Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-6) VS Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1)..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player on either team is most likely to take a selfie after this game?
Torrey Smith.. clearly this dude is a twitter fiend...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Ray Rice.. He might actually have a decent game..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Adrian Peterson.. A bathroom pic, he'll be sending it to Gina Gibiatti..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Josh Freeman.. everyone else will be working hard at practice...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice how miserable Harbaugh has looked on the sideline at the end of games this year. No one feels worse about a tough game than the Head Coach and we've had enough drama to send our GM to the hospital. And that was before the nail biters we had against Pitt and Minny.

We all know how dedicated and passionate he is about his job. I seriously hope he looks out for himself. I don't care how much other team's fans seem to dislike him, Harbaugh East is a class act.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I just re-watched the highlights, and do you guys realize how PERFECT that last throw from Joe was?

It literally misses the leaping linebackers reach by about 1 inch, perfect touch, perfect accuracy, perfect throw to win a game in those conditions, and NOBODY is talking about it today. If that had been ANY OTHER Superbowl-winning QB or "elite" QB, there'd be people everywhere talking about it, but since it's Joe Flacco and the Ravens, it was just "meh, another game the Ravens won. Good for them. BUT HOW ABOUT BRADY AND THAT COMEBACK!!! GOAT!!"

That throw was just so perfect on so many levels.

I did think to myself, when the Pats made their own comeback, that the media bobbleheads would be relieved that they could wax lyrical about him, instead of maybe having to pretend to be interested in Flacco and the Ravens.

Honestly, NFL AM says that this was their "Game of the Day", then proceeds to not talk about it at all (that I saw, I can only make it through an hour of that show before they start repeating themselves. Literally, rerunning segments from that first hour, two or three more times). Eh, it's expected, I guess.

But yes, that throw from Flacco is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about when I said he sometimes makes this game look so very easy. There are plays he makes that are so smooth and pretty, so precisely on the money, that you know if it had been made by Manning or Brady, they'd be on every highlight reel for the whole season, never mind a particular game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to have a heart attack in 15 seconds !

"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lololol some Vikings fans are soooooo mad about the snowballs. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Surprised no Stillerz fans have used this to excuse Tomlin.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Surprised no Stillerz fans have used this to excuse Tomlin.

Wow... I just stopped in the Vikings GDT and... I'm speechless. Only read the last page. Somehow alleged snowballs make Harbs a scumbag? Apparently Matt Cassell looked worlds better than Joe Flacco? What is going on in there?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think they were throwing tennis ball sized rocks.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

You'd think they were throwing tennis ball sized rocks.

Is there any confirmation that this actually happened? Or was anything more than a few random scattered A-holes? I feel like this is really stretching to create a narrative of something bad that happened.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, did you know that Xavier Rhodes is the truest form of shutdown CB?! Laughing
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God forbid snow is thrown at a game where it's snowing heavily..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvUtmxBGwc

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Frazier is a scumbag for allowing that. Absolute SCUMBAG!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Frazier is a scumbag for allowing that. Absolute SCUMBAG!

You're trying too hard
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Lulz. I'm not entirely familiar with how Twitter works, but assuming it were possible, I'd love for someone to post that on AP's twitter account. Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Watching how the snow travels, I'm doubting anyone could hit the Vikings sideline unless it was right in front of them, even with our special death ice balls. Otherwise, we need to get these kids into the O's bullpen.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh... I thought the snowballs part was funny, but I thought it got worse by some of the interference from Ravens fans. After a loss, a fanbase is subject to some illogical asides to help them cope with a loss IMO. But laughing at that is just going to antagonize at best and lead to a few warnings at worst. Luckily that didn't happen, but all in all they were respectful and cool about the loss. Didn't really see the need to jump in and 'correct' them on anything or laugh. Maybe just point out the nature of Harbaugh's response respectfully and how that quote came about, and then move on.

The only thing I can't say I was astounded by was the notion that Cassel was world's better than Flacco in that game. I suppose one can argue "better", but one has to wonder how the Ravens won the game at all if their QB was "world's better" than Flacco... unless our defense was also "world's better" to allow us that chance? Or we had a world beating running effort (though according to our usual standards that probably would be somewhat accurate to say). Because even with how bad the refs were in our favor, they certainly didn't make enough calls to where it made us a worldly better performer on both sides of the ball... or maybe it did? Oh well, I'll take the less than world beating performance from Flacco if he can lead two potential GWDs in the 4th Qrt over just throwing a screen pass where the WR did most of the heavy lifting for the score, the guy who, without that completion goes:
16/37 (43%)- 186 yd (5.03 Y/A), 1 TD

Flacco played bad for a good part of the game, but no question he was on in the 4th. One of his INTs bounced off the hands of Jacoby Jones and if caught likely leads to us scoring on our previous drive.

In no world did I see Cassel have a superior game, let alone a vastly superior game. He did nothing more than manage the game. Flacco had 50 attempted passes in poor conditions... turned the ball over more, but also completed more passes (56%) and scored on more occasions (3 TDs)... which, with the Ravens winning the game by 3 points... scoring more points definitely meant the difference between the two players in this game where both QBs played crappy in crappy conditions.

17/38 (45%)- 265 yds (6.97 YA), 2 TDs

VS

28/50 (56%)- 245 yds (4.9 YA), 3 TDs, 3 INTs

Is only worlds better if one is into stat watching. I don't think anyone watching that Patterson play thought... 'WOW, what an excellent pass by Cassel to give Patterson the score.' He hit a receiver in contested situations, he didn't lead him with a beautiful pass or look off a defender to clear some space for an open field of YAC... Literally a HS quarterback could have made that pass and the same result happens on that play. And not a prep star, my HS QB could have made that pass... and Patterson goes in for the score...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: