You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Thursday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry you guys have had such bad luck for so many years. I was really pulling for you guys to grab Teddy, but since that's likely over now who would you guys be targeting? Mariota if he declares? Clowney?

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry you guys have had such bad luck for so many years. I was really pulling for you guys to grab Teddy, but since that's likely over now who would you guys be targeting? Mariota if he declares? Clowney?

Khalil Mack.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
CJ Mosely.

Mariota has already announced he's going back to school. Our hopes for a QB this year are basically ded.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater and Mariota were the only QB options in this draft?

We still haven't heard from Hundley or Bortles, and Bortles sent in papers to see where they think he'll go. Carr is in the draft. Certain guys in the NFL have different opinions on where McCarron and Manziel should go.

I'm not a Manziel guy, but we have no idea what guys Caldwell likes, and if he does like Manziel i'll stand behind the guy. He has done nothing thus far to make me think otherwise. We have 10 draft picks, if we really want a guy we'll go up and get him, listen to what he stated about the Falcons going up and getting Julio Jones (a WR btw, not even a QB who we desperately need).

If Clowney and Bridgewater are off the board, we aren't trying to trade up, I am hoping for one of Carr, Bortles, Mack, or Barr.

El Ramster on the sig
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

Don't be sorry about us winning. We finally have a leader and his name is Gus Bradley.

There is plenty of QB talent in this draft and I am sure Caldwell will figure it out. If we came away with Hundley I would personally be jumping for joy.
Vino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:

We still haven't heard from Hundley or Bortles, and Bortles sent in papers to see where they think he'll go. Carr is in the draft. Certain guys in the NFL have different opinions on where McCarron and Manziel should go.

I'm not a Manziel guy, but we have no idea what guys Caldwell likes, and if he does like Manziel i'll stand behind the guy. He has done nothing thus far to make me think otherwise. We have 10 draft picks, if we really want a guy we'll go up and get him, listen to what he stated about the Falcons going up and getting Julio Jones (a WR btw, not even a QB who we desperately need).

If Clowney and Bridgewater are off the board, we aren't trying to trade up, I am hoping for one of Carr, Bortles, Mack, or Barr.

Wouldn't be surprised if both Bortles and Carr are gone before we get our hands on either. Browns and Vikings will be ahead of us. Even the Rams might be looking for a QB. O can't see us taking Manziel or McCarron with a top 10 pick, but some team might take them in the first round in general. Same with Boyd. I can't see Hundley coming out with the amount of people telling him to stay and develop.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if both Bortles and Carr are gone before we get our hands on either. Browns and Vikings will be ahead of us. Even the Rams might be looking for a QB. O can't see us taking Manziel or McCarron with a top 10 pick, but some team might take them in the first round in general. Same with Boyd. I can't see Hundley coming out with the amount of people telling him to stay and develop.

Just because their ahead of us doesn't mean they take either guy, their GM has to be confident in those guys. Not every person has the some opinion on QB's, if the GM takes a QB in the top 10 they are generally tied to them.

I never said we'd take Manziel or McCarron in the top 10, just saying we could trade up from our 2nd to get our guy too.

El Ramster on the sig
Vino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, you keep talking about "our guy". "Our guy" might not be, probably isn't, any of them either. :/

All I know is Cleveland is definitely taking Carr and Bridgewater is going to one of those QB needy teams. That leaves us with the rest that are not likely day one starters or will flat out bust.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Again, you keep talking about "our guy". "Our guy" might not be, probably isn't, any of them either. :/

All I know is Cleveland is definitely taking Carr and Bridgewater is going to one of those QB needy teams. That leaves us with the rest that are not likely day one starters or will flat out bust.

How do you have any idea what Caldwell is thinking? I am not saying I do, but to say "probably" about anything is far fetched. I think it's obvious we have no QB, and to say that they are going to go another year with no QB is unlikely. I don't see how we don't get one in the first four rounds, because we have no chance if we continue with Henne, whereas we could pick up a guy like Fales or Jimmy G in the mid rounds possibly and see if there's anything there. Not much can be worse than who we have right now, and there going to want to have a chance to have someone there.

It is December, everyone was saying Bray would go 2nd round last year, he was a UDFA. Everyone was wanting and thinking Geno goes top 10 last year, he went early 2nd. Things change. It's funny that you think a guy "definitely" goes to a team, when the draft order isn't even made up.

El Ramster on the sig
Vino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's obvious those guys aren't special. caldwell isn't going to trade up or waste a first round pick on any of those guys and force the issue. It's like you're talking from the position of expecting him to pull a magic rabbit out of a hat. It's not happening. We're either trading down and shoring up the defense or drafting a top 10 defensive talent. This is just the cost of winning, like you wanted to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just a heads up, because we're winning games the league is going to reward us with a harder schedule next year. So the chances of us being able to go on a run like this next year where we feed off teams that have given up on their seasons is probably lessened. Meanwhile no QB and likely not much talent added on offense other than a new center and offensive guard Confused

I'm really excited to see how our defense starts shaping up next year though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all I can say is I disagree strongly with what you think. If we escape this draft with Mack in the 1st and G.Jackson in the 2nd, some DT/RB/LB/C or G in the 3rd, your not going to see me complaining. Personally, I don't see it. Just because you don't like QB's doesn't mean Scouts and NFL Gm's don't. I find it funny that because you don't like certain players you assume Caldwell dislikes them as well. Bowl Games, Senior Bowl, Combine, Interviews, Pro Days, etc still have to happen, QB's will be moving up and down our list. Nothing is set in stone December 6th.

El Ramster on the sig
Vino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're still missing my point. I get you're trying to be optimistic, but there's a difference between being optimistic and just ignoring reality. If Caldwell take one of the QBs with our first rounder that aren't Bridgewater and Carr I'll trust him on it...but I'm just not expecting it at all and don't think it's viable.

Just don't be surprised or disappointed if we don't have a real answer at QB next year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
You're still missing my point. I get you're trying to be optimistic, but there's a difference between being optimistic and just ignoring reality. If Caldwell take one of the QBs with our first rounder that aren't Bridgewater and Carr I'll trust him on it...but I'm just not expecting it at all and don't think it's viable.

Just don't be surprised or disappointed if we don't have a real answer at QB next year.

I won't be, it's December and no one knows where we'll draft nor who is even in the draft at QB regarding Bortles and Hundley.

I just find it funny that you keep putting us at like #8 overall when there is 3 games left and we are probably sitting at pick #5 right now with everyone still having to play. The Falcons, the Rams possibly, Bucs, and Bills are all teams that I personally don't see taking a QB, and are all going to be in that top 8 range more than likely. It is very plausible that we could trade up for a guy if we like them, and Bortles/Carr and possibly Hundley if he declares are all guys I COULD see, as of right now in December (again, things change, guys that we don't see as top picks right now could be come May and vice versa) guys we could trade up for. All 4 of those teams have young QB's that I think they'll likely move on with. Bradford was having one of his best years before the injury and they need to add a big weapon in that offense like a Mike Evans and improve the O-Line. Falcons have Matt Ryan, no need for an explanation. Bills just drafted their guy, and the Bucs are starting to put some games together and Glennon has been pretty solid, especially as a rookie that had a lot of work to do coming into this year.

There's too much left to be done to worry about where QB's go and draft position.

El Ramster on the sig
Vino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're conveniently leaving out the Browns, who are definitely taking Carr given the chance, and the Vikings, who have a good chance at taking Manziel (not that we'd even draft him top 10 anyway). And obviously Houston is all but a foregone conclusion especially with Kubiak being fired.

So that leaves the guys I was talking about...none of whom I see as top 10 talents and are clearly developmental guys or just won't be ready to start day 1, which is what we need.

I'm really doubting Hundley comes out, and even if he did he's so raw he'd be a fringe first rounder at best who will have to sit just like the other guys and Bortles I have no clue about but I'm not banking on him coming out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: