Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft or Free Agency? Addressing our needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...
Yup. Or Keenan Allen this year.

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.

If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.

Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?

I know I wanted him. Definitely over a D2 guard. He was available at our pick.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Don't know where to put this so I guess this is as good a place as any... Man, I wish the Panthers could have drafted Alshon Jeffery...

But, we've had some good drafts the last couple years, so I can't really complain all that much.
If Star and Short end up being a long time 1-2 punch for us at DT, it was completely worth it.
No doubt. We needed loads of help up front on defense and we at least appear to have gotten that taken care of at this point. Definitely worth it.

Star and Short came from the last draft. Jeffery was a 2nd round pick (iirc) two years ago. I was really high on him coming out... Just saying...
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

Agreed. Our hole at DT was way more pressing than WR. However I believe a lot of us on this board were interested in Jeffery with our 2nd. Was he availabe for that pick? Did we have a 2nd?

Ahhh that's right. Another Hurney whiff in the 2nd round Rolling Eyes

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

Seriously, did he make one good pick in the 2nd? I will give him the fact that he made great picks in the 1st, but our 2nd rounders have been god awful during his entire tenure.

Silatolu showed signs prior to his injury this year, but I don't think he gets another chance unless its a RG. I really think we draft OL with both first picks this yaer m uch like we did with DT last year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

Silatolu showed signs prior to his injury this year, but I don't think he gets another chance unless its a RG. I really think we draft OL with both first picks this yaer m uch like we did with DT last year.

So it's settled... Sign E Decker and Jairus Byrd in the off season and draft OT and OG in rounds 1 and 2 respectively. Snag a CB inthe 3rd... Sounds good to me!
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

So it's settled... Sign E Decker and Jairus Byrd in the off season and draft OT and OG in rounds 1 and 2 respectively. Snag a CB inthe 3rd... Sounds good to me!

That would be a perfect offseason.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

No doubt. We needed loads of help up front on defense and we at least appear to have gotten that taken care of at this point. Definitely worth it.
Star and Short came from the last draft. Jeffery was a 2nd round pick (iirc) two years ago. I was really high on him coming out... Just saying...
I know. I had brought up Keenan Allen for this year. I liked Jeffery in the 2nd as well. Can't fault them for taking a guard, because as now, we needed help up front. Just hoping Silatolu keeps improving when he comes back from injury. If he ends up being a long term starter, I can't nitpick too much.

Still wouldn't mind having Jeffery, though. Laughing

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind that at all, though we'd still need a #1 WR eventually. Decker is a good threat but he, like LaFell, tends to drop passes from time to time.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you to Decker.
My dream?

FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 on point with that last point.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see him possibly falling to us in the second if he declares, then again IF he declares

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
I could see him possibly falling to us in the second if he declares, then again IF he declares

First off, I'm not sure if I want him to. Wink
Secondly, if he did, he is our first rounder if we take him, no doubt.

Panthers27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

Ryan Kalil was a second round pick in the 2007 draft. The only second round pick I think he made that panned out, ha. Hurney always seemed to draft studs or duds.
Panthers27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Yep, still think Olsen is a baller.

I'd amend WR to Receiving Threat. I'd be good with them getting a top flight receiving TE, too. WR would be nice, but if a comparable one isn't available at our pick, I'm not going to sneeze at another TE. I still think the two TE sets like we ran with Shockey Newton's first year are money for Newton.

DB and OL help are musts. We are set to get some guards back next year, so that will make a difference. We need a tackle, though.

Eric Ebron could be a sleeper for our first round pick this year.
billybob99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
No thank you to Decker.
My dream?

^^^THIS

If we could get Benjamin in the second, maybe 3rd I would happy with our draft class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: