Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings stadium breaks ground today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should worry less about breaking ground and make sure the roof stays intact
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
they should worry less about breaking ground and make sure the roof stays intact

What?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:

ba dum dum tss
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:

Laughing nice.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
"The house that Moss built"?

A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be cool seeing an outside team in Minnesota for those two years.

ELRammy
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:

Hey, I can make jokes from nearly 4 years ago too!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say enough about how excited I am for this stadium the metradome was the dump and had to be replaced because of reasons already mentioned most importantly the fact that the Vikings are the most popular team in Minnesota. Anyway love the design myself but it's prodacessors not exactly a gold standard.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I'm really glad the Vikings got the stadium, I wanted to keep the North intact, but all these years and that's what they come up with? It's awful, it looks like a turtle shell. They just built two very nice stadiums in Minny. Sorry but football stadiums are meant to be bowls and give me bricks over glass any day of the week.

Just because its not your average, uber non creative brick stadium doesn't make it look horrible. I think its cool.

I guess this situation is just like jerseys. As soon as a team reveals new jerseys, everyone says they hate them because they aren't "traditional" or whatever, but then soon after everyone loves them.
I have no dog in this fight. Wasn't terribly impressed with the look of the stadium.. but then again its not my "home" if y'all are happy, right on.

And as far as the uniform thing goes. Give me the Broncos Old D helmets and Orange jerseys anyday of the week. I hated the Bronco blue Uniforms.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Virtual Tour of the stadium at this site has some new angles and features, very attractive styling:

http://www.newminnesotastadium.com/#

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is a "Multi-Function" Stadium but whats up with the Baseball aspect? Doesn't Minnesota have one of the best MLB Stadiums already. That was a college logo but why would they host a baseball game there?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
I know it is a "Multi-Function" Stadium but whats up with the Baseball aspect? Doesn't Minnesota have one of the best MLB Stadiums already. That was a college logo but why would they host a baseball game there?
$$$

The Vikings will play between 10-12 games there a year depending on playoffs, so why wouldn't they build a stadium that is multi purpose to be able to pull in money when the Vikings aren't using it? The answer is they would be stupid not to build a multi purpose stadium and get it occupied as much as possible.

Kempes on the custom sig!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
$$$

The Vikings will play between 10-12 games there a year depending on playoffs, so why wouldn't they build a stadium that is multi purpose to be able to pull in money when the Vikings aren't using it? The answer is they would be stupid not to build a multi purpose stadium and get it occupied as much as possible.
Yet they went the other way with Target Field. I know they play a ton more games, but for about 5 months it is useless. Kind of sad. I get why they did it, but they kind of did it backwards, the Vikings should have been open air and the Twins in a multipurpose stadium IMO.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

well, i think it has more to do with about half of the funding for the stadium coming from legislatively directed public funds. so they want to make sure it is not just for the benefit of the Vikings.

this link shows some different seating layouts for other sports, including basketball and hockey:

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/photo-gallery/New-Vikings-Stadium-Locker-Room-Concourses-and-More/7f60dd26-21dd-4c94-adca-50b7b100a105

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see the issue with it. 100x better than the current stadium and it brings a different visual affect by having the see thru glass. I like it. I will gladly trade O.Co Coliseum for it.

Sigged by Jamison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: