Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AZ's Mock Draft 1.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: AZ's Mock Draft 1.1 Reply with quote

AZ's Mock Draft 1.1

My first mock, so please let me know what you guys think. I didnít bother with the cap space or draft spots. I might do a more comprehensive mock during the offseason if you guys like this one.

Cuts/Not Retained
Mike Vick
James Casey
Jeremy Maclin
Patrick Chung
Damaris Johnson
Jason Avant

Mike Vick, duh. Casey gets cut because we simply donít use him. Everyone expects Maclin to resign for very cheap, but I just donít see it happening. Some team that needs firepower will offer him extra years or money and he will walk I believe. Chung has just been bad, that experiment should end. Damaris was someone I believed in, but he canít get on the field in what seems to be a weak WR core. He obviously doesnít fit. Avant is a great veteran to have, but at this point he is taking away time from younger players. He will be missed.

Retained Free Agents
Donnie Jones
Colt Anderson

With Donnie Jones our punting game has never been better. Colt is a valuable ST contributor still.

Free Agents

Jairus Byrd, FS

People might doubt this is going to happen, and honestly I do as well, but the fit seems perfect. The Bills are struggling, and they likely will not give Byrd a long term contract this offseason. I am beginning to believe that they wonít franchise Byrd this offseason because putting that kind of money into one player on a team like that doesnít make sense. If he does hit the market the match seems too perfect.

Reshean Mathis, CB

We just played the Lions and Mathis seemed to be the only corner they had that could cover. He was serviceable when he was in Jacksonville, and he will mainly add depth in case Fletcher gets injured.

Brandon Tate, WR

A former Pat, Tate is a camp body that could make the squad. Has return ability, but donít expect much.

Draft

1. David Yankey, OG Stanford

A dominant guard that is solid in every aspect of the game. The Toddfathers struggles have been well noted this year, and Yankey could come in and start immediately. He has played at the highest level of college football and has dominated everywhere he has been. The Stanford pedigree of lineman doesnít lie.
2. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB Ga. Tech

We got good production from Cole this year, and Graham has probably been the best pass rusher of our OLB's, but the future at OLB is still in question. Attoachu could be the answer. Attaochu is actually a very similar player to Trent, he dominates at the line of attack and plays the edge very well. He won't lead the NFL in sacks, but he could be a 10+ sack guy in his prime, just like Cole.
3. Donte Moncrief, WR Ole Miss

I wanted to put Odell Beckham Jr. here, but I doubt he would fall this far. Moncrief was a guy I loved coming into the year, but he didn't play as well as I thought he would. He still has a great frame and is explosive off the line. Having Cooper around gives him time to develop.
4. Deandre Coleman, DT Cal

Some would consider this a reach right now, but I think he is going to rise. A big DT, he would be a perfect fit as a versatile member of the rotation. He could fill in at NT or DE and provide solid pass rush and run stuffing ability.
5.1 Zac Kerin, C Toeldo

A big C from a small school, Kerin is a mean lineman. He likes to push people around and get dirty. Kelce hasn't had real competion at center since he arrived and, Kerin would do that. Could also be a backup G.
5.2 Marion Grice, RB ASU

It will be hard for me not to pick at least one ASU player in every single mock I make this year because we have so many good players. Getting Grice here is a pipe dream honestly, but he would be a perfect fit in our offense. He isn't a massive back, but he does weigh just over 200 lbs. Grice is a dual threat RB, he can catch the ball as good as most WR's and he has split out wide many times this year. He has a nose for the end zone, and he would be a great compliment to Chip's offense.
7. Keon Lyn, CB Cuse

Lyn has been hurt this year, but he had a solid junior season. He is a big, physical CB and he could develop into a good player if given the chance.

UDFAís

Bryn Renner, QB UNC
Josh Martinez, G USC
Eric Waters, TE Mizzou

Depth Chart

QB: Nick Foles -- Matt Barkley -- Bryn Renner
RB: LeSean McCoy -- Bryce Brown -- Marion Grice -- Chris Polk
WR1: DeSean Jackson -- Brad Smith -- Brandon Tate -- Jeff Maehl
WR2: Riley Cooper-- Donte Moncrief -- Arrelious Benn
TE: Zach Ertz -- Brent Celek -- Emil Igwenagu -- Eric Waters
LT: Jason Peters -- Allen Barbre -- Michael Bamiro
LG: Evan Mathis Ė Josh Martinez
C:Jason Kelce -- Julian Vandervelde
RG: David Yankey --Todd Herremans
RT: Lane Johnson -- Matt Tobin

5Tech: Cedric Thorton -- Clifton Geathers
NT: Bennie Logan -- Brandon Coleman
3Tech: Fletcher Cox -- Vinny Curry -- Damian Square
ROLB: Connor Barwin -- Brandon Graham
SILB: DeMeco Ryans -- Emmanuel Acho -- Jason Phillips
WILB: Mychal Kendricks -- Najee Goode -- Jake Knott
LOLB: Trent Cole -- Jeremiah Attaochu
CB: Bradley Fletcher -- Cary Wiliams -- Roc Carmichael
FS: Jairus Byrd -- Nate Allen -- Kurt Coleman
SS: Earl Wolff -- Colt Anderson -- Keelan Johnson
SCB: Brandon Boykin -- Rashean Mathis

K: Alex Henery
P: Donnie Jones
LS: Jon Dorenbos

Final Notes: This mock is under the assumption that we make the playoffs this year. I donít think that drastic changes need to be made to the team we have, we seem to have a solid mix of veteran and young talent. My biggest focus was on building the team for the future while also trying to add impact players to the roster. All advice is welcomed.

disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.

Last edited by AZ_Eaglesfan on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 10 times in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 3m
#49ers has signed cornerback Tramaine Brock to a four-year, $16 million extension. It includes a $7 million guarantee.

Wink

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Quote:
#49ers has signed cornerback Tramaine Brock to a four-year, $16 million extension. It includes a $7 million guarantee.

Wink

Well there goes that... I will update this. lol

disaacs wrote:
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Byrd. I would prefer if we add a Corner in the draft instead of FA. Tate is okay.

Not a fan of a Guard in the 1st. Todd started out awful, but for the most part he's been "okay" and with his contract I think it's better to bring in a low money, mid round draft pick or someone already on the roster to challenge Todd.

Like Attaochu. We almost have to go OLB early and let him fight Trent for a year and have the pick ready to roll in 2015.

Like the WR Pick.

On one hand I like the idea of continuing to build on an already young DL, but I think it would be better to bring in a cheap veteran/late round or UDFA to fight for the backup spots.

I like Center in the 5th round.

We don't have 6th, we have a second 5th. Don't mind a RB.

I would prefer if we addressed Corner earlier in the draft. But I don't mind it.

I would like to pick up Colt Lyerla or whatever the hell he's name is.

Solid, but I would prefer some changes Wink

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not bad... but I don't know if I'd do O-line in the first round. I know it's a need, but I think if I was in the war room, the BPA on OLB or Secondary would be biggest need. I know, drafting for need doesn't usually work, but the Eagles O-line has gotten better every week this year. I mean, they just basically negated Suh and Fairley last night with relative ease.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dont think.we need a guard in the first. We could get one later on who could be a good player.

Maybe do something like corner in the first....Dennard, Roberson, or Roby if he falls.

Attachou is a great pick. Really like him.

Am I the only one not on the Moncrief wagon?

WR is great there...just would want someone else. Maybe Josh Huff....Paul Richardson....Cody Hoffman.....whoever slips.

Like the rest. Love Coleman. Love Grice.

Still really want Joyner....we could go Lawrence or Murphy in first then Joyner second.

But this would be a solid offseason overall. Coleman would make our Dline of the future SCARY

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Really dont think.we need a guard in the first. We could get one later on who could be a good player.

Maybe do something like corner in the first....Dennard, Roberson, or Roby if he falls.

Attachou is a great pick. Really like him.

Am I the only one not on the Moncrief wagon?

WR is great there...just would want someone else. Maybe Josh Huff....Paul Richardson....Cody Hoffman.....whoever slips.

Like the rest. Love Coleman. Love Grice.

Still really want Joyner....we could go Lawrence or Murphy in first then Joyner second.

But this would be a solid offseason overall. Coleman would make our Dline of the future SCARY

All of this. Except wouldn't take a corner in the first. I would honestly just keep Damaris, keep Malin and cut Avant and draft Huff a little later.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B+

-Byrd would be awesome, obviously.
-Loved Yankey pick. People are gonna hate on drafting a guard in the 1st, but if it's in the 2nd half of the 1st round I think it's worth it especially when you have a safe pick like Yankey.
-Moncrief isn't my favorite WR, but I like a WR in the 3rd
-I don't like the Grice pick. Would much rather take a swing at an ILB or CB rather than take a RB when we have one of the best starters, one of the best backups, and a very solid Chris Polk.

Also what would be different about your mock if we didn't make the playoffs? Confused
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid mock, agree with the positions addressed, though I can't see us taking a guard in the first again on Howie's watch, the pain is still there.

Not to be annoying, but it's Yankey

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
B+

-Byrd would be awesome, obviously.
-Loved Yankey pick. People are gonna hate on drafting a guard in the 1st, but if it's in the 2nd half of the 1st round I think it's worth it especially when you have a safe pick like Yankey.
-Moncrief isn't my favorite WR, but I like a WR in the 3rd
-I don't like the Grice pick. Would much rather take a swing at an ILB or CB rather than take a RB when we have one of the best starters, one of the best backups, and a very solid Chris Polk.

Also what would be different about your mock if we didn't make the playoffs? Confused

I honestly agree about Moncrief. Like I said, I wanted to put Odell Beckham Jr. there, but he could be a first round pick. If anyone can suggest some third round WRs(I know Josh Huff, I don't like him as much as I used to), I would appreciate it!

Also, I think Grice fills a need. I know Shady and Bryce are a good 1-2 punch, but we need a Scat back that can be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. Polk is good, but Grice is dynamic and only needs a little space to make a big play. That being said, I wanted to take a ILB there, just didn't know who to take. I didn't really see any good value there, again suggestions?

If we didn't make the playoffs, I would probably look for more impact players early on, and spend money differently in FA. If we didn't make the playoffs I would look at players like Ha Ha or Mike Evans in the first. Maybe Demarcus Lawrence or some kind of playmaker in the 2nd. I really tried to focus on picking players that wouldn't require much change of personnel. If we don't make the playoffs I expect a little more overhaul.

disaacs wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of it, except for Rashean Mathis, he's getting up there in age and for that, I'd much rather stick with Williams, Fletcher, Boykin, and Carmichael as the top 4 corners. Having a #4-5 corner who doesn't offer much on special teams is a wasted roster spot.

Other than that I really like it.
eagles18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pass on all of the FA's except Byrd

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, really love the first three picks.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the people that dislike the Yankey pick. I understand your points, but I really like Yankey. I think he would be a safe pick that filled a need, and that is big for what already is a playoff team. Also, our two most important players, Foles and McCoy, would benefit greatly from better guard play. Heremans will still be on the team so his veteran guidance will still be there, and a future line of Kelce/Kerin -- Yankey -- Johnson looks outstanding on paper.

My favorite pick in this draft though is Deandre Coleman. He is a guy that I really think is going to be good in the NFL in a 3-4 scheme. He is similar to Bennie, but he is bigger and more of a run stuffer. He is very good at getting interior penetration.

The most noticeable weakness is obviously the CBs. I agree that I didn't do much to fix what many people perceive as a weakness. I wanted to sign a CB in FA, but the FA crop looks somewhat weak this year. Drafting a CB earlier might be something I would consider, though I do like Lyn's upside. Also, Moncrief has upside but feels like a boom or bust pick to me. I also don't know if he could contribute early in his career, something a playoff team would be looking for. Is there a WR similar to Keenan Allen in this years draft? Because that is the kind of Slot WR we need.

disaacs wrote:
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Quote:

Wink

Update the title then V1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: