Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Free Agent Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Browner is an unrestricted free agent, his year on IR with the Broncos in 2005 counts as an accrued season.

No tenders involved with him.
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Hakeem Nicks? He's going to be gone from NY, and could possibly be that vertical guy that Norv likes. I may be wrong here, but Nicks has been held back by Manning's inconsistency protecting the football. I know there are other needs that we have, but just wanted to throw some new names out there.

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boibreezy wrote:
Robbroy45 wrote:
Boibreezy wrote:
I think Brandon Browner could be a sneaky pickup. He won't be a hot commodity with the suspensions and age. But he could be a good stopgap while we draft a corner later to develop. The size with of him and Rhodes on the outside would be great

I would agree, but if the Seahawks tender him anything other than original round, which I doubt they will, just saying it in case it does happen, he wouldn't be worth it. Plus, why bother signing someone if they're going to be suspended for a quarter or half the season

I would take half a season of him than a whole season of what we have had!

But on another note, I think Chris Cook would be a good resign. He seems better fit for the press man style that Zimmer runs and has size you cant teach. Plus he is always in good position, just not making plays on the ball.

I believe that the Vikes ran more press last year than they ever have (i could be wrong), and Cook had his worst season to date. I think he is actually a better zone. Sure Cook is often in good position, but he has major issues playing the ball and it seems its apparent that he get lost when trailing a receiver down field. He focuses so much on the receiver where he loses sight of everything around him.
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkavikes27 wrote:
What about Hakeem Nicks? He's going to be gone from NY, and could possibly be that vertical guy that Norv likes. I may be wrong here, but Nicks has been held back by Manning's inconsistency protecting the football. I know there are other needs that we have, but just wanted to throw some new names out there.

Nah. He's just a name, hasn't shown any semblance of being a very good player in a while. Oft-injured. Just signed Jennings. Rather add a vertical threat via the draft.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Brandon Browner is an unrestricted free agent, his year on IR with the Broncos in 2005 counts as an accrued season.

That's what I get for trusting Walterfootball...

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
tonkavikes27 wrote:

Nah. He's just a name, hasn't shown any semblance of being a very good player in a while. Oft-injured. Just signed Jennings. Rather add a vertical threat via the draft.
kind of what i was thinking. I know he has had some injuries in the past that have probably had him deteriorate a little bit. Didnt know if he fit that mold of that outside guy.

Would much rather spend the money on someone of the caliber of Alterraun Verner, Greg Hardy, if we are going to spend the money that is.

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkavikes27 wrote:

Would much rather spend the money on someone of the caliber of Alterraun Verner, Greg Hardy, if we are going to spend the money that is.

ohhh we'll spend the money(i know what you meant) if I'm not mistaken don't teams have to spend like 89% or 90% of all their cap this offseason

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be a fan of bringing in Lions DE Willie Young (UFA IIRC) on a 2-3 year deal. Like his skill set. Would take some pressure off of us to draft a rookie DE expected to play an important backup role right away.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout Michael Griffin? he could be a cap casualty in TEN and i would love for him to be a Reclamation project for Zimmer

or Jonathan Vilma as a stopgap at LB for a year or 2?

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
tonkavikes27 wrote:

ohhh we'll spend the money(i know what you meant) if I'm not mistaken don't teams have to spend like 89% or 90% of all their cap this offseason

Yeah I fully expect them to spend some money. I really think that they are going to bring in at least one highly priced FA, and a couple of smaller reserve roles.

Jshow i like your idea of Willie Young. He could be a good rotational pass rusher on this team

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
how bout Michael Griffin? he could be a cap casualty in TEN and i would love for him to be a Reclamation project for Zimmer

or Jonathan Vilma as a stopgap at LB for a year or 2?

There are some players regardless of the Vikings needs I don't ever want to see in a Vikings uniform. He's one of them.
french t0ast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Sidney Rice likely will be cut by Seattle Seahawks"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323773/article/sidney-rice-likely-will-be-cut-by-seattle-seahawks

What are your guys' thoughts on a possible return to Minnesota and how he would fit in Turner's offense?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

That's what I get for trusting Walterfootball...

Yeah, they tend to be.... How to put this delicately... Idiots.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should go after Donald Butler hard. He fits the Zimmer defense, and he's still very young.

down but not out. I still believe!
Sir Fobos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

french t0ast wrote:
Quote:
"Sidney Rice likely will be cut by Seattle Seahawks"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323773/article/sidney-rice-likely-will-be-cut-by-seattle-seahawks

What are your guys' thoughts on a possible return to Minnesota and how he would fit in Turner's offense?

Sid is talented, but I'd rule him out as an option based on his extensive injury history. I don't think I'd waste a roster spot on him for even veteran minimum salary just because he'd rarely see the field.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 42 of 103

Jump to: