Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our first pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
:Colts:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Our first pick Reply with quote

Do you think we should be concerned?
It seems we're set on Maroney, but with Jets having 29th pick also, do you think they may take him away from us, or are their other needs greater than that?

^^^^Check out eagles91 sigs!
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the jets steal maroney, that just means we'll take a olb or og. maybe we'll trade down... we can still get a brian calhoun, maurice drew, and potentially joseph addai in the second.

Plus, we r meeting with some of the free agent running backs

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
Colts21steal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little concerned but the Jets seem to have much bigger needs on the O-line and guys like Nick Mangold or Max-Jean Gilles will be hard for them to pass up.

:Colts: on the sig!!!
coltsfreak6095

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what runningbacks were meeting with the colts?
49ersColtsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should worry if we can't get maroney, he is a proven every down back and on top of that he is a great pass blocker, we should make him our number 1 priority.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
if the jets steal maroney, that just means we'll take a olb or og. maybe we'll trade down... we can still get a brian calhoun, maurice drew, and potentially joseph addai in the second.

Plus, we r meeting with some of the free agent running backs

There is no way we are going to take an OL in the frst or even second round of this years draft. It has even been stated by team officials that there is no desire within the organization to draft along the O-line. However if we did not get Maroney in the 30th position, i can see 3 other possibilities. One would be to draft Joseph addai or to trade down, get extra picks and draft him later in the second round. Another option would be to trade up to get Maroney, White or Williams, but this is not likely. and the third possibilty is to take a good OLB like D. Ryans and draft a second round RB. But your right about the pre-draft possibilty of getting a FA RB.... anything could happen
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsfreak6095 wrote:
what runningbacks were meeting with the colts?

The only free agent running back that i KNOW of that is meeting with the Colts is MAurice Morris, Shaun Alexanders Back-up, from seattle.
coltsfreak6095

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dominic rhodes is just as good if not better than him so we should be more worried about which runningback we r going to get through the draft
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsfreak6095 wrote:
well dominic rhodes is just as good if not better than him so we should be more worried about which runningback we r going to get through the draft

Rhodes is only proven one year that he can play, then he got injured, which leads to some concerns. Even if we did stick with rhodes and even if we took a RB in the second round or something, we should still sign a proven Vet RB off the FA market. We would be fools not to look for the insurnace.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, i think they should maybe explore a trade with Baltimore for Mike anderson (because of their 2 back situation there) to address their RB need. And now it seems that none of the top 4 RB of the draft will stlip to indy, so im thinking they should try to get an OLB like Ryans in the first and either Maurice Drew or Brian Calhoun in the second. Just seems to make the most sense to me.
:Colts:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
In my opinion, i think they should maybe explore a trade with Baltimore for Mike anderson (because of their 2 back situation there) to address their RB need. And now it seems that none of the top 4 RB of the draft will stlip to indy, so im thinking they should try to get an OLB like Ryans in the first and either Maurice Drew or Brian Calhoun in the second. Just seems to make the most sense to me.

too bad mike anderson is now on the ravens

^^^^Check out eagles91 sigs!
panzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the jets pick up mario williams there could be a good chance they look for a tackle instead of a rb with thier second pick.

mad props to :colts: for the sig
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on who is available amongst RBs and OT because the Jets also have the third pick in the second round and could decide to take RB at 29 and Tackle at 35 if they feel one won't get passed the Colts
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
panzer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they pretty much hold the cards at the moment. hopefully they package somethin and shoot for the top pick

mad props to :colts: for the sig
Colton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:Colts: wrote:
Colton wrote:

too bad mike anderson is now on the ravens

Thats why i said trade for him. Baltimore has two highly paid backs on their roster now (Lewis and Anderson).So they may be entertaining offers for one of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: