Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Free Agent Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see us targeting a non-flashy veteran like Tarell Brown. I would be all for that, FWIW.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I still see us targeting a non-flashy veteran like Tarell Brown. I would be all for that, FWIW.

Definitely the most likely option. Brown should get around five million per year and would be a nice veteran option. Or Nolan Carroll
Zephiel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no doubt the best way to fix our second CB spot is through FA. We've failed in the draft year in and year out on finding a good corner, and only now that we committed to picking one in round 1 does it look like we could have a good player.

People are going to connect us to Verner but I still think he resigns with Tennessee. Would make sense though.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Definitely the most likely option. Brown should get around five million per year and would be a nice veteran option. Or Nolan Carroll

Carroll's size is intriguing (very intriguing) but he's had injury issues and IIRC Miami people hate him for being inconsistent.

Seems like Brown would be a good value, solid and consistent performer, and very nice "stop gap" CB, if you will, allowing us to spend later round draft picks on the position and look to develop a future starter.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is the type that might be able to slide inside at the end of his contract when mn does find a better long term option at RCB.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Brown is the type that might be able to slide inside at the end of his contract when mn does find a better long term option at RCB.

I'm still holding out hope that our future RCB will be Shaun Prater

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Boda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
In limited time Osweiler has shown me much better QB skills than Mallet.

Mallet is tall and has a strong arm, nothing more. He wasn't a great prospect and will never be a good pro IMO.

Osweiler is bigger and has every bit the arm Mallet has, and he's also a better athlete. Seems more comfortable going through his progressions as well.

Dude is developing nicely in Denver, but they did just take Zac Dysert. I guess it will depend on Peyton.

Shocked

Mallet was one of the best QB prospects and most Pro-Ready QB's from that class the only reason he fell was because of off the field concerns. I would love Ryan Mallet on the Vikings depending upon the cost. He was the QB I wanted from that class.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Foles wasnt a good prospect either. He has become a good player. Being a good prospect and a good pro are often unrelated. Draft experts/professional scouts are frequently wrong.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@nickdapick36 Who's looking for a top notch free safety. This kid is ready to dominate #2014

^^One of Nick Collins' recent tweets.

Would anyone else not mind if they brought him in one a 1 year, incentive-laden deal and try to stick him next to Harrison?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
Quote:
@nickdapick36 Who's looking for a top notch free safety. This kid is ready to dominate #2014

Would anyone else not mind if they brought him in one a 1 year, incentive-laden deal and try to stick him next to Harrison?

I almost brought this up as well; if he checks out physically, it certainly couldn't hurt.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Robbroy45 wrote:
Quote:

I almost brought this up as well; if he checks out physically, it certainly couldn't hurt.

Especially since it would let Harrison slide over to strong while not sacrificing too much deep coverage ability.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love Nick Collins and thought he was a great player for the Pack, I would hate to be the team that signs him and see's something serious happen. The injury he had was very severe.

I admit he would be the perfect type of player to compliment Harrison Smith, but the risk is too heavy.
Boibreezy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brandon Browner could be a sneaky pickup. He won't be a hot commodity with the suspensions and age. But he could be a good stopgap while we draft a corner later to develop. The size with of him and Rhodes on the outside would be great
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boibreezy wrote:
I think Brandon Browner could be a sneaky pickup. He won't be a hot commodity with the suspensions and age. But he could be a good stopgap while we draft a corner later to develop. The size with of him and Rhodes on the outside would be great

I would agree, but if the Seahawks tender him anything other than original round, which I doubt they will, just saying it in case it does happen, he wouldn't be worth it. Plus, why bother signing someone if they're going to be suspended for a quarter or half the season

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
Boibreezy wrote:

I would agree, but if the Seahawks tender him anything other than original round, which I doubt they will, just saying it in case it does happen, he wouldn't be worth it. Plus, why bother signing someone if they're going to be suspended for a quarter or half the season

I would take half a season of him than a whole season of what we have had!

But on another note, I think Chris Cook would be a good resign. He seems better fit for the press man style that Zimmer runs and has size you cant teach. Plus he is always in good position, just not making plays on the ball.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 41 of 103

Jump to: