Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-6) VS Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1)..
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player on either team is most likely to take a selfie after this game?
Torrey Smith.. clearly this dude is a twitter fiend...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Ray Rice.. He might actually have a decent game..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Adrian Peterson.. A bathroom pic, he'll be sending it to Gina Gibiatti..
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Josh Freeman.. everyone else will be working hard at practice...
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Week 14 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-6) VS Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1).. Reply with quote

With 2013 almost over, the Oxford dictionary released it's Official Word of the Year. To present this prestigious word, we bring you Pete Eckhart of The League...

@Ravens: My SELFIE with Adrian Peterson before he loses to you guys! Go Ravens!

#PetersonSucks
#RevengeIsSweet
#NoLoveAmongEskimoBrothers
#GinaGibiattiILoveYou
#Sizzle

Baltimore Ravens = 6-6

Minnesota Vikings = 3-8-1

Game info
Where: M&T Bank Stadium (The Lion's Den)
When: December 8, 2013- 1:00 PM EST
TV: FOX (WBFF)

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that show.

Props to NS922!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Vikings fans are going to feel after this weekend is over and our defense has just crushed their spirits and Joe Flacco goes HAM against that poor excuse for an NFL defense:

How Ravens fans feel knowing that Flacco's getting his Jason Witten back just in time for the Ravens to make a tremendous Superbowl run and troll the league once again:

How Joe Flacco feels knowing that his BFF is coming back:

And lastly, people may ask me if I'm all-aboard the "Ravens to the Superbowl" train...Well:

BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
#Ravens OLB Elvis Dumervil is DOUBTFUL for Sunday's game.

DE Canty (shoulder), CB Jackson (thigh), WR Stokley (knee) and CB Webb (abs) are QUESTIONABLE. CB Smith is PROBABLE. S Trawick ruled out.

Vikings have RULED OUT QB Christian Ponder (concussion), TE Kyle Rudolph (foot) and CB Josh Robinson (chest).

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (groin) is QUESTIONABLE.

I like it.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would probably be a decent week to not have Dumervil. Even though Peterson is questionable I doubt he doesn't play and having Upshaw in there more often should help the run defense quite a bit even though it's still been pretty good even with Dumervil in there.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Rudolph out is big.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Kyle Rudolph out is big.

Why do you say that exactly?

He hasn't been having that impressive a season from what I've seen... and our defense against opposing TEs has actually been pretty solid this year FTMP.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
#Ravens OLB Elvis Dumervil is DOUBTFUL for Sunday's game.

DE Canty (shoulder), CB Jackson (thigh), WR Stokley (knee) and CB Webb (abs) are QUESTIONABLE. CB Smith is PROBABLE. S Trawick ruled out.

Vikings have RULED OUT QB Christian Ponder (concussion), TE Kyle Rudolph (foot) and CB Josh Robinson (chest).

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (groin) is QUESTIONABLE.

I like it.

Looks like it'll be another week before we activate Pitta then. I feel like they would have done it by now otherwise.

In terms of this report. I'd rather we just sit Dumervil to allow him to get his body right. We have the depth at OLB to get by. Upshaw is a better run stuffer and a quality pass rushing option... and I'd like to see what we've got in John Simon. Wonder if his preseason impact was just due to him playing against lesser competition. Would be interesting to see if he can't make a greater impact with real-time action against starting options.

In terms of this matchup, Vikings fans have been hyping up Xavier Rhodes as of late, yet no corner this year has really shut down Torrey Smith outside of Sam Shields in that Green Bay game. Smith found ways to get open against Haden x2, Taylor x2, Joseph, and Cromartie. So I'll be interested in seeing how Rhodes matches up with Smith's speed and all around route running capabilities. Unless the Vikings make a concerted effort to take Smith out of the game, I doubt single or double coverage will stop him from producing some big plays through the course of the game. But perhaps Rhodes matches up better with Torrey than all but Shields. Should be a nice matchup to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Kyle Rudolph out is big.

He hasn't been having that impressive a season from what I've seen... and our defense against opposing TEs has actually been pretty solid this year FTMP.

Last week Heath Miller ran through us pretty easily. Largely against a flat-footed Barnes in coverage.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Kyle Rudolph out is big.

Last week Heath Miller ran through us pretty easily. Largely against a flat-footed Barnes in coverage.

Miller is a quality route runner and Big Ben is the only QB that avoids sacks like its cooties on the playground. If we get him down on the occasions where most QBs would be going down, Miller is open much less often. I doubt we have that particular issue against the Vikings.

I mean, I can recall Scott Chandler, Jordan Cameron (x1), and Heath Miller having quality games... and maybe you'd include Bennett from Chicago for that idiotic call by Pees to have Webb guarding him on that deep ball in overtime. But even with this list, it was mostly just a big play by Cameron against an inexperienced Elam that contributed to his great game against us the first time around.

EDIT: And that's not really a part of Rudolph's game. He's more of the redzone option type target. Doesn't seem to get great separation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Kyle Rudolph out is big.

Bynes*
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bynes is terrible in coverage. I guess with that in mind any TE could pose a threat but overall the defense has contained them fairly well. Only Julius Thomas in the first game really did anything noteworthy.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Bynes is terrible in coverage. I guess with that in mind any TE could pose a threat but overall the defense has contained them fairly well. Only Julius Thomas in the first game really did anything noteworthy.

I knew I was forgetting someone obvious. Completely forgot about Thomas in the first game. So yeah Thomas and Miller were the only two to have games where they consistently beat our defenders.

Most of the other TE performances were the result of one big play/coverage breakdown. Cameron, Chandler, and Bennett all come to mind. But they were all mostly contained throughout the game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I knew I was forgetting someone obvious. Completely forgot about Thomas in the first game. So yeah Thomas and Miller were the only two to have games where they consistently beat our defenders.

Most of the other TE performances were the result of one big play/coverage breakdown. Cameron, Chandler, and Bennett all come to mind. But they were all mostly contained throughout the game.

Still doesn't change the fact that having a good TE like Rudolph healthy against our defense, which over the past two years has been known to leave TE's wide freaking open on almost one play per game could hurt us.

But either way, even if Rudolph is wide open, not a good chance their QB is going to find him and then make a catchable pass. Laughing
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already reported in the Pitta thread, but Pitta has been activated to play in this game... which means he all but certainly will be playing in this game, at least a few snaps. Because we didn't NEED to activate him for this week. Methinks this was the plan all along, but Harbaugh just wanted to be coy about it and not give the opponents any extra advantage about planning around Pitta.

And how about the Ravens medical team... First Suggs comes back earlier than anybody ever expected from his torn Achilles injury. Then Lewis comes back earlier than anticipated from his tricep tear. And then now Dennis Pitta returns early from an almost career ending dislocated and fractured hip. This medical team deserves a clear round of applause. Applause Applause

I can't wait to see the crowd's reaction to Pitta on the field.

I wonder exactly how fast Pitta will be able to run. He's been cleared by a host of doctors. But what does that mean exactly. That he's not likely to re-injure the hip at this point. That he's at 100% healed. I guess we'll have know tomorrow what it means, but it'll be interesting to see how he moves out there. His quickness/soft hips was a big part of his game and it's impossible to tell if that will still be an undeniable part of his game moving forward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: