Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ron Rivera: Coach of the Year Candidiate?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Riverboat Ron's chances of winning COTY
0-25%
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
26-50%
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
51-75%
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
76-100%
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Ron Rivera: Coach of the Year Candidiate? Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000292637/article/nfl-coach-of-the-year-rankings-pete-carroll-on-top

He is ranked second in the article above.

Quote:
Riverboat Ron gets attention for his record on fourth downs. The Panthers have converted 9 of 11 fourth-down attempts, including one garbage time try that failed when the Panthers were just trying to run the clock out while ahead 36-0.

coughcough38-0coughcough

There is still a month left of football to play and I think the consensous is that the winner will be among Reid, Carrol, Belichick, Rivera, and Payton. I believe that Riverboat can win in but it will take us to win out for that to happen.(Which isn't really all that out of the question if we can win this week) What isn't out of the question though did any of you see this resurgence from Rivera coming, after what had been a little over two years of straight disappointment? (Put Your hands down it was exactly none of us Laughing ) The very thought of Ron Rivera winning COTY after being 1-3, and seeing what was almost an identical start to this season as there has been every season during his tenure, would have probably gotten you shunned around this forum. Don't get me wrong, this is exactly how I wanted our season to go thus far after starting 1-3, an 8 game win streak however, is far easier said than done. Ron kept the team focused and motivated and now we are in position to take over our division and in doing so would give us the 2nd seed in the playoffs.(PLAYOFFS?!?)

We can't act like we didn't know this team had great potential but credit where credit is due, Riverboat Ron has the Panthers firing on all cylinders right now and as a fan, I couldn't be any happier.

What do you guys think are his chances of winning COTY?

64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
CaptainStubing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a guy that was really on the hot seat going into this season (it was probably a make or break year for him), he has done a great job of putting everything together. he has a decent chance at COTY.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainStubing wrote:
for a guy that was really on the hot seat going into this season (it was probably a make or break year for him), he has done a great job of putting everything together. he has a decent chance at COTY.

Some people didn't think he should have made it past the bye this year. Laughing

IMO he will not win this award unless we win out, however there still is a chance that happens and if it does Riverboat should receive this award.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's got a good chance, especially if he manages to sweep the Saints and win the division. His coaching had the biggest impact on the season, when his philosphy changes, the Panthers changed.

Time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be wild to win COY when the biggest adjustment you made was putting the ball in your best players' hands
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thoroughly impressed with riverboat. I was one of those who wanted him gone after the AZ game and i'm glad I was wrong. it takes a man (or woman) to admit theyre faults and it takes more to change them and rivera did it. I dunno if he's COTY material yet but the mere fact we're talking about it is amazing and welcome.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
faccda01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put his chances at about 30%. I think it would take a division win for it to be considered. He has done a great job of adjusting his scheme and the players love him.

Personally, I think BB should win the award. This was supposed to be the year the Patriots fell off the map. Between losing Welker and dealing with the Hernandez media storm, I think he has done his best coaching job to date. I also think this has been Brady's best year as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Carroll should get it, look at the season they had last year. The award isn't "Coach on the best team," it clearly has to go to Rivera or even Andy Reid. Without Rivera changing this year we'd still be in the cellar (Gettleman had a lot to do with it too.)

Annnnndddd you've been siged.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the guys calling for his head early. Didn't see anything different from the panthers early. Def didn't see this coming and he deserves to be considered for COTY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Carroll wins it I'll be upset with the NFL. The media ignores that teams problems with PEDS and substance abuse and I think that sends a bad message to kids. Have to stop rewarding things like this with cool nicknames and awards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-Season: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE FIRE RIVERA RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

9-3 in Week 13: What are the chances he wins coach of the year?

Confused

There is a very good chance taking a team as bad as they were last year to what they are now...hard to argue against it, honestly.

Sig by Me
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everyones opinion on his chances now? We have the #2 seed in our sights, with possible #1 seed implications.

I know I booed when we punted but analytical Ron took over when we needed it most, instead of boldly going on a 4th and 7 deep on our own side of the field. Rivera has gotten better every game this year to the point were I am very glad for him to be our head coach, where in the beginning of the year, most would be reluctant to say. Even with the pressure on, man what a year Coach Rivera is having.

Also, while we're at it, what do you guys think Gettlemagic's chances for executive of the year are? I'd say at the very least he deserves consideration. Filling in the missing pieces we needed to make this team great, and he has only just begun.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we get the No 1 seed rivera deserves it. I'd say its between him and reid.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it comes down to Chip Kelly, Ron Rivera, Andy Reid, and Bill Belichick.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rivera gets it, he single handedly showed how coaching can turn a team around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: