Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's Late Night Mock Offseason 12/6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: DEE RAWL's Late Night Mock Offseason 12/6 Reply with quote

Alright guys, I'm up and figured I'd put this together in honor of my trip out to Arizona this weekend to go see the game against the Cards...

Stupid Texans..

Key Cuts/Let Walk

Harvey Dahl
Cortland Finnegan
Scott Wells
Roger Saffold

FA Signing(s)

Jon Asamoah, RG

2014 Draft

**TRADE** 2nd overall to Cleveland Browns in exchange for 7th overall, 41st and 2015 1st

1a.) Mike Evans, WR, TAMU

I wish, hope, pray that Quick shows us something so that this wont be necessary. However, Bradford needs a big physical #1 safety blanket that he can trust. I won't elaborate much more because it has been discussed, but IMO he is worth it.

1b.) Ra'shede Hageman, DT, Minn

Kendall Langford has actually played pretty well lately, but behind he and Brockers we have nobody. Cudjo is average at best and has seen less snaps as a result. Rotating the big bodies inside with an explosive freak of nature like Hagemen will allow the entire line to play at a peak level and keep Tree and JL free to roam.

2a.) Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

Scherff isn't ready to play OT at the next level yet, but he could be one hell of a gaurd. If you haven't gotten a chance to watch any of him, please do yourself a favor and do so. He is an absolute mauler. Athletic, strong, punishing blocks and gets to the second level quickly and effectively. Having he and Long next to eachother would be an unstoppable force on the ground. He could play RT if Barks goes down/ eventually replace him as he gains experience.

2b.) Kyle Fuller, CB, VaTech

I really would love Dennard here, but he will likely go in the first round or at worst the first few picks of the 2nd. Fuller though isn't far behind IMO. He is physical and has sound technique and shows scheme versatility. He suffered a strange injury to one of his core muscles and has forced him to miss the rest of the season, but it shouldn't be an issue.

3.) Deone Buchanon, S, WASU

Another Pac-12 Safety in the 3rd round to pair up with TJ Mac. In all honesty, he could very well and should go higher than this, but right now he is a bit under the radar. He has some range, but thats not the reason he makes plays. He reads and diagnoses plays and route combos very well. He is a big hitter and more importantly a solid tackler.

4.) David Fales, QB, SJSU

Another name being thrown around and it wasn't until I was able to sit down and watch a couple games that I could feel comfortable with slotting him here. Just about his only flaw is his arm strength, but I think its more of a mechanical issue. On his deep throws he often doesn't step into it and drive off his back foot which causes the ball to float, if he could correct this I feel confident it would improve. Other than that he is solid and has played in a very complex offense with multiple formations.

5.) Justin Britt, OT, Mizzou

You guys will surely know more than I about him, but all I know is I went back and watched him against South Carolina and he is athletic and shows some serious promise in the running game and while he didn't dominate Clowney, he held his own even though he had some help. I love what I see from him.

6.) JC Copeland, FB, LSU

Big FB, no explanation needed

7.) Gabe Ikard, G/C, OU

Gaurd/Center depth. Held his own against Nix of ND.

UDFA-

Andrew Wilson, LB, Mizzou

Depth Chart

QB- Bradford, Fales
HB- Stacy, Cunningham, Richardson
FB- Copeland, Harkey
TE- Cook, Hendricks
X- Evans, Pettis, Quick
Z- Bailey, Givens
S- Austin
LT- Long, Britt
LG- Scherff, Jones
C- Barnes, Jones, Ikard
RG- Asamoah, Ikard
RT- Barksdale, Britt

RE- Quinn, Sims
NT- Brockers, Hageman
UT- Langford, Hageman
LE- Long, Hayes
WLB- Tree, Armstrong, Bates
MLB- JL55, Spoon, Wilson
SLB- Dunbar, Spoon, Stewart
RCB- JJ, Fuller, McGee
SCB- Fuller, McLeod
FS- Buchanon, McLeod
SS- TJ Mac, Stewart
LCB- Tru, Fuller, McGee

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely love that trade back. The more picks the merrier...

I'm still not convinced Evans is a top ten pick, I'll go back and watch/read more on him after the season, but at this moment He's not in my top ten. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and would welcome him on the Rams, but he's a 15-25 selection for me...

I had Hageman, Scherff, Fuller and Britt in my last mock, so they'd all be welcomed...

I like Fales over any of the bigger named mid-late round QB's not named Garappolo...

IDOG_det on the sig...
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gabe Ikard makes it past the 4th round I will be surprised. He'd be a great bargain in the 7th.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured when I saw Scherff he'd be an OG. Great job on the mock. Can't complain.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really have too many complaints. I continue to think Evans isn't a top 10 talent, though I am starting to warm up to him after going over a bunch more games of his.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive draft. I'm all in.
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best mock draft I've seen yet.

The people saying that Evans isn't worth a top 10 pick are going to completely change their tune once draft hype season comes around. The guy is special, as in potentially Fitzgerald, A.J. Green special.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

The people saying that Evans isn't worth a top 10 pick are going to completely change their tune once draft hype season comes around. The guy is special, as in potentially Fitzgerald, A.J. Green special.

I hope that is the case.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Wr80

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

How can you guys say this? Does no one watch college football? He did nothing vs Mizzou, he's not special. I don't think he'll pan out at all.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

How can you guys say this? Does no one watch college football? He did nothing vs Mizzou, he's not special. I don't think he'll pan out at all.
Just because he had one bad game? This reminds me how people said Blackmon would be a bust because he had a bad game against Iowa State. Blackmon was fine on the field. It's the off the field stuff that is screwing him.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

They made it a priority to shut him down, furthermore Johnny Football wasnt playing 100%. Not even close.

He may or may not become that top ten worthy AJ Green (I think he very well could be), but he is still way better than anyone we have on our roster.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

They made it a priority to shut him down, furthermore Johnny Football wasnt playing 100%. Not even close.

He may or may not become that top ten worthy AJ Green (I think he very well could be), but he is still way better than anyone we have on our roster.

Not saying Gaines didn't have help at times throughout the game but Gaines was manned up on him and shut him down. 4 receptions for 8 yards.
BamaRam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the mock. I'm warming up to Evans as a top 20 guy. Still have him behind Watkins by a fairly significant distance. I also won't punish Marquis Lee for having a horrible team/QB situation. He is still a very special talent in my eyes.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

I watch a crudload of college football. Having one "bad" game when his QB played poorly and Mizzou slid coverage to him does not make or break him as a prospect.

He torched Alabama...so does that mean he's worth top 2 pick? Or do we only count games where he didn't play lights out?

Evans will pan out.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: