Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Clinching Scenario
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
SF beats ATL and ARI.
STL beats SEA.
CAR beats ATL.
The NFC playoffs go through Charlotte.

Let's get it homie!

I really believe this is going to happen, the Seahawks are going to choke, and lose next week too against another great divisional opponent who also has proved they can keep up with the best(destroyed the saints) and i'm sure they will be pumped knowing they have the ablity to knock the Seahawks down to the 5th seed All we need is the 49ers to take care of business and obviously we have to take care of the Falcons to but we're the number 1 seed. There is no doubt in my mind it will happen, this is a magical season, It's a great day to be a Carolina Panthers fan.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
SF beats ATL and ARI.
STL beats SEA.
CAR beats ATL.

Let's get it homie!

I really believe this is going to happen, the Seahawks are going to choke, and lose next week too against another great divisional opponent who also has proved they can keep up with the best(destroyed the saints) and i'm sure they will be pumped knowing they have the ablity to knock the Seahawks down to the 5th seed All we need is the 49ers to take care of business and obviously we have to take care of the Falcons to but we're the number 1 seed. There is no doubt in my mind it will happen, this is a magical season, It's a great day to be a Carolina Panthers fan.

i know youre pumped, but this is very unlikely to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused as to how the Seahawks can be dropped out of the 1st seed. If they lose they are 12-4, and if we win we have the same record. However, they beat us. So they would still be #1 and us #2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
I'm confused as to how the Seahawks can be dropped out of the 1st seed. If they lose they are 12-4, and if we win we have the same record. However, they beat us. So they would still be #1 and us #2

i think if seattle loses and the niners win out, the niners will actually win their division and seattle would be a wild card.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainStubing wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

i think if seattle loses and the niners win out, the niners will actually win their division and seattle would be a wild card.

That is correct. If the 9ers win out, and Seattle loses, the 9ers have the tiebreaker over Seattle and win the division. Even though Seattle has a tiebreaker on us, since they are not the division winners, they are out of the running for the 1 seed. We own the tiebreaker over SF in that scenario, hence us getting the 1.

Unlikely, but not impossible. Go 9ers! Go Rams! and most importantly, GO PANTHERS!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainStubing wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

This is correct, and we have the tie breaker over the 49ers so they would be 2 seed and we would be 1.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainStubing wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Yes.

If the Seahawks and 49ers tie at 12-4, San Fran wins the tie breaker because they split head to head games, and San Fran would have the better division record (5-1 to Seattle's 3-3).

We of course would beat San Fran in a tie for the #1 seed because of head to head.

It is possible but I think this series of events is unlikely. It would be amazing to be the #1 seed but I will be more than happy with a #2 seed.

Wild card would make me nervous in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
CaptainStubing wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Yes.

If the Seahawks and 49ers tie at 12-4, San Fran wins the tie breaker because they split head to head games, and San Fran would have the better division record (5-1 to Seattle's 3-3).

We of course would beat San Fran in a tie for the #1 seed because of head to head.

It is possible but I think this series of events is unlikely. It would be amazing to be the #1 seed but I will be more than happy with a #2 seed.

Wild card would make me nervous in the playoffs.

well, obviously the odds don't say it's going to happen but, quite honestly, with all of the bizarre upsets over the last 2 weeks, i'm not putting anything in stone. the last 2 weeks have been crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A season where a 12-4 Seattle and 11-5 New Orleans are the wildcards. Shocked
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
A season where a 12-4 Seattle and 11-5 New Orleans are the wildcards. Shocked

The NFC is just that much better than the AFC

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainStubing wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

That would be stunning for sure

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
SF beats ATL and ARI.
STL beats SEA.
CAR beats ATL.

Let's get it homie!

i know youre pumped, but this is very unlikely to happen.

Can't stop me from dreaming. Laughing
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really want to see the Saints miss the playoffs, but I'd rather have the HFA. Go 49ers! Go Rams!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love for the Saints to have to travel to Philly. That would be a really tough game for them.
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
I'd love for the Saints to have to travel to Philly. That would be a really tough game for them.

Saints are going to struggle in games in the elements since they are confided to the Superdome for most of theres anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: