 1 te round two

Pace is fine for the next year or two. I'd prefer to get someone who is younger and has a higher ceiling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10873
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGill passes the eye test, I haven't watched much of him but I'm sure Rex can mold him into something. Main issue I have is age, and that's a pretty sizable issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=1082213

Debbie suggests Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee, and Eric Ebron as possibilities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group