Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Early December Mock - TRADES!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Jrry32 Early December Mock - TRADES! Reply with quote

Alright guys, before I unveil it, I wanted to cover a few things that I have happening.

Cut
Cortland Finnegan
Scott Wells
Harvey Dahl

Key Re-Signings
Rodger Saffold
Jo-Lonn Dunbar

Trades
Rams trade:

Browns trade:
2nd(#7)

Rams trade:

Saints trade:
2nd(#30)

Explanation: Bridgewater and Clowney go #1 and #2. Rams shop the pick around to a few teams and the Browns decide they will move up for Derek Carr. Carr has the tools for Norv's offense and his biggest issues are things that Norv excels at fixing(footwork and mechanics).

The Saints have a nice year but feel they need a big time piece on defense. Rob Ryan salivates over the idea of Khalil Mack in his 3-4. Mack has a versatile skill-set with the ability to get after the passer at OLB. This is something the Saints would love to have. They move up over a few teams that are a threat to take the versatile Mack.

NFL Draft
http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-draft/view.cfm?id=116
Round 1 Pick #7 - Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
Round 1 Pick #30 - Cedric Ogbuehi T/G Texas A&M
Round 2 Pick #7 - LaMarcus Joyner CB/S FSU
Round 2 Pick #15 - Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
Round 2 Pick #30 - Calvin Pryor FS Louisville
Round 3 Pick #15 - Morgan Moses T Virginia
Round 4 Pick #15 - David Fales QB San Jose State
Round 5 Pick #15 - Andrew Jackson SLB Western Kentucky
Round 6 Pick #15 - Victor Hampton CB South Carolina
Round 7 Pick #15 - Spencer Long G Nebraska

Projected Starters
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Zac Stacy
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Mike Evans
ZWR: Stedman Bailey
SLWR: Tavon Austin(starts in 2 WR sets)
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Jake Long
LG: Cedric Ogbuehi
C: Tim Barnes/Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Joe Barksdale

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Kendall Langford(until Donald overtakes him)
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
SLCB: LaMarcus Joyner
FS: Calvin Pryor/Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker

It's nice that in this mock, for the first time in quite a few years, I don't have like 6 rookies having to start at different positions. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FRO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't see us getting a bounty in a trade down, which I guess is probably accurate.

If the Redskin pick is a top 3 pick we will trade it, if teams are willing to trade up. Watkins and Evans should be the two targets in a trade down situation. The Rams need a number 1, both those guys project to that.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
You don't see us getting a bounty in a trade down, which I guess is probably accurate.

If the Redskin pick is a top 3 pick we will trade it, if teams are willing to trade up. Watkins and Evans should be the two targets in a trade down situation. The Rams need a number 1, both those guys project to that.

I have no idea but I'd rather not bank on it. Laughing

FRO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FRO wrote:

I have no idea but I'd rather not bank on it. Laughing

I think you are right on two reasons. First none of the QB prospects outside of Bridgewater are on or near RG3's talent level. Mariota and Hundley get hype, but they don't excite me. Manziel straight scares me that high. I think you properly identified Carr as the possible target. Let's hope his brother and his mechanics don't scare teams away. The other reason we may not get a bounty is because teams look at how crippling the RG3 deal was to the team. Losing out on those first round picks really does hurt the franchise long term.
FRO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like Donald. A fun guy to watch play, and this scenario he can be used in situations that he excels in playing behind Langford.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, interesting. And while I see the Browns trade being very plausable, the second trade with the Saints is a nice idea, but I can only hope we could get more.

While I like the Evans pick, most of the others seem to be reaching a bit. I can very much appreciate Donald and Joyner as prospects, but IMO the 2nd is too early for them.

I know very little about the other prospects, but I have caught up on Fales and his ability and will be adding him into my next mock. The shootout he had with Carr was quite entertaining.

Overall I would feel just ok about this draft if it went like this.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would feel very "meh" if this happened. Yes I can see we are getting better, but I dont feel like we are getting a major impact player.

So, No, I am not that impressed with Mike Evans. When I watch him I see a guy who just bodies up smaller, non-NFL level DBs, who just cant match up with him. I love EJ Gains, but he is nowhere close to All-Pro level and he along with a sub-par college FS in Matt White completely took him out of the game on Saturday. Most of his impressive plays are coming on broken plays and sandlot football with JFF running around, where he can get in position and use his big frame and large catch radius to box defenders out. That isnt a thing that happens in the NFL. I am very uncomfortable in using a Top 10 pick on a WR who isnt dominant.

Also Im not sure hwy everyone is OK with Barksdale as the RT in the long term. Yes he has been nice at Run Blocking, but his pass blocking is scarry, and he is getting a good amount of help over there. As well as Jake Long being less than impressive I think getting a young and potentially dominant OT in on this team should be top priority. And lets be honest, Saffold can still go at LT, now he has shown he can hold up at RT (could be darn good there in a ZBS) and can even work as a Guard, he isnt likely to come back at all.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evans is not a top ten pick IMO, I'd be extremely disappointed with that pick at that spot...

As others have said, I don't think Saffold will come back. He just has too much versatility and is just coming into his prime years. Someone will overpay for that kind of help at O-Line...

I love the 3rd second round pick and beyond. Great value all the way through round seven...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams are drafting 2nd as of now ! This is from an Adam Schefter tweet one day ago.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not a fan of the first round picks in this mock. Honestly would hate Evans as our first pick. I'm not terribly impressed with him and certainly not enough to pick him that high. Would love the Fales pick, but think he goes higher then that when it comes down to it. Really love the Joyner pick, think he is a impact player.

I'd much rather just take Mathews with our first pick then settle for Evans
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I would feel very "meh" if this happened. Yes I can see we are getting better, but I dont feel like we are getting a major impact player.

So, No, I am not that impressed with Mike Evans. When I watch him I see a guy who just bodies up smaller, non-NFL level DBs, who just cant match up with him. I love EJ Gains, but he is nowhere close to All-Pro level and he along with a sub-par college FS in Matt White completely took him out of the game on Saturday. Most of his impressive plays are coming on broken plays and sandlot football with JFF running around, where he can get in position and use his big frame and large catch radius to box defenders out. That isnt a thing that happens in the NFL. I am very uncomfortable in using a Top 10 pick on a WR who isnt dominant.

Also Im not sure hwy everyone is OK with Barksdale as the RT in the long term. Yes he has been nice at Run Blocking, but his pass blocking is scarry, and he is getting a good amount of help over there. As well as Jake Long being less than impressive I think getting a young and potentially dominant OT in on this team should be top priority. And lets be honest, Saffold can still go at LT, now he has shown he can hold up at RT (could be darn good there in a ZBS) and can even work as a Guard, he isnt likely to come back at all.

So a talented CB that will be drafted on the 2nd day and a meh FS took a guy out of a game where his QB did not play good football.

And we're supposed to believe this guy isn't a great talent...because he doesn't dominate every week? Weak logic.

Don't be impressed with Mike Evans now. But you'll regret passing on him in a few years.

And no, this isn't factually true:
Quote:
Most of his impressive plays are coming on broken plays and sandlot football with JFF running around, where he can get in position and use his big frame and large catch radius to box defenders out. That isnt a thing that happens in the NFL.

Plus, actually, it does happen quite often in the NFL.

jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Really not a fan of the first round picks in this mock. Honestly would hate Evans as our first pick. I'm not terribly impressed with him and certainly not enough to pick him that high. Would love the Fales pick, but think he goes higher then that when it comes down to it. Really love the Joyner pick, think he is a impact player.

I'd much rather just take Mathews with our first pick then settle for Evans

We're not settling for Evans. It's amazing to me how people in this forum always use Sam's weapons to say that he doesn't have help and he'll play better if we gave him some.

Now, we have a chance to get Sam a weapon. A weapon who doesn't drop a lot of passes. A weapon that can win 50/50 jump balls. A weapon with the size to be a major threat in the red-zone. A weapon that complements Tavon Austin extremely well. A weapon that has done amazing things in the SEC as a freshman and sophomore.

But we're settling for that guy. Please, tell the gigantic flaws in Evans's game that make him such an unappealing pick. Are they his extremely soft hands? Are they his strength at the catch point? Are they his size and physicality? Are they his deceptive speed? Are they his ability to win jump balls?

As far as I know, those are all things we're begging for. So do people actually want those things? Do they actually want a potential #1 WR? Do you guys want to give Sam top tier weapons? Or is this all talk?

Mike Evans is a taller Alshon Jeffery. And Alshon Jeffery would have been a top 10 pick after his sophomore year before the weight concerns popped up. That's the price you pay for a guy that can play the football the way those two guys do.

And let me ask you, how often do you see WRs with that strong of hands "bust"?

Deemo55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with most everyone on the Evans pick but wouldn't be terribly disappointed if he was selected. He has size and reliable hands - his biggest knock IMO is how terribly disappointing he was against MIZZOU. Also, he's hard to evaluate with Manziel at QB with all those broken plays and Manziel always runs out of the pocket before he needs to so you don't really get a taste of Evan's as a route runner.

The Carr trade is realistic. Browns GM liked Mallett and Carr is similar and would be ideal for Norv's offense.

The Saints trade possibly but I don't see Mack lasting that long as pass rushers go early.

I'm a fan of Pryor and Joyner and would be happy if those are the DBs we come out of the draft with.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with everyone, Mike Evans is a big time WR.

Just for one example, you know that deep PA pass that Given dropped?

Yeahhhh, thats exactly the play that Evans would make 10 out of 10 times. And not Im not saying that makes him worthy of a top 10 selection, but Evans will make those plays and a lot more.

How about when Clemons ripped it deep to Tavon and he was blanketed? Yeah Mike Evans would be able to make that play too.

It will really depends how well he tests at the combine, maybe he is worthy of a top ten maybe he isnt, but he would greatly help this team.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

yeah, barksdale and long are not that good, but saffold is?
so why did he lost first his job at lt to long and then his job at rt to barksdale?
the same logic could be used to tell the world over and over again, that jason smith could be a great rt...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: