Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agent Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9237
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: 2014 Free Agent Thread Reply with quote

Figured since our Super Bowl run will have to wait until next season we might as well start up a FA thread where we can discuss our own players or others we would like to add.

In the General area guy fired up a thread about potential salary cap cuts:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=537128&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

From reading the draft thread it seems like most would like to add a pass rusher come draft time. From the looks of things we should be adding one during the FA period. Jared Allen, Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson, Justin Tuck, Michael Bennett to name a few will be available. Reading through the potential cap cuts thread guys like Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril, Julius Peppers, Robert Geathers could be available.

An early look at our cap situation tells me we will have ZERO issue going after any of these guys if we choose thanks to our rock star gm (r&p Wink )

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/1928/looking-at-bucs-2014-salary-cap

Quote:
As it stands right now, the Bucs would have about $10 million to play with in free agency. But there’s more good news on the horizon. They are just over $7 million under this year’s salary cap and they can carry any unused space over until next year.

The other tactic the Bucs could use (and they used it last year with Carl Nicks and Vincent Jackson) would be to push more of the 2014 salary-cap hit for Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson into bonus money before the end of this season.

Either way the Bucs go about it, they should have somewhere around $17 million in cap space for 2014.


$17,000,000... and throw in either a few guys being let go or at least their contracts being a little more team friendly.

Myself I hope we add a Greg Hardy, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen in FA and come draft time load up on offensive weapons for our future Mike Glennon. If there is a guy too good to pass up ie. Clowney you take him but if it's close and we have already added a pass rusher I think it's a must we go Watkins.
_________________

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5710
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather go TE in free agency than the draft... but its really hard to say right now before the re-signings begin and we can see who actually hits the free agent market

And I don't really want to depend on a big signing after all these guys we've signed the last couple years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8484
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha rock star gm. I agree he knows how to over pay for average players and manage the cap well. So did Bruce Allen. Can't draft. Kept freeman too long.

Back to FA. I'd say we add one impact DE. Hardy would be awesome as Carolina has to sign cam and there cap situation is tight right now.
Johnson could come cheap with a down year.
Allen is a vet that will probably get a deal similar to freeny and osi did last year.

I'd then use FA to add depth to wr, OL, & DT. Get a guy like Julian Edelman, Emanuel sanders, Doug Baldwin at wr. I'd cut nicks to free some salary. Restructure Joseph.

Hold out on penn though. I'd say we keep him unless we draft Matthews. I think we have time to decide on nicks and penn after the draft.

Haven't done the run down on free agent Tackles. Oher would be an upgrade over Dotson at RT. Id look for a cb as well to fill and compete at the nickel.

Oh yeah. Sucks we can't cut Goldson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8484
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I would rather go TE in free agency than the draft... but its really hard to say right now before the re-signings begin and we can see who actually hits the free agent market

And I don't really want to depend on a big signing after all these guys we've signed the last couple years


What TE are really available in FA? Draft might be the better option. I don't see 3 of them going in round 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4137
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
I would rather go TE in free agency than the draft... but its really hard to say right now before the re-signings begin and we can see who actually hits the free agent market

And I don't really want to depend on a big signing after all these guys we've signed the last couple years


What TE are really available in FA? Draft might be the better option. I don't see 3 of them going in round 1.


Ed Dickson Dennis Pitta Greg Olsen Dustin Keller
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
#FireLovie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8484
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
I would rather go TE in free agency than the draft... but its really hard to say right now before the re-signings begin and we can see who actually hits the free agent market

And I don't really want to depend on a big signing after all these guys we've signed the last couple years


What TE are really available in FA? Draft might be the better option. I don't see 3 of them going in round 1.


Ed Dickson Dennis Pitta Greg Olsen Dustin Keller


Keller suffered a horrendous injury to his knee. Pretty much tore everything.

Olson I'm sure signed an extension.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3573
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not Bucs related but I am going to enjoy watching this so much since I hate the Saints....

But how big of a contract do you guys think Jimmy Graham will demand? He is hands down the best TE in the game today and I am sure will want to be paid like one. Plus they have like 6 other starters that will be free agents and it wont be easy with Brees contact....oh how fun will that be to watch.


I say Graham gets 5 year 40m with 15 guaranteed, and Saints have no room to sign anyone else
_________________
wrote:
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8484
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
This is not Bucs related but I am going to enjoy watching this so much since I hate the Saints....

But how big of a contract do you guys think Jimmy Graham will demand? He is hands down the best TE in the game today and I am sure will want to be paid like one. Plus they have like 6 other starters that will be free agents and it wont be easy with Brees contact....oh how fun will that be to watch.


I say Graham gets 5 year 40m with 15 guaranteed, and Saints have no room to sign anyone else


Yeah. Saints have some tough decisions to make. They won't resign Malcolm Jenkins who is a play maker back there. They're going to have to clear room. They're not letting graham go but their team as a whole is going to be decimated.

I also think the Panthers can't resign Hardy. He'll probably get 6-7.5 mil on the market a year. And they have Cam in a contract year. And they're limited on cap space as it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9237
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
I say Graham gets 5 year 40m with 15 guaranteed, and Saints have no room to sign anyone else


$8,000,000 a year... Cook just signed for $7,500,000 per if I'm not mistaken. I think Graham will be asking for $10,000,000 per and if I was running the Bucs orginization I would have zero issue paying him that much and actually hope if talks do get ugly that word gets out that we are willing to pay him that much.
_________________

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3573
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I say Graham gets 5 year 40m with 15 guaranteed, and Saints have no room to sign anyone else


$8,000,000 a year... Cook just signed for $7,500,000 per if I'm not mistaken. I think Graham will be asking for $10,000,000 per and if I was running the Bucs orginization I would have zero issue paying him that much and actually hope if talks do get ugly that word gets out that we are willing to pay him that much.


True, the good thing about Glennon or who ever comes in is we aren't paying them some stupid money like Brees,Rodgers,Ryan,Flacco,Romo etc... so we got room to spend in other areas
_________________
wrote:
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8484
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. But it's a bit of a down fall right now that we don't have that proven qb that can get us to the playoffs. Glennon has been a nice surprise and shown promise but well see how this pans out. I'm all for surrounding him with the pieces. Next 4 games a big for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8484
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Johnson could come as cheap as Michael Bennett of not cheaper. He's having a down year. Could get him and Allen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14068
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Michael Johnson could come as cheap as Michael Bennett of not cheaper. He's having a down year. Could get him and Allen.


That's a big pipe dream. I sure hope we do though. Loved him since that 2009 draft
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5710
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think fred davis is gonna be a free agent, I think he'd be a good pick-up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3573
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I think fred davis is gonna be a free agent, I think he'd be a good pick-up


Yup, and the Redskins have Jordan Reed so I doubt they keep Davis
_________________
wrote:
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 1 of 88

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group