Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles18

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Don't like the first 3 draft picks. Rounds 4-7 are good.
Sam Shields probably isn't going anywhere, which is why you will see me mock us signing Tracy Porter when I do my mocks with FA signings.

I'll take Cary Williams over Tracy Porter

We already know I won't.

Williams had a pretty rough start as a Eagle but these last couple games he has really improved. I think along with the Defense gelling, Williams is coming more accustomed to the scheme and played well.

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Sam Shields probably isn't going anywhere, which is why you will see me mock us signing Tracy Porter when I do my mocks with FA signings.

We already know I won't.

Williams had a pretty rough start as a Eagle but these last couple games he has really improved. I think along with the Defense gelling, Williams is coming more accustomed to the scheme and played well.

He really hasn't improved tho. The pass rush has improved and he hasn't been caught tugging on jerseys lately, but he still does it. Cary would be getting beat like a drum if the front 7 wasn't playing improved football.
Also, Trent Cole has not had a good season. He has had a good stretch of games the last 3 or 4 weeks or so, but not a good season.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Greenberry, K Fackrell, R Mueller, S Mouhon, E McCarthy
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

We already know I won't.

He really hasn't improved tho. The pass rush has improved and he hasn't been caught tugging on jerseys lately, but he still does it. Cary would be getting beat like a drum if the front 7 wasn't playing improved football.
Also, Trent Cole has not had a good season. He has had a good stretch of games the last 3 or 4 weeks or so, but not a good season.

I agree about Williams.

I don't agree about Cole at all. He started slow for sure (as did everyone on our defense), but he has been our best rusher over the last 5 weeks or so and is still top notch at setting the edge against the run. He has arguably been our best defensive player since our defense started showing up.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

We already know I won't.

I agree about Williams.

I don't agree about Cole at all. He started slow for sure (as did everyone on our defense), but he has been our best rusher over the last 5 weeks or so and is still top notch at setting the edge against the run. He has arguably been our best defensive player since our defense started showing up.

5 good weeks out of 13 is not a good season.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Greenberry, K Fackrell, R Mueller, S Mouhon, E McCarthy
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

We already know I won't.

I agree about Williams.

5 good weeks out of 13 is not a good season.

I said he has been our best pass rusher over the last 5 weeks and IIRC he actually was getting good pressure against DAllas/NYG as well just couldn't close the sacks. Either way, it was going to take him some time to adjust to a new system, as it would seem it took some time for our whole defense to adjust. I'm certainly not an advocate of trading him especially if it is for an essentially worthless 5th round pick. He is playing better than that compensation level.

eagles18

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF ranks him as the #1 OLB against the run and the #4 overall OLB.. Cole is a stud

He started a little slow but remember he had his hand in the dirt his entire career

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
PFF ranks him as the #1 OLB against the run and the #4 overall OLB.. Cole is a stud

He started a little slow but remember he had his hand in the dirt his entire career

Well, unfortunately, people always just look at OLB and DEs as pressure guys. It is why Trent Cole generally flies under the radar, throughout his career he has consistently been one of the best at setting the edge and playing the run. His ability to stymy LTs at the point of attack and penetrate is a huge reason why guys like Ryans and Kendricks can come in and clean up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: