Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft or Free Agency? Addressing our needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24907
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.


If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.


Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?


I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2305
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.
If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.
No doubt. We needed loads of help up front on defense and we at least appear to have gotten that taken care of at this point. Definitely worth it.

Star and Short came from the last draft. Jeffery was a 2nd round pick (iirc) two years ago. I was really high on him coming out... Just saying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 3962
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.


If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.


Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?


I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.


Ahhh that's right. Another Hurney whiff in the 2nd round Rolling Eyes

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.


If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.


Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?


I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.


Ahhh that's right. Another Hurney whiff in the 2nd round Rolling Eyes

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.


Silatolu showed signs prior to his injury this year, but I don't think he gets another chance unless its a RG. I really think we draft OL with both first picks this yaer m uch like we did with DT last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2305
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.


If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.


Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?


I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.


Ahhh that's right. Another Hurney whiff in the 2nd round Rolling Eyes

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.


Silatolu showed signs prior to his injury this year, but I don't think he gets another chance unless its a RG. I really think we draft OL with both first picks this yaer m uch like we did with DT last year.

So it's settled... Sign E Decker and Jairus Byrd in the off season and draft OT and OG in rounds 1 and 2 respectively. Snag a CB inthe 3rd... Sounds good to me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 3962
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.


If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.


Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?


I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.


Ahhh that's right. Another Hurney whiff in the 2nd round Rolling Eyes

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.


Silatolu showed signs prior to his injury this year, but I don't think he gets another chance unless its a RG. I really think we draft OL with both first picks this yaer m uch like we did with DT last year.

So it's settled... Sign E Decker and Jairus Byrd in the off season and draft OT and OG in rounds 1 and 2 respectively. Snag a CB inthe 3rd... Sounds good to me!


That would be a perfect offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19257
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.
If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.
No doubt. We needed loads of help up front on defense and we at least appear to have gotten that taken care of at this point. Definitely worth it.
Star and Short came from the last draft. Jeffery was a 2nd round pick (iirc) two years ago. I was really high on him coming out... Just saying...
I know. I had brought up Keenan Allen for this year. I liked Jeffery in the 2nd as well. Can't fault them for taking a guard, because as now, we needed help up front. Just hoping Silatolu keeps improving when he comes back from injury. If he ends up being a long term starter, I can't nitpick too much.

Still wouldn't mind having Jeffery, though. Laughing
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19257
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind that at all, though we'd still need a #1 WR eventually. Decker is a good threat but he, like LaFell, tends to drop passes from time to time.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24907
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you to Decker.
My dream?

_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FriendlyEnemy


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 2036
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 on point with that last point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1977
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see him possibly falling to us in the second if he declares, then again IF he declares
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24907
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
I could see him possibly falling to us in the second if he declares, then again IF he declares


First off, I'm not sure if I want him to. Wink
Secondly, if he did, he is our first rounder if we take him, no doubt.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers27


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 78
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.


If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.


Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?


I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.


Ahhh that's right. Another Hurney whiff in the 2nd round Rolling Eyes

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.

Ryan Kalil was a second round pick in the 2007 draft. The only second round pick I think he made that panned out, ha. Hurney always seemed to draft studs or duds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers27


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 78
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Yep, still think Olsen is a baller.

I'd amend WR to Receiving Threat. I'd be good with them getting a top flight receiving TE, too. WR would be nice, but if a comparable one isn't available at our pick, I'm not going to sneeze at another TE. I still think the two TE sets like we ran with Shockey Newton's first year are money for Newton.

DB and OL help are musts. We are set to get some guards back next year, so that will make a difference. We need a tackle, though.

Eric Ebron could be a sleeper for our first round pick this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
No thank you to Decker.
My dream?


^^^THIS

If we could get Benjamin in the second, maybe 3rd I would happy with our draft class
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group