Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Eagles GDT part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was badmouthing the NFC East before, now I'd say we're better than the North.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
bwestEagles wrote:
Is it me or is anyone getting a 2001 Patriots vibe from this team? Whatever the elusive "it" factor is, the eagles and Kelly seem to have it. They are calm, focused, team oriented, and never get rattled, which IMO is the biggest factor for success in the playoffs.

Or am I just too pumped from the win and setting myself up for dissapointment? Laughing Laughing
The latter... We'd have to get through San Fran, New Orleans and then likely the Seahawks in order to even make the Super Bowl. Saints and Hawks haven't lost at home in years...

I get a 2010 Eagles vibe from this team. We're young as hell though and weren't even suppose to be good, so going forward I am pretty thrilled regardless of how this season turns out.

On a related note

I was going through the playoff machine on ESPN....we actually have a decent shot at a bye if we win out.

If us, the Saints, The 49ers, and the Panthers all finish at 11-5 it's a best case scenario for us.

We'd get the bye, then have the Saints out of their dome in the cold or probably the most well equipped team to take out the Seahawks in the Niners going there...in which case we'd get possibly the Lions or Panthers. Neither of whom I'd favor against the Eagles after yesterday.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Everyone was badmouthing the NFC East before, now I'd say we're better than the North.

Packers with Arod are legit contenders, not something we or Dallas can brag about

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
bwestEagles wrote:
Is it me or is anyone getting a 2001 Patriots vibe from this team? Whatever the elusive "it" factor is, the eagles and Kelly seem to have it. They are calm, focused, team oriented, and never get rattled, which IMO is the biggest factor for success in the playoffs.

Or am I just too pumped from the win and setting myself up for dissapointment? Laughing Laughing
The latter... We'd have to get through San Fran, New Orleans and then likely the Seahawks in order to even make the Super Bowl. Saints and Hawks haven't lost at home in years...

I get a 2010 Eagles vibe from this team. We're young as hell though and weren't even suppose to be good, so going forward I am pretty thrilled regardless of how this season turns out.

On a related note

I was going through the playoff machine on ESPN....we actually have a decent shot at a bye if we win out.

If us, the Saints, The 49ers, and the Panthers all finish at 11-5 it's a best case scenario for us.

We'd get the bye, then have the Saints out of their dome in the cold or probably the most well equipped team to take out the Seahawks in the Niners going there...in which case we'd get possibly the Lions or Panthers. Neither of whom I'd favor against the Eagles after yesterday.
Ehh it'd be awesome but I wouldn't bet on it. According to PS there is a 2% chance we get the 2 seed.

Although after looking at it, it's not too far fetched. We'd need to win out though which is far from guaranteed, and then we'd need the following 3 things to happen
-Saints lose at least 2 games (@ Rams, @ Panthers, vs Bucs)
-Panthers lose at least 1 game (vs Jets, vs Saints, @ Falcons)
-49ers lose at least 1 game (@ Bucs, vs Falcons, @ Cardinals) OR Seahawks win at least 2 games (@ Giants, vs Cards, vs Rams)

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that we'll get the 2 seed, but I've seen stranger things like us qualifying for the playoffs a few years back with a really specific scenario. Never good relying on Jamarcus Russell for your playoff hopes.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions returner that returned 2 on us did Shadys TD dance. That had to of been what spurred Shady to ish all over them.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we played in a dome yet this year? Based on yesterday we might see our best offensive performance in a dome.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a chance, but yea I wouldn't bet on it.

Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Have we played in a dome yet this year? Based on yesterday we might see our best offensive performance in a dome.

Nope, that gets me excited for this week though.

LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
The Lions returner that returned 2 on us did Shadys TD dance. That had to of been what spurred Shady to ish all over them.

And he did a snow angel. On our field Mad

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

He also lost

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

He also lost

percivalface.jpeg

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Am I the only person who hated that 1st half? I love snow games (Eagles-Lions 2nd half, Ravens-Vikings, Chiefs-Redskins, Steelers-Dolphins), but that 1st half was a plain blizzard and pretty much eliminated all of the skill of the players and game planning Laughing. Not suggesting rules should be put in place, because blizzard games like that 1st half only happen once every several years, but I'm just saying I did not enjoy it. It was entertaining, especially looking back on it now that we know we won, but just kind of annoying.

2nd half was fine. I can live with the 6 inches of snow on the field, but the fact the players couldn't see 5 yards before them was ridiculous

I loved all of it. Both teams had to deal with it and the team that made the better adjustments was going to win. Even the first half was a joy, it was just a bummer to see Detroit cope with the elements better. Games like this are a huge reason I love football.

Besides, can we really call any of those other games "snow games"? We kinda set a pretty high bar for what it means to play in the snow.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben Frank wrote:
LeSean McCoy's spikes and gloves from yesterday's franchise-record 217-yard rushing game headed to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton!

https://twitter.com/RoobCSN/status/410123625803427840

Second Eagle to have his gear sent to Canton this season Cool

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: