Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-6) VS Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1)..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player on either team is most likely to take a selfie after this game?
Torrey Smith.. clearly this dude is a twitter fiend...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Ray Rice.. He might actually have a decent game..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Adrian Peterson.. A bathroom pic, he'll be sending it to Gina Gibiatti..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Josh Freeman.. everyone else will be working hard at practice...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a nice synopsis of the end of the game:

And then there’s the ending of Vikings-Ravens. Through the first 57 minutes, this was a dull game, notable mostly for Adrian Peterson getting carted off the field. And then something amazing happened. with 2:05 to play, Baltimore’s Joe Flacco hit Dennis Pitta in the end zone for an apparent game-winning touchdown. Then, with 1:27 to play, Minnesota’s Toby Gerhart rumbled 41 yards for an apparent game-winning touchdown. Then, on the ensuing kickoff, Baltimore’s Jacoby Jones raced 77 yards for an apparent game-winning touchdown. Then, with 45 seconds left, Minnesota’s Cordarrelle Patterson raced down the field for an apparent game-winning 79-yard touchdown. And then, with four seconds left, Flacco hit Marlon Brown in the end zone for what finally was really the game-winning touchdown.

Five touchdowns in the last 2:05. Amazing. Six lead changes in the fourth quarter, the first time that has ever happened in NFL history.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/09/nfl-morning-after-a-snowy-sunday-like-no-other/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
spiritoftruth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
spiritoftruth wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
I've admittedly been one of the biggest Flacco supporters around here, so you can take all of this with a grain of salt, but I feel like today's game was a perfect case study re: Flacco.

There are certainly times when he is maddening. He throws a few ugly picks or takes a sack that isn't logical given the game situation. You want to shout at the TV screen or possibly agree with the opposing team's fan next to you in the stadium or at the bar who is saying that Flacco sucks. But then something happens. Flacco shows you those flashes of brilliance that make you think he deserves to be mentioned among the top QBs in the game today. He throws a perfect strike to Marlon Brown to win the game.

Lots of QBs show flashes, though. Even Kyle "super-" Boller had them. What makes Flacco different is his ability to bounce back from set backs and make the big plays in the big moments. He threw three picks today and it would be easy to chalk it up as a bad day for Flacco and for him/the team to fold. Throw in the Vikes quick scores late in the game and the atmosphere should have been incredibly deflated. Instead Flacco comes out on that last drive with ice water in his veins and gets it done. He makes me think of a great pitcher in baseball who is able to go out when one of his pitches isn't working and work with around it and get + results.

Flacco wasn't perfect today, you won't catch me arguing that. Going play-by-play, it's pretty easy to shoot holes in his performance and make a stand that he's not "elite." After that game today, in conjunction with his body of work, is there anyone here who can honestly say that they don't feel comfortable with Joe in there on the big stage when the game is on the line? Maybe he's not your #1 pick to start one big game, but he's certainly on the short list.

Maybe he's not Manning or Brady, and maybe he never will be, but he's OUR guy and he's shown that he has the ability to win it all. Raise your beers, here's to Joe!

He's not Manning or Brady, and he never will be, and refuses to work as hard as it takes to become them, but he sure has hell is setup to be paid like them. He should definitely renegotiate to a much much much lower contract come time.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that he would be as good as Manning or Brady, if he just worked harder at it. The dissonance between potential and actual isn't something that can just be addressed by working as hard as you can. People don't work that way, generally.

Flacco's ceiling is as high as those guys, but his floor is much lower. I think that's just who he is, and probably who he always will be. Whether it's due to his mental makeup, the way he processes information, or whatever.

But what I like about him is, even if he's playing terribly, his belief in himself never wavers, like it does with so many other QBs. He can make a horrendous mistake, shake it off, and go out and throw the same ball again, and have it work. He can throw three picks and stink for three and a half quarters, then drive his team down the field, with no time left, to score gamewinning TDs. Twice.

But you know what? Last year, when it really counted, Joe beat both Brady and Manning. Not just beat them, he outplayed them. He would have beaten Brady the year before too, except for... well, you know.

True. With other QBs putting up this ridiculous numbers it becomes hard to remember that clutch play is what wins in the playoffs.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's harder to be a Flacco fan because you almost have to weather a 16-game storm and HOPE that come playoff time Flacco shows his true colors, whereas other elite QB's play well for those 16 or so games and then you have to hope that come playoff time they choke.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to win gentlemen, way to win. That game was ridiculous lol. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
It's harder to be a Flacco fan because you almost have to weather a 16-game storm and HOPE that come playoff time Flacco shows his true colors, whereas other elite QB's play well for those 16 or so games and then you have to hope that come playoff time they choke.

I imagine it's also pretty brutal to watch your team dominate all season long and then have a quick exit after a playoff flop.

At this point, Ravens fans have become as resilient as our team.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I imagine it's also pretty brutal to watch your team dominate all season long and then have a quick exit after a playoff flop.

At this point, Ravens fans have become as resilient as our team.

Which is why I'm just patiently waiting for the Broncos' first round exit. I think I'm slowly beginning to learn that the regular season is meaningless. The only thing that matters in the regular season is making the playoffs. Doesn't matter who has the best record, the best stats, all of that stuff is irrelevant, and that's what makes the Ravens unique in my mind.

It's like Harbaugh always says, this team doesn't win pretty. We don't break records, we don't dominate teams, but we (usually) find ways to win, and we know how to win playoff games. We won the Superbowl with the 28th ranked defense filled with completely replaceable players at all levels of defense. Once you're in the dance, everything you did in the regular season means jack, which is what I'm slowly coming around to.

So, in conclusion, I'd much rather be in our position, knowing that come playoff time, I am rooting for a team that I can trust and know that they have what it takes to win those big playoff games, rather than enjoying a great 14-2 season as a Broncos fan and then finding myself watching other teams play in the playoffs after they fail to win a single game because that team is built to win regular season games, not playoff games.

BlaqOptic wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-watched the highlights, and do you guys realize how PERFECT that last throw from Joe was?

It literally misses the leaping linebackers reach by about 1 inch, perfect touch, perfect accuracy, perfect throw to win a game in those conditions, and NOBODY is talking about it today. If that had been ANY OTHER Superbowl-winning QB or "elite" QB, there'd be people everywhere talking about it, but since it's Joe Flacco and the Ravens, it was just "meh, another game the Ravens won. Good for them. BUT HOW ABOUT BRADY AND THAT COMEBACK!!! GOAT!!"

That throw was just so perfect on so many levels.

BlaqOptic wrote:
LRaven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully on nfl.com's Top 5 catches, it's #1.

Please don't turn on Joe/Harbaugh like we all know you will
mddeckie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I just re-watched the highlights, and do you guys realize how PERFECT that last throw from Joe was?

It literally misses the leaping linebackers reach by about 1 inch, perfect touch, perfect accuracy, perfect throw to win a game in those conditions, and NOBODY is talking about it today. If that had been ANY OTHER Superbowl-winning QB or "elite" QB, there'd be people everywhere talking about it, but since it's Joe Flacco and the Ravens, it was just "meh, another game the Ravens won. Good for them. BUT HOW ABOUT BRADY AND THAT COMEBACK!!! GOAT!!"

It was a perfect throw. I dont mind not having the attention though. I have no doubt Flacco will win us another Superbowl and maybe then we will get some attention. Maybe not this yr, but were one good draft class away from being a real contender for yrs to come once again. we have the major pieces in place and as long as number 5 is back there I like our chances in the playoffs. Its going to be a fun next few years.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Nice to see optimistic SnA come out for a week. I'm sure you'll be back to the regular you if Joe performs badly next week Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Nice to see optimistic SnA come out for a week. I'm sure you'll be back to the regular you if Joe performs badly next week Wink

Or will I? Cool

BlaqOptic wrote:
MichaelDeSanta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
How Vikings fans are going to feel after this weekend is over and our defense has just crushed their spirits and Joe Flacco goes HAM against that poor excuse for an NFL defense:

How Ravens fans feel knowing that Flacco's getting his Jason Witten back just in time for the Ravens to make a tremendous Superbowl run and troll the league once again:

How Joe Flacco feels knowing that his BFF is coming back:

And lastly, people may ask me if I'm all-aboard the "Ravens to the Superbowl" train...Well:

lots of ego from a team that had to beat the worst defense in the NFL in the final 4 seconds.."HAM", rofl. Rolling Eyes
Rule #1 of the NFL - Cowboys Suck.

NFC Team - Minnesota Vikings
AFC Team - New England Patriots
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelDeSanta wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
How Vikings fans are going to feel after this weekend is over and our defense has just crushed their spirits and Joe Flacco goes HAM against that poor excuse for an NFL defense:

How Ravens fans feel knowing that Flacco's getting his Jason Witten back just in time for the Ravens to make a tremendous Superbowl run and troll the league once again:

How Joe Flacco feels knowing that his BFF is coming back:

And lastly, people may ask me if I'm all-aboard the "Ravens to the Superbowl" train...Well:

lots of ego from a team that had to beat the worst defense in the NFL in the final 4 seconds.."HAM", rofl. Rolling Eyes

80 yards in less than 45 seconds. Yeah, he went HAM when it mattered.

BlaqOptic wrote:
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelDeSanta wrote:

First of all, that was posted well before the game and is very typical stuff to start a GDT.

Second of all, you are supposed to troll after a team LOSES. We don't give a [hoot] that we didn't win pretty/convincingly.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
MichaelDeSanta wrote:

First of all, that was posted well before the game and is very typical stuff to start a GDT.

Second of all, you are supposed to troll after a team LOSES. We don't give a [hoot] that we didn't win pretty/convincingly.

This made me think of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: