Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Stokley to IR; Bernard Scott re-signed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Brandon Stokley to IR; Bernard Scott re-signed Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Brandon-Stokley-Placed-On-Injured-Reserve/166d845e-7512-4ff9-a66f-259b14beb2eb

Baltimore is now down to five wide receivers. I like what they have though. Doss will probably take what few snaps Stokley has seen lately. Scott hadn't done anything before he was cut to activate Pitta.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stokely hasn't done much this season, but I feel as though he has made some pretty clutch catches at varying points on the year that I would not trust Doss to make. Not to say I don't think Doss is the better receiver at this point in their respective careers, but I feel as though Stokley had been one of the more reliable targets for Joe when he could get on the field.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stokley filled in Pitta's role closer than Clark. I think Stokley was a bit more spry. Glad we had him, but we got the real thing back.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stokley had 20 targets on the season and 14 of those came in the first two games. I know he was hurt for a stretch but Brandon was barely been on the field after he came back. His presence on the field was negligible in my opinion.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, none issue to me. Stokley hardly plays and with Pitta back it only makes sense to IR him and bring in a 3rd RB for the playoffs just in case.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Stokley might've been good for those clutch 3rd down catches and all... but I think Tandon Doss is a bigger keep. He's proven to be a talented punt returner in conjunction with making some plays as a receiver on occasion.

And so he therefore offers better insurance for our WR group as well as our special teams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: