Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BeastHawks vs San Fran-Harbaugh Whiners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winner?
The Seahawks
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Harbaughs pleas with the refs
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The 49ers fans, spared from the embarrassment of playoff contention
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Kaepernick's first read (AKA a Whiner victory)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
union hawk fan wrote:
Anybody else worried about playing Carolina in the playoffs? No one else makes me nervous like they do, great defense and Cam, could be a tough out in January


They're a poor-man's version of SF, with the only exception being that Cam is better than Kaepernick.

Their defense isn't as good, their running backs aren't as good, WR's aren't as good, TE isn't as good, and the offensive line isn't as good.

They don't scare me as a playoff team one bit, especially in Seattle.

On another note, when's the last time Richard Sherman truly had a good game this year? Houston? SF #1?


No, not at all. Carolina is the team id love to face. Personally I think we would dominate them. Don't know why everyone is so scared of them or has them to beat us.
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21300
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Like Sherman said, the refs really aided the win for SF. I'm not gonna say that's the only reason they won, but wow some of those calls were very questionable. Seems like about 3 times we had a nice play for a first down it was brought back on penalty and killed our drives. Then some other questionable calls gave SF extra life on offense. But hey, still 11-2. Fantastic year. Let's the niners enjoy their super bowl today, we may seem them again in the playoffs and it will be a whole different ball game. They can't hang at the Clink
The calls were in their favor, but I didn't think it was poorly officiated enough to claim that as the reason. We just got out played. Russ was off on a couple throws just enough and we couldn't get the run game going. The D played well aside from the one run.

Jon Ryan wasn't getting the usual distance on his punts. Field position was an issue today.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1143
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Like Sherman said, the refs really aided the win for SF. I'm not gonna say that's the only reason they won, but wow some of those calls were very questionable. Seems like about 3 times we had a nice play for a first down it was brought back on penalty and killed our drives. Then some other questionable calls gave SF extra life on offense. But hey, still 11-2. Fantastic year. Let's the niners enjoy their super bowl today, we may seem them again in the playoffs and it will be a whole different ball game. They can't hang at the Clink
The calls were in their favor, but I didn't think it was poorly officiated enough to claim that as the reason. We just got out played. Russ was off on a couple throws just enough and we couldn't get the run game going. The D played well aside from the one run.

Jon Ryan wasn't getting the usual distance on his punts. Field position was an issue today.


Pretty much summed it up Tats. We lost this game, the refs didnt screw us. If Kaep was even average we get blown out.

We need to get the run game going in a bad way. I feel like its been far too long isnce weve seen a 150yds game out of Lynch and were going to need that from him.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21300
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Like Sherman said, the refs really aided the win for SF. I'm not gonna say that's the only reason they won, but wow some of those calls were very questionable. Seems like about 3 times we had a nice play for a first down it was brought back on penalty and killed our drives. Then some other questionable calls gave SF extra life on offense. But hey, still 11-2. Fantastic year. Let's the niners enjoy their super bowl today, we may seem them again in the playoffs and it will be a whole different ball game. They can't hang at the Clink
The calls were in their favor, but I didn't think it was poorly officiated enough to claim that as the reason. We just got out played. Russ was off on a couple throws just enough and we couldn't get the run game going. The D played well aside from the one run.

Jon Ryan wasn't getting the usual distance on his punts. Field position was an issue today.


Pretty much summed it up Tats. We lost this game, the refs didnt screw us. If Kaep was even average we get blown out.

We need to get the run game going in a bad way. I feel like its been far too long isnce weve seen a 150yds game out of Lynch and were going to need that from him.
I get that the 49ers are great at setting the edge with Brooks and Aldon, but we ignored the off-tackle runs far too much. Our best run (which was called back by a somewhat unneeded holding by Okung- he should've just kept driving him) was off-tackle to the left.

I do really like the development of Luke Willson
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3939
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the officiating favored one side but that fumble by Crabtree should have been challengeable in my opinion it was not forward progress and Crabtree was not down.

Quote:
Regarding your tweets, in the SF game, it shouldn't have been forward progress & Crabtree wasn't down


https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/409823665186799616
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21300
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I don't think the officiating favored one side but that fumble by Crabtree should have been challengeable in my opinion it was not forward progress and Crabtree was not down.

Quote:
Regarding your tweets, in the SF game, it shouldn't have been forward progress & Crabtree wasn't down


https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/409823665186799616
I know. But our team should be good enough to overcome that
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1143
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Like Sherman said, the refs really aided the win for SF. I'm not gonna say that's the only reason they won, but wow some of those calls were very questionable. Seems like about 3 times we had a nice play for a first down it was brought back on penalty and killed our drives. Then some other questionable calls gave SF extra life on offense. But hey, still 11-2. Fantastic year. Let's the niners enjoy their super bowl today, we may seem them again in the playoffs and it will be a whole different ball game. They can't hang at the Clink
The calls were in their favor, but I didn't think it was poorly officiated enough to claim that as the reason. We just got out played. Russ was off on a couple throws just enough and we couldn't get the run game going. The D played well aside from the one run.

Jon Ryan wasn't getting the usual distance on his punts. Field position was an issue today.


Pretty much summed it up Tats. We lost this game, the refs didnt screw us. If Kaep was even average we get blown out.

We need to get the run game going in a bad way. I feel like its been far too long isnce weve seen a 150yds game out of Lynch and were going to need that from him.
I get that the 49ers are great at setting the edge with Brooks and Aldon, but we ignored the off-tackle runs far too much. Our best run (which was called back by a somewhat unneeded holding by Okung- he should've just kept driving him) was off-tackle to the left.

I do really like the development of Luke Willson


Completely agree. Bevell still gets too in love with Russell and the pass game, a tough road game like this is where you give Shawn the rock 30 times if you have to and just pound that D and try to keep them out there.

Also I think Russ should have tried to take off and do some more damage with his feet, he seemed gun shy at times. I dont know why.

Luke Willson looks like a solid #2/3 receiving TE threat going forward. Kinda in the Scheffler mold.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27283
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought we should have put it in Wilson's hands a little more on earlier downs. We forced a lot of unnecessary third downs by running it on 2nd and long too often. I thought the play calling was pretty bland TBH.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RandomCampBody


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 2101
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I actually thought we should have put it in Wilson's hands a little more on earlier downs. We forced a lot of unnecessary third downs by running it on 2nd and long too often. I thought the play calling was pretty bland TBH.


Was going to say watching the game you could see that Lynch was not running well and they should have realised earlier and put the ball on wilson's hands more. Against the saints Wilson seemed to throw alot more on early downs when Lynch was not getting it done.

Especially when you had the short field at the end of the game it was the run run pass thing again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1325
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disapointed obviously. That Thomas miss tackle was pathetic. Looked like a college football play. If he makes that play I really don't think SF would keep driving. The D was playing well all game.

Wags didn't have a good game other than the first play the defense was on. He's gotta step up.

Penalties are awful. We're last in the league now. It's been that way since Carrol got here. I guess it isn't a big deal to him.
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20643
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how everyone is making it out to seem like Sherman was blaming the refs for the loss.

Go to NFL.com and read the article titled "Sherman blames refs for loss". It's all quotes from the 49ers team website which doesn't once mention Sherman blaming the officials for the loss.

He says two things:

1) SF got the benefit of the calls and that helped them on 3rd down. Okay, that's his opinion, certainly not blaming the officials on losing the game there.

2) The difference [in the game] was penalties. Yep, that's just a fact. Seattle was flagged 9 times and SF 7. Again, doesn't blame the officiating.

Then you reference the fact that Sherman himself tweeted that Seattle gave the game away and it's just a trifecta of horrible journalism coupled with an obvious agenda towards Sherman and the Seahawks and all the morons of the world are just feeding off of it. Disgusts me.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1933
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to a fair amount of the game on the radio, so I'll give my thoughts from that perspective.

First, I was really disappointed to hear Richard Sherman blame everything on the officials. Not because I disagree with the way he feels, I didn't watch the game so I won't comment on the validity of the calls and anyone in the forum who reads my posts knows how I feel about the refs, but because he sounds like a sore loser who just blames others for the teams misfortunes. He's a smart guy, he should know how the media manipulates that kind of stuff and yet he lets his emotions speak and he just sounds like a chump when that happens.

On to the game. SF needed this win a lot more than the 'Hawks did (though not as bad as some moronic espn columnist who suggested that this was the last chance SF would "EVER have" to prove they could keep up with the 'Hawks Rolling Eyes ) and so to only lose by 2 points against a quality opponent on the road is no great shame. Disappointing? Yes, but nothing to cry on your escort girls shoulder about.

The 'Hawks are still in a really good position to get home field advantage. If we win 2 out of the last 3 games we clinch both division and HFA. 13-3 would guarantee the 'Hawks best record in the NFC with a tie-breaker over the Saints.

I don't ever really think losses are a good thing, but I think this loss should provide some perspective for the players to let them know that if they don't play their best on both sides of the ball and put the kind of games together that they did vs. NO then they are certainly vulnerable to losing to a good opponent. Maybe after winning 7 games in a row they needed a reminder.

The penalties (whether we agree with the calls or not) are a huge hindrance to this team. As someone pointed out, it's been an issue since PC got here. It's an issue that needs to be resolved for the playoff run. We can't continue to shoot ourselves in the foot against quality opponents.

Field position was also an issue yesterday. Jon Ryan's punting was not good. I think this whole punt return yards record is a bit overblown. This team seems to be sacrificing field position for short returns. Sometimes it works, but yesterday Ryan's short punts gave SF way too much field position. There is a time and place for intentionally short punts, but there is also a time where a booming punt is needed and he seemed to forget that yesterday. Averaging 37 yards per kick is not good.

The injuries are going to be tough, but it's not like this team hasn't had to deal with that all year. Next man up. Not sure what's going on with Unger but he seems to be a bit fragile this year.

Like I said earlier, no shame in this loss. This team just needs to go out and handle business for the last 3 games. That starts Sunday in New York. The Giants are playing subpar football this year. The 'Hawks need to go in and get themselves back on track to set up the last 2 weeks at home.
_________________
“They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that’s why they hated me.”

Sheldon Cooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jazzaloha


Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 1120
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
They're a poor-man's version of SF, with the only exception being that Cam is better than Kaepernick.


But that's not small detail in my view. Even if you say that the Niner receivers and TEs are better--the difference isn't significant enough to neutralize the difference in play between the QBs.

Personally, I feel like the teams are really similar--the biggest difference being Cam's steadiness (although I didn't see him play yesterday).

Indeed, yesterday's game reminded me of the game between the 'Hawks and Panthers. Both games seemed to come down to turnovers and big plays at key moments. In that game, the Panthers had a costly turnover at the end, and I think the Seahawks made a few more crucial plays than the Panthers.

If Cam plays steady--in terms of ball security and accuracy--they can definitely beat the Seahawks--so I would be worried. (They would have a hard time beating the Seahawks in an away game, but still.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jazzaloha


Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 1120
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
The calls were in their favor,...


That's not the sense I got. Did you guys have any particular ones that stood out?

I thought Michael Robinson's illegal hands to the face was a big one--bringing bringing back a long run by Lynch. I thought that was a legitimate penalty.

Quote:
... but I didn't think it was poorly officiated enough to claim that as the reason. We just got out played. Russ was off on a couple throws just enough and we couldn't get the run game going. The D played well aside from the one run.


Wilson had at least two throws that were off--one that was really low to Golden Tate and one that went behind (Kearse or Baldwin) for a long seam pass. But the number of slightly inaccurate throws weren't beyond the normal range. Nevertheless, in a game like this, they were important.

The bigger issue were the runs that Gore got, particularly that last one. (The defense contained him and the Niner run game, for the most part, except for a 20 and 50 yarder.)

The penalties and the blocked punt was the other thing that stood out for me that was decisive.

On the other side of the ball, Kaep had accuracy problems, but he didn't seem as rattled. But once he threw that pick, I don't know if he was rattled or not, but the Niner passing game really struggled. That long run by Gore saved them.

Quote:
I get that the 49ers are great at setting the edge with Brooks and Aldon, but we ignored the off-tackle runs far too much. Our best run (which was called back by a somewhat unneeded holding by Okung- he should've just kept driving him) was off-tackle to the left.


I don't think I know enough about football to see what you're seeing. I sort of feel like the Niners just played really good defense, and I'm not sure if Seattle could have called better plays.

My feeling is that they have consciously chosen a more conservative offense--daring other teams to try and stop their run. If you can stop their run (without bringing loading the box), and create longer yardage, more obvious pass plays, you can have a chance to stopping or slowing down their offense. My sense is that beside Carolina, the Niners and maybe the Cardinals, very few teams can do this. But when the 'Hawks face a team like this--especially an offense that can sustain drives--it's going to be a close game--coming down to a few key plays.

Personally, I like the philosophy and I don't think the problem was with the play calling--but I'm open and interested in hearing people who have a different opinion on this. To me, the Niners just played really good defense, and made more plays when they had to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finchy


Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 1636
Location: Wee Britain
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get the Giants thread up.

This is too depressing.
_________________
Adopt-a-Seahawk: Percy Harvin: The Poor Man's Golden Tate.

I read a book a week, so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group