Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Shiny New Off Season - Rod promoted, Linehan added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Yes. I now see the light. 1-6 with a QB rating less than Christian Ponder is the definition of clutch and the epitome of a playoff winning QB. I also now realize that we as great as Romo is in elimination games, there are QBs who may even be more intriguing... QBs who could lead us to a perfect 0-7. You know the truly elite. Blaine Gabbert. Jamarcus Russell. Maybe invest in a time machine and bring back Ryan Leaf.

Keep on ignoring the high pressure games that Romo performed well in. Its not like you're trying to push an agenda or anything Rolling Eyes

Recent history shows that Romo plays fine when the pressure is on, for the most part. His stats from 06-08 are still weighing him down, but they aren't indicative of the player that he is today.

That's the thing... The games with the highest pressure for both teams- playoff implication games- Romo sucks in those games. 1-6 with a QB rating worse than Christian Ponder. You can continue to guild the lily all your want but until Romo actually starts winning those games his NFL legacy is the GOAT of CHOKING.

Yes, because its completely his fault that his team has gone 1-6 in those games. Except not really at all. It's a team game, and his team didn't show up really in any of those losses. He hasn't been on a playoff worthy team since 2009 (and even that team was kind of sketchy and eventually exposed).

The fact that you think high pressure can only be found in win or go home games is pretty ridiculous and narrow minded. The other games that I mentioned (which you have conveniently decided to ignore) were just as pressure filled.

When the dude's elimination game QB rating is less than Christian Ponder... yeah Romo is going to shoulder the lions share of the blame for the 6 losses. When the dude can't handle a snap, commits mass TOs, etc, the team's probably not going to win.

Let's do this... I challenge you to find a bigger elimination game choker in the history of the NFL. Just identify one QB in the history of the NFL who is worse than Romo's 1-6 with a 76 QB rating (and especially under modern NFL QB friendly rules).

Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask a question?

How did we manage to turn a thread about the off-season into a discussion on Romo?

Let's get this back on topic.

^^^Deadpulse
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Yes. I now see the light. 1-6 with a QB rating less than Christian Ponder is the definition of clutch and the epitome of a playoff winning QB. I also now realize that we as great as Romo is in elimination games, there are QBs who may even be more intriguing... QBs who could lead us to a perfect 0-7. You know the truly elite. Blaine Gabbert. Jamarcus Russell. Maybe invest in a time machine and bring back Ryan Leaf.

Keep on ignoring the high pressure games that Romo performed well in. Its not like you're trying to push an agenda or anything Rolling Eyes

Recent history shows that Romo plays fine when the pressure is on, for the most part. His stats from 06-08 are still weighing him down, but they aren't indicative of the player that he is today.

That's the thing... The games with the highest pressure for both teams- playoff implication games- Romo sucks in those games. 1-6 with a QB rating worse than Christian Ponder. You can continue to guild the lily all your want but until Romo actually starts winning those games his NFL legacy is the GOAT of CHOKING.

Yes, because its completely his fault that his team has gone 1-6 in those games. Except not really at all. It's a team game, and his team didn't show up really in any of those losses. He hasn't been on a playoff worthy team since 2009 (and even that team was kind of sketchy and eventually exposed).

The fact that you think high pressure can only be found in win or go home games is pretty ridiculous and narrow minded. The other games that I mentioned (which you have conveniently decided to ignore) were just as pressure filled.

When the dude's elimination game QB rating is less than Christian Ponder... yeah Romo is going to shoulder the lions share of the blame for the 6 losses. When the dude can't handle a snap, commits mass TOs, etc, the team's probably not going to win.

Let's do this... I challenge you to find a bigger elimination game choker in the history of the NFL. Just identify one QB in the history of the NFL who is worse than Romo's 1-6 with a 76 QB rating (and especially under modern NFL QB friendly rules).

Challenge accepted, OK , let me find that list of NFL QB'S record in Elimination games................. UH, I can't find it anywhere, I know I'll google it ........... Uh, it only brings up Romo's record but I can't find a list of the other QB's in elimination games, I'm sure there has to be stat on this somewhere.... Hmmmm, Strange, I can't find it for any other QB, well I know Matt Aryana is 1-4 in the post season but there doesn't seem to be a record for his elimination win/loss games. Wait a minute, I found something on Cutler but it only says his record is similar to that of Romo. This is weird, I clearly see Romo's record in Elimination games but I can't find a list for any other QB, isn't that cray cray??? Can anybody point me in the right direction? It's like this whole Elimination record is just made up just for Romo but no other QB. I check the Cowboy website and there is no record of Elimination games for Starbach, Danny White,Aikman , no one! WTF???

I give up, I tried to find it but it lime it doesn't exist for any other QB other than Romo Sad. Sorry I couldn't help, maybe one of you can figure it out, I'm gonna go have a beer Smile
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know why only Romo gets mentioned in that regard?

Because he's a Dallas Cowboy and people will reach for every criticism possible.

You don't hear about all the bad games Elway had in the playoffs. You don't hear about Marino's struggles in 'elimination' games. Or the big time 'chokes' of hall of famer Steve Young. Extremely rarely folks will bring up Favre in that regard too. Or Peyton Manning's record breaking 16 playoff losses.

No, you don't hear about them - or rarely do - because they didn't play for the Dallas Cowboys and didn't have this self-entitled, drama queen filled fan base.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Can I ask a question?

How did we manage to turn a thread about the off-season into a discussion on Romo?

Let's get this back on topic.

Last time I say it.

Next person to continue this discussion gets a warning and the thread will be locked.

If you want to debate his merits as a winning QB you can do so in a separate thread.

^^^Deadpulse
retrolock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Dysfunctional team attracts dysfunctional fans. Laughing

Linehan hasn't even started yet...
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It honestly did start as a discussion relevant to the thread, as Plan was saying that Romo having more power with the offense under Linehan was a bad thing because supposedly hes a choker who wouldn't be able to handle it.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, word is we're looking to move Lee to WLB and Carter to the SAM. If so, then we have an opening at MLB.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
So, word is we're looking to move Lee to WLB and Carter to the SAM. If so, then we have an opening at MLB.

I haven't heard this anywhere. Link?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:

That's...interesting. I guess they figure by moving to the Will spot Lee will take less of a beating in hopes of staying on the field for a full season?

If we do go this route...I wonder if they'll give Holloman a shot at the Mike? Broaddus did mention the staff feels he's a better fit at either SLB or MLB...

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:

That's...interesting. I guess they figure by moving to the Will spot Lee will take less of a beating in hopes of staying on the field for a full season?

If we do go this route...I wonder if they'll give Holloman a shot at the Mike? Broaddus did mention the staff feels he's a better fit at either SLB or MLB...

At this point, this all seems to just be fan speculation. But, Lee would have more opportunities to make plays at the WLB spot, like Derrick Brooks used to do in Tampa. I have my doubts about Carter at the SLB spot. Holloman at MLB is interesting, but we'd still need to draft a MLB with good cover skills to compete with him.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:

At this point, this all seems to just be fan speculation. But, Lee would have more opportunities to make plays at the WLB spot, like Derrick Brooks used to do in Tampa. I have my doubts about Carter at the SLB spot. Holloman at MLB is interesting, but we'd still need to draft a MLB with good cover skills to compete with him.

Lee has a better inside tackling ability and a nose for the ball. Brooks did not. Brooks was a good rusher, decent in zone, with a great burst but not very good all around speed. Lee is the opposite. You don't move that to the will spot in this system, you leave that in the middle where he can do it all for you.

This move would be a huge mistake and take Lee away from what he does best.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam is basically worthless anyway. Loses most of his snaps to the nickel corner. It's practically a benching. That said, I don't know if Carter's any better at taking on blockers than he is in coverage.

What I'm saying is that Carter blows and the team knows it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:

Shocked Shayne Skov please.

- But I do feel like Lee is far a better fit to play inside then olb.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:

I haven't heard this anywhere. Link?
I saw Sturm tweet this morning about how he would take Mosley in the 1st if changes were made and I read a post on Blogging The Boys this morning and apparently this is the link - http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46359/60/pre-free-agency-mock-draft?pg=2

Obviously not the most reliable source, but it is worth debating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59

Jump to: