Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Free Agent Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
DaCDiggity wrote:
how bout Michael Griffin? he could be a cap casualty in TEN and i would love for him to be a Reclamation project for Zimmer

or Jonathan Vilma as a stopgap at LB for a year or 2?

There are some players regardless of the Vikings needs I don't ever want to see in a Vikings uniform. He's one of them.

Definitely agreed. I kind of felt that way when we signed Remi Ayodele, too (remember that guy? Probably Spielman's worst ever FA signing).

Peppers90 on the sig.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayodele wasn't his worst FA signing. There was no guaranteed money in the deal.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^At least Carlson has contributed late in the season. Ayodele was a monstrous net negative on the field. Awful evaluation of what an FA brings to your team.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
^At least Carlson has contributed late in the season. Ayodele was a monstrous net negative on the field. Awful evaluation of what an FA brings to your team.

It might have been a sound evaluation if you consider that they didnt pay him any guaranteed money. Sure he didnt work out but at least MN evaluated Ayodele as a player who wasnt worth guaranteed money.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

It might have been a sound evaluation if you consider that they didnt pay him any guaranteed money. Sure he didnt work out but at least MN evaluated Ayodele as a player who wasnt worth guaranteed money.

Right, but one could argue that signing him at all was downright foolish. The fallout proves that.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Right, but one could argue that signing him at all was downright foolish. The fallout proves that.

In hindsight, you can surely make that argument.

However, Ayodele was a solid rotational piece. At the time, MN was in need of Pat Williams replacement. If I recall, the Nose Tackle market was pretty thin that year. It was a calculated risk. Given that Nose Tackles tend to have a longer learning curve, they were banking on him turning the corner. Given that the deal contained no guarantees, it could have been worse.

John Carlson was, in my opinion, the worst signing that this team has made since 2009. Carlson was a major health risk, and MN signed him to a deal that paid him pretty hefty guarantees. It also didnt make much sense when you consider the fact that the Vikes had Kyle Rudolph as the inline Tight End. The Vikings needed a back side TE, or someone who can play the flex role, and Carlson/Rudolph essentially could only fit one spot. Which is why we have only seen Carlson produce when Rudolph has been out of the lineup.

Spielman's free agency track record is questionable, if he isnt getting a top tier guy. I hope MN can land one top tier free agent and middle tier player. Two definite starters in free agency for the defense would really open things up on draft day.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons release Asante Samuel, willing to give this guy a chance? Or is he just a big name that's washed up? I haven't seen him play in a while.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Falcons release Asante Samuel, willing to give this guy a chance? Or is he just a big name that's washed up? I haven't seen him play in a while.

Eh, I know Zim has done wonders for older FA DBs in the past but Samuel is 33 and was being outplayed by rookies Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford this year. Pass.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

Eh, I know Zim has done wonders for older FA DBs in the past but Samuel is 33 and was being outplayed by rookies Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford this year. Pass.

Yup, plus free agents have to be approved by Spielman too. And Samuel is definitely not a Spielman sort of move, unless it's on the cheap for the most part.

GH88B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

Id be more interested in nicholas who the falcons also released, samuels release was due to a higher salary and his play had fallen off, nicholas was still a good starter but the falcons found 2 diamond in the roughs a lot younger and decided to roll with them than pay nicholas. He can play olb for us for 3-4 more years and pave the way for hodges
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Danario) Alexander had reconstructive surgery on his knee in August and has spent the months since rehabbing the injury. However, Alexander has since required a second surgery to repair the knee.

According to Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Alexander had a secondary ACL surgery in January that has delayed the timetable of his return to the field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/danario-alexander-has-second-acl-surgery-on-injured-knee/

That's too bad, I think my interest in him is now completely gone.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is Soliai the top FA NT?

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is Shaun Prater a FA?

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
is Shaun Prater a FA?

Nope. He's never actually been cut, so he's still on his rookie deal. He's been claimed on waivers, twice.
VikesGuy07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
DaCDiggity wrote:
is Shaun Prater a FA?

Nope. He's never actually been cut, so he's still on his rookie deal. He's been claimed on waivers, twice.

Another guy who came in and almost instantly played better than the guy that was ahead of him on the depth chart. He was really good those last few games. If the Vikings go into next season like this:

Rhodes
FA/draft
Prater
Sherels
Robinson/other pick-up

I'm actually feeling pretty decent.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 43 of 103

Jump to: