Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How you wanna carry it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: How you wanna carry it? Reply with quote

Crucial 3 games coming up with our playoff hopes still alive and well. Meaningful games across the league can affect if the Ravens make the playoffs and if we can still win the division. With that said, how would you like it to go down?

- Steelers over Bengals
This means that if we win the next two, Week 17 will be for the division and that means some poor soul coming to The Vault to face judgement.

- Bengals over Steelers
This will just about lock up the division for the Bengals and would mean Week 17 doesn't mean a thing to them unless they want to troll the Ravens and try and knock them out of the offs if they already aren't.

I didn't add the other wildcard teams because I think they're going to implode and self-destruct. I'm definitely an NE fan this week. But as the question goes... how you wanna carry it? How do you want this thing to go?

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather the Steelers win and us play for our division.

But honestly, as long as we just win, that's all that I really care about. We control our own destiny.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pulling for the way that gets us the No.2 seed and first-round bye. Laughing

The most unrealistic thing that has to happen in order to have it happen is Buffalo has to upset NE week 17. This is what else has to happen, Miami and Pittsburgh have to beat NE and Cincy this week, Baltimore has to take care of Detriot, then beat NE and Cincy the last two weeks. So, in short, we have to run the table, New England has to lose out, and Cincinnati must lose to Pittsburgh (or Minnesota next week) this week.

P.S. Indy has to lose at least lose one more game too

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
nevermore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New England is obvious. A Miami loss coupled with a Ravens win would be huge. The Dolphins would then have to go 2-0 and the Ravens 0-2 for Baltimore to miss the playoffs.

Also, I'd prefer a Bengals win. For the Ravens to have a chance at the division they'd have to run the table, which would guarantee them a playoff spot anway.
And although it's not likely, 8-8 could be enough to make the playoffs. The Ravens would have the tie-breaker over every team except the Steelers. The Chargers have the Broncos away, and the Jets have the Panthers away - both should teams lose those games and get to 8-8 at best.
That leaves us hoping the Dolphins lose to both the Patriots and Buffalo (road game). Not extremely likely, but possible.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, I hope we win out. That's the most important thing. Next, I hope the Steelers and whoever else play the Bengals give us the help we need to win the division miraculously.

Those are the two things I want to happen.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
I'm pulling for the way that gets us the No.2 seed and first-round bye. Laughing

The most unrealistic thing that has to happen in order to have it happen is Buffalo has to upset NE week 17. This is what else has to happen, Miami and Pittsburgh have to beat NE and Cincy this week, Baltimore has to take care of Detriot, then beat NE and Cincy the last two weeks. So, in short, we have to run the table, New England has to lose out, and Cincinnati must lose to Pittsburgh (or Minnesota next week) this week.

P.S. Indy has to lose at least lose one more game too

Agreed. If we're going to do this thing, I'd prefer to do it right.

It's a tight playoff race, so us winning out will likely be a necessity FTMP. Whether we want to win the division for the home game or to just make the playoffs.

So why not want a bye week to rest up after all of that?

But realistically, I'm hoping for the division. I don't expect New England to lose out because they lost Gronk. They were winning games competitively before he returned. He just gave them the edge to dominate offensively. So realistically, I just want that home game to give the team a taste of what playoff football is all about (as the 2013-14 team) before having to go on the road to face a legit contender in their house. And if we make it past that challenge suddenly we're battle tested on the road and ready to go against the next great threat on the road.

But more than anything, I don't care how we do it. Whether as the 3rd seed or the 6th seed. I want Flacco to get another ring... because it would mean all the Flacco haters calling him the most overpaid QB in the league, a bottom 5 option, and the bane of our team... will be forced to eat huge amounts of crow... until their next great declaration that the Ravens will fall apart because they'll be losing Arthur Jones, Jacoby Jones, and Daryl Smith to FA, three key players in winning the ring... how can Ozzie replace such high talents?! No way the 2014 Ravens are even competitive! Brick wall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two things I want to see this Sunday are wins by the Steelers and the Patriots.

Now please excuse me while I go light myself on fire.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bengals win, then I would actually want them to win the following week, as I think they would rest their starters if the game ends up being meaningless to their playoff chances. I guess that could be predicated on what happens with the Pats (them losing a game in there could make their seed vulnerable).

According to this [url=http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/ravensmig.html/site[/url], the most important games/results to our playoff odds are as follows (note that the actual % odds include projections, but the impact or change in odds as a result of single games is meaningful):

Ravens over Lions
Patriots over Dolphins
Panthers over Jets
Broncos over Chargers
Cardinals over Titans
Steelers over Bengals*
Bills over Jaguars
Raiders over Chiefs
Bears over Browns
Colts over Texans

*I think this one is not higher because we are already seen as longshots in the projections to win the division, so the offsetting force of keeping the Steelers, another WC contender, alive hurts the impact of the result a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
The two things I want to see this Sunday are wins by the Steelers and the Patriots.

Now please excuse me while I go light myself on fire.

When you put it like that, it's a horrible situation, having to root for those teams. Mad

But, at least we can take comfort in the Steelers being able to achieve nothing but helping their arch-rivals make the playoffs, and potentially win the division, for the third year in a row.

The Patriots? Eh, they can do what they like, the Ravens will still beat them in the playoffs if they meet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Peyton Manning is so annoying. Now we got San Diego breathing down our freaking neck.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Ugh, Peyton Manning is so annoying. Now we got San Diego breathing down our freaking neck.

Meh... I'm only disapointed that Manning didn't end up with more TD passes. I want him to smash that record. I wanted him to get to 56/57 TD passes to tie/surpass Marino's mark of improvement over the previous TD record... but now with two games left he'd need 8 or 9 TD passes to accomplish that feat. Though the positive... losing to the Chargers ensures that the Broncos will have to play hard their final two games to lock up HFA and the bye because the Chiefs and Patriots could tie their record and/or remain on their heels. So that means at Texans in a warm climate he should ball out and hopefully drop 4/5 TD passes on them. And then at Raiders (though could be Windy), another warm climate... hopefully he can drop another 4/5 TD passes there to earn the bye... and the record.

EDIT: Which is to go off topic to say, we continue to win, we control our own fate. I don't care about wishing other wildcard contenders to lose... because if we win then we're golden. We can't pass the Broncos anyway, so as long as Manning gets that TD record, I don't really care how they play to end the season.

Now the Patriots and Bengals, I do want them to lose. Their losing offers us a chance at something. It offers us a chance to claim the division crown/home game and potentially a first round bye+ home game. I doubt the Patriots lose out, but with Dalton at QB, I definitely think the Bengals have a chance to. So I'm not rooting for them at any opportunity.

I choose to root for the scenario that trusts the Ravens to take care of business and win their games. I'll only vote for a contenders loss if they're not facing the Patriots or Bengals... and/or we drop a game and end up in a tie scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we own the tiebreaker over San Diego?

And is there any team behind us that owns the tiebreaker over us?

Also, and this is just my opinion, I'd rather play the colts on the road in the first round rather than play the Broncos/Chiefs at home. Road Warrior mentality.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenV32 wrote:

Also, and this is just my opinion, I'd rather play the colts on the road in the first round rather than play the Broncos/Chiefs at home. Road Warrior mentality.

Yes. They need to win out and have both Baltimore and Miami go 1-2 in order to get in.

I'm not sure if any team behind us owns a tiebreaker but besides Miami and San Diego who else is there to worry about?

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenV32 wrote:

I'll easily take the home game. We'll likely have to play either Denver or Kansas City at some point in the playoffs anyway, I'd much rather the road go through Baltimore.

And with the cold weather and conditions we've been getting that could impact Manning's ability to pass the football and thus increase our chances further. And Kansas City is a tough team and Arrowhead is a tough place to win in. They matched up well with us even before they improved this season. I'll easily take that team at home considering the fact we likely would have to play them anyway. That and I just love getting the chance to send our team off into the playoffs with a homegame win and something for them to remember the fans by.

That and I think the Colts are going to be a much better playoff team than they're showing now. Luck is a guy that can avoid sacks and they commit to the running game. I expect Pees to ramp the defense back up and to see them look improved. They played us tough last year and I'd argue that team is a more capable team this season.

Lastly, it's just incredibly difficult to win 3 games on the road and then to win the SB on top of that. I understand a home game is no gimmie, but I'd still take our chances at home dealing with adversity over our chances on the road with a lessened run game and whatever else we'll have to face.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
StevenV32 wrote:

Yes. They need to win out and have both Baltimore and Miami go 1-2 in order to get in.

I'm not sure if any team behind us owns a tiebreaker but besides Miami and San Diego who else is there to worry about?

Yup, but that's why I'm not particularly worried about the Chargers winning. Just provides that much extra incentive to the Ravens to keep the pressure on themselves to execute and win. And this team is always a better team... under fire. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: