Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BeastHawks vs San Fran-Harbaugh Whiners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winner?
The Seahawks
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Harbaughs pleas with the refs
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The 49ers fans, spared from the embarrassment of playoff contention
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Kaepernick's first read (AKA a Whiner victory)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Plush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
We need to get the Giants thread up.

This is too depressing.

After you, sir
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to stop in and say good game, guys. I had this one marked down as a loss. You take Gore's 51 yard run away and it's very likely a win for Seattle.

Definitely not looking forward to possibly playing in Seattle again this year. Best of luck the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going back and re-watching the game tonight and may have more detailed Dude-nalysis... but here are my initial thoughts. (Initial, as in early, but still after letting the anger and frustration dissipate for 24-ish hours...)

Key plays/calls (of what I recall off the top of my head) that most greatly impacted the game:

SEA:
1) Willson's TD catch
2) Maxwell's INT
3) Any one of a couple of 3rd down sacks, switching field position
4) Kearse's 3rd down catch from out of nowhere, saving that drive

SF:
1) Blocked punt
2) Gore 50 yard run
3) Kaepernick's 3rd and 7 option conversion
4) There were at least 4 really impressive key catches by Crabtree/Boldin
5) Justin Smith's Oscar-worthy flop on Okung's 'hold', negating a killer Beastmode run.
6) Several scheme wins that resulted in sacks/hurries, etc. SF DL > SEA OL yesterday.

Blown calls:
1) "Changed our minds" forward progress ruling, negating a turnover (SF)
2) Iffy 15-yard taunting call on Whitner (might have been justified, but unless he said something particularly criminal... let 'em play, let 'em jaw at each other) (SEA).
3) Iffy OPI call on Tate... fine with it if it's called both ways, which it wasn't. (SF)
4) Failure to recognize Wilson's TO call (SF)
5) Failure to stop the play clock on one of SF's late first quarter drives - cost them a valuable TO (SEA)
6) Missed late hit call (I don't recall who it was... but our guy popped a 9er a good 2 seconds after the play) (SEA)
7) Incomplete Pass, called a Completion, but never reviewed - key First Down (SF)
8] Lane's 'facemask' penalty - he did graze the 9er mask, but then got spun around by his own facemask. Key play on that punt, gave field position to assist in that FG drive. (SF)
9) Weaksauce catch-interference call on another punt. Guy calls fair catch, then runs 3 yards to his left to bump into Schofield. Dumb of Schofield not to give way, but if ever a no-call were the right call, that was it (SF)
10) I'm sure I'll see a handful of missed holds, ticky-tack holds, missed PI and ticky-tack PI calls and they'll probably even out between the teams, though it sure felt as if the entire crew was watching our DBs... well played Harbaugh, well played. (Even)
11) Early on, there was a route run by Crabtree on Maxwell... Crabtree pushed off, then Maxwell tugged his jersey. Both should have been called, neither was... (Even)

Overall, I think the 49ers outplayed Seattle, but left too many points on the board with those four field goals and had the flag-a-thon not favored the home team quite so notably, we might have snuck away with a win. That didn't happen and honestly, I feel as if SF played their A-game and we brought our B-game... can't blame the zebras for that.

Well played, SF... I guess it's *still* a rivalry. You're not our lapdogs just yet - we'll sweep *next* season. Wink

TommyC376 on the Sig
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I don't think the officiating favored one side but that fumble by Crabtree should have been challengeable in my opinion it was not forward progress and Crabtree was not down.

Quote:
Regarding your tweets, in the SF game, it shouldn't have been forward progress & Crabtree wasn't down

https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/409823665186799616
I know. But our team should be good enough to overcome that

I feel your guys' pain with that one, simply because of this play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moFbidNll28

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I love how everyone is making it out to seem like Sherman was blaming the refs for the loss.

Go to NFL.com and read the article titled "Sherman blames refs for loss". It's all quotes from the 49ers team website which doesn't once mention Sherman blaming the officials for the loss.

He says two things:

1) SF got the benefit of the calls and that helped them on 3rd down. Okay, that's his opinion, certainly not blaming the officials on losing the game there.

2) The difference [in the game] was penalties. Yep, that's just a fact. Seattle was flagged 9 times and SF 7. Again, doesn't blame the officiating.

Then you reference the fact that Sherman himself tweeted that Seattle gave the game away and it's just a trifecta of horrible journalism coupled with an obvious agenda towards Sherman and the Seahawks and all the morons of the world are just feeding off of it. Disgusts me.

How is that a fact? i thought the refs called a good game. The right amount of letting them play vs throwing the flag. I saw a block in the back during one of your guys' returns that wasnt called, you guys also had a false start that wasnt called either and I seem to remember you guys getting a big gain on that play. I fail to see how any of the calls outside of the crabtree fumble were called incorrectly and against you guys. All of the defensive holding calls were on point. as The dude says in the post above this one, missed calls on both sides. but the fact remains we outplayed and outcoached you this time. the past two times you had done that to us, and the 3 times before that we did it to you Laughing

And yes, when someone says that the other team got the benefit of the calls, that is indeed blaming the officials, whether you want to admit it or not.

Like you said seatle was flagged 9 times, and the niners 7, I fail to see how that really gave us an advantage Confused

The bottom line is this: your corners get away with more holding than I have ever seen in my entire life. this was the first time where I have seen the refs throw the flag on a consistent basis, despite the fact that sherman is notorious for grabbing jersey past 5 yards. I saw a few different plays where our WRs would beat your corners on a double move and your guys would just grab on for dear life. usually your team gets away with it, but not this week. thats why sherman was complaining. in his mind he isnt doing anything wrong because normally he gets away with it. this week, the refs were watching for extra contact and threw the flag when they saw it. I can only hope that the refs continue to ENFORCE THE RULES because your secondary has been flirting with the grey area for far too long and getting away with it. I dont really see how you can refute this point, but im sure there are pigeon fans out there who will try.

The play where boldin and sherman both went up for the ball and boldin caught it and sherman got called for a penalty that was declined is exactly what I am talking about. boldin ran an out and up, sherman bit on the out, knew he was beaten and grabbed boldin's jersey before the ball was even thrown. which is why it was a defensive holding and not pass interference, even though there was contact when the ball was in the air as well. Sherman then was complaining to the refs, something he was doing a lot of all game. So then couple that with what he says about the calls and yes... he is blaming the officials for the loss.

Heres to the cardinals winning in week 16 and the rams in week 17 Mr. Green

Oh and I loved the banner that flew around the stadium yesterday, you guys should pay thousands of dollars to support the bay area economy every game, considering it worked out so well for you this time Laughing

how does it feel to know that russell wilson and pete carroll will NEVER win a game at candlestick?
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it feel to be second in the NFC west again? How does it feel to know that any playoff progress you make is futile with the beat down that awaits you? How does it feel to get destroyed in the road and pull late game heroics out of your backside in order to win at home?

It's amazing how high and how low 49ers fans get after every game. What a peak&valley fanbase

PS-You saw evey holding penalty and thought they were called fairly? Why lie? So you saw the holding call on Sherman when Krap was clearly outside of the pocket?
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Niner fans are so classy.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
How does it feel to be second in the NFC west again? How does it feel to know that any playoff progress you make is futile with the beat down that awaits you? How does it feel to get destroyed in the road and pull late game heroics out of your backside in order to win at home?

It's amazing how high and how low 49ers fans get after every game. What a peak&valley fanbase

PS-You saw evey holding penalty and thought they were called fairly? Why lie? So you saw the holding call on Sherman when Krap was clearly outside of the pocket?

what do you mean again? im pretty sure that we have won the NFCW the past two seasons. fyi the past 4 superbowl winners were all wildcard teams, so maybe its not such a bad thing.

talk all you want about the playoffs, it will be settled on the field. I have confidence in my team, clearly you guys have a lot in yours aswell, as both of us should. I like playing you guys because I think it makes us a better football team. I think the first game was a lot closer than people care to remember.. it was 5-3 at halftime. I dont think you guys are unbeatable there, only a matter of time before wilson loses there and I hope its in the playoffs Twisted Evil

Its amazing how big the egos of seatle's fanbase has gotten. what a loud and truculent fan base ... see I can do it too. I am very even keel and optimistic when it comes to this team. I agree theres lots of "niners fans" who get really depressed when things dont go great, but i dont really consider those people to be fans. I went to every game when we were 2-14 and never left early and I will be there until the day I die. So when we lose and are still above 500, its easy for me to feel good about it.

I am a season ticket holder with exceptional seats, so yes, I did see a lot of the defensive holding by your secondary that was going on because I was looking for it, as were the refs. I also tape everygame and watch it when I get home and on the telecast they showed the replay pretty much everytime they called defensive holding against you guys and I would have to say that they were all the correct calls. I didnt see one that really caught my attention as being called incorrectly. If you have gifs or videos that suggest otherwise than i will have no problems admitting it was the incorrect call, like I have with the crabtree fumble.

Like I said in that other post, please try and refute the fact that your secondary holds a lot and usually gets away with it. please back up your claims with actual evidence rather than just asking me, "why lie"

As to the specific play you are mentioning, please be more specific with details of the play. Was kaep rolling left, right? who was the pass to? what part of the game was it? Im fairly certain that defensive holding is still defensive holding pretty much regardless of where the QB is

Oh and officer ricky, as if seatles fan base is the classiest of the classy right? gimme a break.... check my sig. even SoS....
imani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The holding play he's referring to was when Kaep was rolling to his left and tried to throw it back across the middle to crabtree, just out of his reach. Sherman tugged his jersey as he tried to fade back to the middle, but Kaep was clearly outside of the hash. It was also a 3rd down play.

The facemask on jeremy lane was pretty bad as well. But we got some calls gifted to us as well. It was just a bad day for officials across the league.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Finchy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on winning your superbowl.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who actually played well yesterday?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Luke Willson
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Steve Hauschka.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranking impact players based on how well they normally play

Awesome

Better than Averagel
-Luke Willson
-Breno
-Clem (for the year)
-Hausch
-Lane
-McDonald

Average
-Tate
-Baldwin
-Miller
-Okung
-Unger
-Avril
-Irvin
-Wright
-Kam
-Maxwell

Below Average
-Wilson
-Lynch
-Kearse
-Smith
-Sherman
-Thomas
-Bennett

Awful
-Wagner
-Ryan (compared to normal)

ram29jackson wrote:
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I had said before, it wasn't just Earl that messed up on the run. He took an awful angle but we hung him out to dry hard.

Either Wags or Kam over-pursued badly here. I thought it was Wags live, but watching the GIF it's difficult to tell. Either way, both were manning the same gap. That wasn't supposed to happen. On the backside Smith did what I hate most out of a LB, he tried to run under the block. Rather than taking on the OL and getting his outside shoulder free he tried to slide under and get caught. All this set up Earl to be in a situation where Earl had to tackle Gore one on one in a hole bigger than you'd have to defend in an okie drill. Unfortunately, Earl got caught flowing hard outside too and was just sitting there flatfooted, another awful angle from the defense.

EDIT
The biggest culprit here is definitely Kam

ram29jackson wrote:
mindsink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

how does it feel to know that russell wilson and pete carroll will NEVER win a game at candlestick?

49er logic:

1.) Win by two points at home against the Seahawks coming off a short week.

Conclusion: Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll will NEVER win a game at the stick.

2.) Get blown out by a combined 71-16 in the last two games vs the Seahawks in Seattle.

Conclusion: 49ers can beat the Seahawks in Seattle because the last game was only 5-0 at halftime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: