Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XV: And So It Begins (safe to read stuff!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely ridiculous. I hate it when people use legal delay tactics just because they didn't get their way. It's the equivalent of a child pouting in the supermarket who says they are going to stand in the middle of the aisle and not go anywhere because they aren't getting the cereal they want.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
tickleMEpurple

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too good to be true i guess? Let's hope this gets resolved quickly. I doubt we get the new stadium in 2016 now. How long before Wilf just says screw it and becomes a power happy owner like Jones and puts all the money up himself?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tickleMEpurple wrote:
Too good to be true i guess? Let's hope this gets resolved quickly. I doubt we get the new stadium in 2016 now. How long before Wilf just says screw it and becomes a power happy owner like Jones and puts all the money up himself?

personally I would laugh hysterically. Then whenever the state wants to use the stadium for anything, they have to pay an obscene $ to utilize it as payback for these politicians screwing with the current situation.

petty? yep

shows how much I like politicians when I'm encouraging the Wilfs to screw them over.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These arguments were already made in a lawsuit that failed. It is being appealed, but it really is a bunch of spoiled children holding their breath because their side lost.

Wilf will move the team before he puts up all the money himself, and honestly, I wouldn't blame the guy one bit.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minnesota Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered all sides in a bitter dispute over funding for the $1 billion Vikings stadium to state their case by Thursday afternoon.

Last Friday, three Minneapolis residents — former mayoral candidate Douglas Mann, his wife, Linda, and one-time city school board member David Tilsen — filed a lawsuit with the state’s highest court claiming that stadium supporters pushed through the project without a citywide vote required by the Minneapolis city charter. The state subsequently canceled a $468 million bond sale slated for this week due to the legal uncertainty created by the case.

Earlier on Tuesday, the Minnesota Department of Management and Budget filed a response that said the legal challenge “suffers from several fatal flaws.” The purported flaws include a failure to lodge their complaint in a timely manner, a lack of jurisdiction, and a flawed interpretation of the Minneapolis Constitution regarding the use of sales tax revenue to help fund the stadium.

Further, the state called for the Manns and Tilsen to post a $49.7 million surety bond to cover any losses the project suffers if the suit is unsuccessful. The challengers are representing themselves — Douglas Mann says he has paralegal training and his wife is a nonpracticing attorney.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/240157531.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Further, the state called for the Manns and Tilsen to post a $49.7 million surety bond to cover any losses the project suffers if the suit is unsuccessful. The challengers are representing themselves — Douglas Mann says he has paralegal training and his wife is a nonpracticing attorney.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/240157531.html

LMAO. Sounds like high-powered legal training to me....

Why even go through with it? You're probably going to lose $50mil just because you feel you were wronged on something that probably has 0 affect on them what-so-ever.

People like this are agitating. You lost. Tough break. Stop crying and move on with your next publicity seeking fight.

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
This is absolutely ridiculous. I hate it when people use legal delay tactics just because they didn't get their way. It's the equivalent of a child pouting in the supermarket who says they are going to stand in the middle of the aisle and not go anywhere because they aren't getting the cereal they want.

The issue is the bypassing of voters by Mpls politicians who wanted their way. No difference in that versus your complaint.

But with our extensive legal education and experience, we at FF already know the outcome of the pending Court decision. Oh, wait a minute! Smile
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
disaacs wrote:

The issue is the bypassing of voters by Mpls politicians who wanted their way. No difference in that versus your complaint.

But with our extensive legal education and experience, we at FF already know the outcome of the pending Court decision. Oh, wait a minute! Smile

I'll disagree that it's the same, because politicians are elected to make the tough decisions. If he didn't like the result of it not going to a referendum, then he should have worked harder to replace those politicians. Oh, that's right, he did...and lost that too. In this case, it's just a case of sour grapes, nothing more.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I'll disagree that it's the same, because politicians are elected to make the tough decisions. If he didn't like the result of it not going to a referendum, then he should have worked harder to replace those politicians. Oh, that's right, he did...and lost that too. In this case, it's just a case of sour grapes, nothing more.

Exactly. I've heard on 1500ESPN and KFAN that this is nothing more than a delay tactic. They have zero shot at winning the case if it even moves forward but are trying to delay the project.

The reason they waited for this time instead of two weeks ago is because if the entire thing is tied up in court, the state cannot issue the bonds until the case is settled or dismissed. Why do you think they planned to do it right as the bonds were to be issued?

They literally have 0% shot at winning this case and maybe a 5% chance of the case actually moving forward according to Tom Hauser. And that's coming from those who'd know. Not just us here at FF.

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
disaacs wrote:

You missed the key point that the stadium involved more than $10 million (? I'm unsure of the threshold) and was not subject to 'politicians' tough decision'. The law enacted years ago by different Mpls politicians required a public referendum, not politicians' votes, for good reasons.

The 'tough decision' was taken out of the hands of the People, by the council members, illegally; i.e. the referendum law on Mpls' city charter.
In essence, they didn't get their cereal (stadium) and bypassed the existing law.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing: As with all governments, the actions of a higher legislative body body will override those rules of the lower legislative body. In this case, the state legislature's actions regarding the stadium overrode those of Minneapolis' city charter. Case closed...lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels. The Mayoral candidates' lawsuit is nothing more than a frivolous lawsuit, amounting to a waste of time and money.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purplexing: As with all governments, the actions of a higher legislative body body will override those rules of the lower legislative body. In this case, the state legislature's actions regarding the stadium overrode those of Minneapolis' city charter. Case closed...lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels. The Mayoral candidates' lawsuit is nothing more than a frivolous lawsuit, amounting to a waste of time and money.

You are still missing the point of referendum laws. They are intended to restore the powers of politicians and judges to the People.

The laws were enacted many years ago due to abuses that..... are political in nature, so I am ending this discussion on FF.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dome roof deflation:

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/webcam.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time lapse view from outside and inside the dome.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/A-View-From-Inside-Of-The-Dome-Going-Down/25bebb79-e9d2-454f-8442-50363c4efdf8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 6 of 32

Jump to: