Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Thread VI: What the hell is going on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who makes the best random threads
N4L wearing a sombrero
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
N4L in a tuxedo complete with gloves
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
N4L drinking pie and eating beer
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
N4L kissing your mother
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
N4L riding a lama while talking on the phone with a giraffe
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
N4L sulking in the corner while peanut butter is flowing from the fountain of goof
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
or N4L?
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think this was one of the most boring wildcard weekends?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

None of the games were particularly close and they all seemed over from the getgo. Tomorrow's cfb championships game should be much more interesting watch then any of these others were.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

was completely bored to tears..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

was completely bored to tears..

At least we have a lot of good match ups next round, except Pats/Texans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers - pure magic when he's at the top of his game!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

No doubt. He's one of my favorites players in the game. Really fell into a fortunate situation with us not drafting him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

No doubt. He's one of my favorites players in the game. Really fell into a fortunate situation with us not drafting him.

Every QB needs to watch some of his pocket composure highlights of that last game 100x a day... every day. And to then have the arm to accurately whip those passes down the field? It really is a thing of beauty. Silver-spooned his way through development, or not, he good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Every QB needs to watch some of his pocket composure highlights of that last game 100x a day... every day. And to then have the arm to accurately whip those passes down the field? It really is a thing of beauty. Silver-spooned his way through development, or not, he good.

He's one of the best at moving in the pocket. I don't mean scrambling, although he's good at that too. I mean at just moving around a bit to find a spot to set up. I swear that he even has a way of helping out his oline guys. He'll move one way to get a pass rusher to change his angle a bit, then move back to where he was originally. I've seen him do that a lot and after the two moves his o-line guy now has proper position on the rusher where he was beat to start with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I guess there would have been a chance we would ruin him, but I don't think so. He is an all time talent and arguably the most gifted QB of all time. Rodgers would have found a way to be successful anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT was a football game.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

He's one of the best at moving in the pocket. I don't mean scrambling, although he's good at that too. I mean at just moving around a bit to find a spot to set up. I swear that he even has a way of helping out his oline guys. He'll move one way to get a pass rusher to change his angle a bit, then move back to where he was originally. I've seen him do that a lot and after the two moves his o-line guy now has proper position on the rusher where he was beat to start with.

He's definitely great an maneuvering pass rushers, and I hope our next QB can work the pocket half as well as Rodgers. No more bailing out right when the ball is snapped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
Now THAT was a football game.
hell yeah!!! That game kicked butt!!!

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My award for Best Special Purpose Play goes to K State's goal-line offensive set.

Here's the line up. Seven o-line guys packed as close together as possisble, probably touching shoulder to shoulder and hip to hip. QB under center. One "big back" (might have been an extra o-line line) just a half step behind the QB and right behind the G. Another "big back" (might also have been another o-line guy) in the same position on the other side of the QB. Finally the FB (maybe another o-line guy?) only one step behind the QB. At the snap the o-line guys try to straighten up their man and push him back. Each of the big guys behing the guards run straight into the back of the guards and join the push. The QB runs straight into the back of the center and pushes rather than tries to find a hole. And the FB runs straight into the back of the QB and adds to the center push. In a space no wider than three guys standing side by side close enough so they touch they had 7 guys all pushing. I hope you can picture this - each guard with a guy behind pushing and the center with the QB and another guy behind pushing.

Might not go for much, but unless the defense knows it's coming and has some special defense for it it's really hard to stop a 7 man push right up the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also saw a trick on-side kick in the CA state HS championship game. Instead of overloading one side of the field for the onside kick they spread guys way apart all across the kickoff line. Just before the kicker approached the ball they all ran to the center of the field on either side of the ball and then the kicker kicked it. Defense was scrambling like crazy to get guys to the middle ... except one of the guys on the kickoff team that was spread out very wide did not actually come to the middle. He stayed over by the sideline maybe lost with all of his teammates off the field just behind him. Kicker went that way and it was an easy recovery. With the right bounce the guy might have caught it on the run and gone all the way with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said right after Chip was fired that he should sit back for a year, enjoy his family and the millions Jed will have to give him, and then maybe he has his pick of jobs that open up next year. But Cal ought to be pretty interesting to him. He already knows the Pac 12; has a recruiting tie in to California and other west coast states; and I think likes living in the bay area. If he can recruit a team to play at Oregon he ought to be able to recruit guys to play at Cal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 96 of 97

Jump to: