Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Free Agent Targets
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Potential Free Agent Targets Reply with quote

CB Captain Munnerlyn, from the Carolina Panthers, is expected to be a FA after this season and I think we should pounce on the opportunity to sign him. He plays very well in the slot and makes tons of splash plays. I think we sign him, resign Cook, and draft a guy like Stanley Jean Baptiste or Keith McGill to come develop and compete with Cook on the outside and our defense will be vastly improved.

- Captain Munnerlyn is extremely effective coming off the edge on bltizes, sometihng Josh Robinson is not. Robinson doesn't have very fluid hips and is surprisingly not very agile for a guy who runs a 4.29 forty.

-Captain Munnerlyn can be a returner as well. Goodbye Marcus Sherels.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Captain Munnerlyn Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
CB Captain Munnerlyn, from the Carolina Panthers, is expected to be a FA after this season and I think we should pounce on the opportunity to sign him. He plays very well in the slot and makes tons of splash plays. I think we sign him, resign Cook, and draft a guy like Stanley Jean Baptiste or Keith McGill to come develop and compete with Cook on the outside and our defense will be vastly improved.

do we really want anything to do with Cook after this year? teams pass at him to win games

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want anything to do with Chris Cook after this season. He has been absolutely terrible. If we bring in a FA, he needs to start opposite of Rhodes.

And with how bad Robinson looked, we might need a new nickel, too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
I don't want anything to do with Chris Cook after this season. He has been absolutely terrible. If we bring in a FA, he needs to start opposite of Rhodes.

Munnerlyn would be our Nickel CB and more than likely would get playing time outside. He wouldn't come at a very expensive price and would definitely show his worth. Cook should come back because it will be affordable and we have a drastic drop off with talent after him.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
SodakViking wrote:

Munnerlyn would be our Nickel CB and more than likely would get playing time outside. He wouldn't come at a very expensive price and would definitely show his worth. Cook should come back because it will be affordable and we have a drastic drop off with talent after him.

That says a lot about our backup CBs. Chris Cook has been awful this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:

I'm not ready to give up on Robinson yet, but he needs a new defensive coordinator and he needs to be on the outside.

I think our best bet going forward would be to get a guy who can play both inside and outside. We could then start that guy on the outside opposite of Rhodes, and on nickel downs, we could move him inside and bring Robinson in to cover the outside. If Munnerlyn is that type of player, I'd be all for bringing him in.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Robinson younger than Rhodes still? It is a bit early to give up on him, imo.

I'm all for bringing in any CB that is good enough to cover the slot, or be the third CB on the outside. I'm all for Chris cook being gone, for many reasons.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Isn't Robinson younger than Rhodes still? It is a bit early to give up on him, imo.

I'm all for bringing in any CB that is good enough to cover the slot, or be the third CB on the outside. I'm all for Chris cook being gone, for many reasons.

Robinsons the youngest player on the team i think i know for sure the youngest on Defense but maybe even the whole team

#TeddyisReady
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably should have specified but I'm talking about Munnerlyn replacing Josh Robinson in the Slot. Robinson belongs on the outside.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really don't need a thread to discuss a single pending free agent from another team.

However, if you'd like to discuss potential free agent targets as a whole, that's fine.

Outside of Sunday's game, I don't get what your problem is with Marcus Sherels as a return guy and depth corner? He's a top ten punt returner in the league.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Outside of Sunday's game, I don't get what your problem is with Marcus Sherels as a return guy and depth corner? He's a top ten punt returner in the league.

and unlike our "starter" Sherels gets INT's

#TeddyisReady
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
We really don't need a thread to discuss a single pending free agent from another team.

However, if you'd like to discuss potential free agent targets as a whole, that's fine.

I didn't account for releasing AJ Jefferson so my numbers were slightly off. I was planning on keeping Jefferson over Sherels. Sherels isn't bad at all but I'm just stating Munnerlyn is a way better slot CB than Sherels.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Potential Free Agent Targets Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
-Captain Munnerlyn can be a returner as well. Goodbye Marcus Sherels.

why would you want to replace Sherels? He is one of the best punt returners in the league. also a very solid #4/5 CB.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to add a starting RCB who can slide inside to play the slot in 3 CB sets.

Chris Cook should probably go, and I would be okay with Josh Robinson as the nickel CB only playing RCB. Robinson is a bit better at outside CB than slot,so i am not ready to give up on him.

MN does need a new starter opposite of Rhodes, Captain Munnerlyn, Tim Jennings, Alterraun Verner, Terrell Thomas and Tarrell Brown are going to be high on my wish list as these guys can start on the outside and likely have the skill set to play slot as well.

CB is probably my top position to target in free agency, we actually need some veteran experience back there to go with the young CBs.

Ideally:

LCB Xavier Rhodes
RCB Free Agent (Slot in 3 CB sets)
NCB Josh Robinson (RCB in 3 CB sets)
Rookie
Marcus Sherels
fishtanked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Id love to add a starting RCB who can slide inside to play the slot in 3 CB sets.

Chris Cook should probably go, and I would be okay with Josh Robinson as the nickel CB only playing RCB. Robinson is a bit better at outside CB than slot,so i am not ready to give up on him.

MN does need a new starter opposite of Rhodes, Captain Munnerlyn, Tim Jennings, Alterraun Verner, Terrell Thomas and Tarrell Brown are going to be high on my wish list as these guys can start on the outside and likely have the skill set to play slot as well.

CB is probably my top position to target in free agency, we actually need some veteran experience back there to go with the young CBs.

Ideally:

LCB Xavier Rhodes
RCB Free Agent (Slot in 3 CB sets)
NCB Josh Robinson (RCB in 3 CB sets)
Rookie
Marcus Sherels

Verner or Jennings would be sweet. Then draft Desir in the 4th.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 1 of 103

Jump to: