Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Thread VI: What the hell is going on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who makes the best random threads
N4L wearing a sombrero
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
N4L in a tuxedo complete with gloves
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
N4L drinking pie and eating beer
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
N4L kissing your mother
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
N4L riding a lama while talking on the phone with a giraffe
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
N4L sulking in the corner while peanut butter is flowing from the fountain of goof
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
or N4L?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molecular wrote:
So like, you guys believe in 'magicians' like David Blaine? Some things seem hard to explain.

What do you mean? I do "believe" David Blaine exists. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pseudonym. As far as "magic" goes, I don't think Blaine himself pretends to have any powers...

And of course it's hard to explain... that's the point. Sometimes, these guys start from something easy and add layers of confusion in order to make something simple seem hard. Other times, it's more about training a particular skill beyond what most people would bother to do which, added to a couple of layers of distraction, makes it look superhuman. Other times, it's technology that makes the seemingly impossible look possible. Sometimes the real trick is simply something so absurdly dangerous for their lives that people wouldn't even go there. David Blaine almost died a few times, or flirted with vegetative states, in order to impress people. When you get to know what happens behind the scenes, it becomes more absurd than magical.

Watch this. You'll understand "magic" tricks are more about commitment than it is about magic. I'm a magician too. Sometimes I make terrible jokes, but I commit to it hard until somehow it becomes funny!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I used to work just north of the Canadian border, We would sometimes drive over the border just to bring back some real beer from Canada.

hitting the duty free shop, i hope

state stores in Canada - at least there were when I was doing this

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I used to work just north of the Canadian border, We would sometimes drive over the border just to bring back some real beer from Canada.

western Canada? I don't really know how it is over there. Just used to The Beer Stores all over Ontario. Much more expensive than over here, unless you're at the duty free.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Imagine Dragons last weekend here in Tulsa. Those guys are quite good. I am not a fan of many modern groups--prefer classic and more specifically 80s (I've seen Chicago, Whitelion, Night Ranger, Kansas, OMD, Eddie Money, 'Weird Al')--but these guys have a very distinct sound. They may be from Las Vegas, but much of their work has a lot of Celtic-style undertones. "Radioactive" was quite impressive in concert ("It's Time" is my fav, but that rendition of "Radioactive" was amazing).
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

western Canada? I don't really know how it is over there. Just used to The Beer Stores all over Ontario. Much more expensive than over here, unless you're at the duty free.

Yeah it was the beer stores in Ontario I was talking about.

So, Rudy, I headed south into Ontario to buy my beer. Where was I working?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Molecular wrote:
So like, you guys believe in 'magicians' like David Blaine? Some things seem hard to explain.

What do you mean? I do "believe" David Blaine exists. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pseudonym. As far as "magic" goes, I don't think Blaine himself pretends to have any powers...

And of course it's hard to explain... that's the point. Sometimes, these guys start from something easy and add layers of confusion in order to make something simple seem hard. Other times, it's more about training a particular skill beyond what most people would bother to do which, added to a couple of layers of distraction, makes it look superhuman. Other times, it's technology that makes the seemingly impossible look possible. Sometimes the real trick is simply something so absurdly dangerous for their lives that people wouldn't even go there. David Blaine almost died a few times, or flirted with vegetative states, in order to impress people. When you get to know what happens behind the scenes, it becomes more absurd than magical.

Watch this. You'll understand "magic" tricks are more about commitment than it is about magic. I'm a magician too. Sometimes I make terrible jokes, but I commit to it hard until somehow it becomes funny!

I was talking more about the illusions. I saw one where he chew off half a dollar bill then spat it out and re-attached the dollar to the other side, that has to be fixed, I really don't know.

I asked the question because I know some people do believe in magic.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

too easy of a question for me. seems like you were referenced in don't stop believing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Too easy for me too. I know my Québec City-Windsor Corridor! That city would have to be Detroit, and you'd be driving south to Windsor. It's odd how Canada and the US are often referred to as being north and south of the 49th parallel, yet the great majority of the population of Canada is actually south of the 49th. Including me.

Hey, I just got an idea. Since Detroit went bankrupt, maybe Canada could buy it for a dollar (canadian or american, you choose), and we'll take care of it. I have a perfect candidate for its new mayor: Rob Ford! He's done wonders to the economy of Toronto, and he'd probably have an easier access to his... leisurely activities...

big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Too easy for me too. I know my Québec City-Windsor Corridor! That city would have to be Detroit, and you'd be driving south to Windsor. It's odd how Canada and the US are often referred to as being north and south of the 49th parallel, yet the great majority of the population of Canada is actually south of the 49th. Including me.

Hey, I just got an idea. Since Detroit went bankrupt, maybe Canada could buy it for a dollar (canadian or american, you choose), and we'll take care of it. I have a perfect candidate for its new mayor: Rob Ford! He's done wonders to the economy of Toronto, and he'd probably have an easier access to his... leisurely activities...

Well, OK, my favorite stumper for people "If you drive due south from Detroit, what's the first foreign country you come to?" is too easy for Canadians.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Well, OK, my favorite stumper for people "If you drive due south from Detroit, what's the first foreign country you come to?" is too easy for Canadians.

I like to ask people what country is north of Canada, and they say "Well, there's nothing north of Canada". People seem to forget the earth is round, though. I guess in that context, Russia is both north and south of Canada...

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
True Detective is the best show on TV right now.

Oh yeah, sucks there are only two episodes remaining.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
True Detective is the best show on TV right now.

Oh yeah, sucks there are only two episodes remaining.

They're green lit for a second season, but I don't see them topping Woody and McConaughey. It'll be interesting to see what two new detectives they bring in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys believe in extraterrestrial beings??
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
You guys believe in extraterrestrial beings??

Factually, we know of at least 6 extraterrestrial beings. Beyond that, given the size of the universe, the probability of life beyond our solar system is very high.

Oh, before you ask, the 6 known extraterrestrial beings is the crew of the internation space station.

49erjunkie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to miss fishing. Havent done it in years.

Walter Redskins on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 30 of 47

Jump to: